Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: succession game - EPICMAFIA 1  (Read 3103 times)

GaryOak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: succession game - EPICMAFIA 1
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2010, 01:54:31 am »

Expedition Report of Emperor GaryOak

End of Season

It's now the end of season and I must reluctantly hand over control of the fort to someone else. I know that the Dwarves here will miss my skillful leadership, and will soon reappoint me head of this expedition.

First, I'd like to make note that I have dug out several layers, for two reasons: One, to obtain the precious gold alloy found in the one, with which we can make highly valuable goods for trade. And two, I have dug out the other layer in the hopes of finding coal. My reasoning being that our supply of trees is extremely limited. This is not exactly dense forest land...

I have successfully created a thriving underground plump helmet industry, the only problem is it's many levels under our main settlement, and quite abit of hauling is involved, I still believe we need to shift our fort deeper.

I also believe, that if coal cannot be found, that we must look into producing a tower-cap industry, or else all smithing operations will have to cease at this fort, and that would be quite disastrous to our economy.

I've left the fort in good stead, with large supplies of food and liquor, and I trust that the next leader will continue this trend. I also hope our burgeoning economy will attract ever greater amounts of migrants. Alas, we only received one large wave of them, but I'm confident with an advanced gold forging industry, we will soon become one of the premier forts in the region.
(Save: http://www.mediafire.com/file/fgmzl4q4vwv/region4.rar)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 02:28:03 am by GaryOak »

cappstv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2010, 03:19:52 am »

The Journal of Cappstv

End of Season
We somehow survived.
Karmaloop is dead, but no one really like him anyway. We are lucky.
The French were adept of the "Losing is Fun" philosophy long before Dwarf Fortress.

Imakuni

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Dance Floor!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2010, 12:17:19 pm »

Spring 1054

GaryOak's reign is finally over. Nothing much else happened since I last wrote.

Karmaloop's dead.

Gary's still crazy for the caverns. Nothing came out of them yet, so maybe the legends were false, and it was a smart move exploring them. (His only smart move.)

Here's to hoping that the next leader will not be as insane, and I can finally come out of my bedroom.

(OOC: I'm going to be gone until friday, there will be no journals from me until I get back.)
Urist McImmigrant: "What?! Hey! What's going onnn---aaaaRRRGGHH!!"
Urist McSurgeon: "Must remove the rot, yes.  This one is unclean, ssssss.  Purity of essence, yesss."
Urist McImmigrant: "Whhaa---aaaARRGHH OW!  MY PANCREAS!  AAAAGGHH!! THAT'S MY - NOOOOO---AAARRGHGHHH!!!"
Urist McImmigrant has suffocated.

Laexio

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2010, 07:32:13 am »

Who's up next?

Imakuni

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Dance Floor!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2010, 11:35:20 am »

I don't think Greydead's going, so I think you are.
Urist McImmigrant: "What?! Hey! What's going onnn---aaaaRRRGGHH!!"
Urist McSurgeon: "Must remove the rot, yes.  This one is unclean, ssssss.  Purity of essence, yesss."
Urist McImmigrant: "Whhaa---aaaARRGHH OW!  MY PANCREAS!  AAAAGGHH!! THAT'S MY - NOOOOO---AAARRGHGHHH!!!"
Urist McImmigrant has suffocated.

Laexio

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2010, 11:10:08 am »

Where's the save?

How do I use them?
Pages: 1 2 [3]