Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50

Author Topic: Browser-based game: Illyriad // Bay12 Alliance Formed! Updates on first post!  (Read 57502 times)

NightS

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ok then, my name is NightSorroW
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 01:57:18 am by NightS »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Interesting, raids do full damage to commanders, while only inflicting up to 1/3 casualties on the loser. Thus, the losing side of a raid will lose their commander. And here I was dismayed at the fact you couldn't assassinate commanders in the field.

Does losing the commander affect a sieging army's ability to siege?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile

Huh. This looks pretty interesting.
*Hugs*

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile

Stormlord's had his siege camps cleared, although there are apparently still two armies outside without siege engines.

Akura is being bombarded with siege at two cities with a third attack to a third city still on the way and a while out still. There are 35 engines going still on his cities, although he is still able to raid the camps and might be able to reduce those numbers.

EDIT: Also, will invite you Nightsorrow; also Dutchling you are invited if you did not see it

Does losing the commander affect a sieging army's ability to siege?

Don't know
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 07:14:50 pm by Duuvian »
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It does not. The army without a commander had gotten a few shots off before I finished it off.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile

It does not. The army without a commander had gotten a few shots off before I finished it off.

Oh, I thought you meant the final attack to claim/raze.

MerchantofMenace, feel free to join, you'll have an easier start since we can flood you with resources (helps if you are talkative in chat, otherwise I might forget to send some on accident since I'd have to look at the memberlist to see who has been active otherwise)

EDIT: Also, Akura, to compare it takes 10 siege engines about 3-4 days max to get a 10kish city down to the size needed to get the final siege, at first the miss a lot but as time goes on you'll be destoyed faster and faster
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 07:22:00 pm by Duuvian »

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
  • The [Weapon] has lodged firmly in the wound!
    • View Profile

Ok I'm gonna try this.  Will see how it goes/ try to join alliance if I like it.

Alright I'm humans.  Name: Neotemplar.  City: Radiant Darkness

Also saw no indication of choosing location.  So no Idea on that one?  Maybe they changed it so you can't.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 08:30:38 pm by neotemplar »
If not under Neotemplar look for Vellum.

<22:07:06> "Terry": If a kid is old enough to play D&D
<22:07:20> "Terry": A kid is old enough to experience a dolphin being strangled

Seriyu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Springless Clock

Yeah, you spawn in a random section, with your starting town on a particular terrain type, plains for humans, rocky outcrops for dwarves, presumably woods for elves, and heavy clay seams for orcs I believe.

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ok I finished the tutorial.  So you can alliance invite me I think?  Also I'm in norweld according to the game.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile

Inviting you neo

Be warned we are in a war though, and they don't live especially far away, although you will have a few days of new person protection

EDIT: I should say, they are not far from you, while StA (us) live on a remote island

Also I will invite you sometime later tonight, I need to do some things first

EDIT2: They are in Norweld at -125 138
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 10:35:51 pm by Duuvian »

neotemplar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Inviting you neo

Be warned we are in a war though, and they don't live especially far away, although you will have a few days of new person protection

EDIT: I should say, they are not far from you, while StA (us) live on a remote island

Also I will invite you sometime later tonight, I need to do some things first

Ok so should I wait to actually join up until I steady myself?

Especially as I have little to no idea what I should be doing?

A nice guy in chat has sent me a caravan with 10k gold and 1000 of all basic supplies so I may well start off pretty good.

It seems upgrading food production is needed early on as all other buildings are draining on it.

My current goals are to get food production expanded. Get at least some militia. And improve research speed if possible.

I just spotted the teleport city option.  So.... If you guys want to move me somewhere better for the alliance I can do that.  Just give me the X/y coordinates.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2011, 10:43:36 pm by neotemplar »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My capital has been taken by Skull & Bones. This is good, since the city can be recaptured, bad because they have my capital.

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile

I'm ingame as Tenshi
*Hugs*

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile

I joined up as jaybud4.
No idea where I am in relation to you guys.

EDIT: I joined up with another alliance.
I figure they can help me get up and self-sufficient faster, seeing as they're not in any wars :P
« Last Edit: June 19, 2011, 04:20:34 pm by Jay »
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile

I just spotted the teleport city option.  So.... If you guys want to move me somewhere better for the alliance I can do that.  Just give me the X/y coordinates.

Go to the "Windseekers Isle" on the stragtic map and find somewhere you want to settle. Click on the square and get the X/Y coordinates.

Thats how I did it.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50