Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 50

Author Topic: Browser-based game: Illyriad // Bay12 Alliance Formed! Updates on first post!  (Read 57576 times)

Chutney

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

yea theres some big dealie downtime for some big siege changes or something

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Does anyone here in game go by "dmtninja"?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

mrchinchin25

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just started this game, name is mrchinchin25 in game

Location seems to be -24 | -144

A tutorial was offered which I ended straight away - only elves use tutorials

FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You missed out on free resources(enough for a caravan, at least), and a some decent start-up information there, buddy.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

mrchinchin25

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ah well, I've got things rocking along at the mo, and following the tips from the first page of this thread.

I like doing things the hard way!

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
Re: Browser-based game: Illyriad // Bay12 Alliance Formed! Updates on first post!
« Reply #575 on: September 12, 2010, 08:00:46 pm »

Slaves to Armok are fighting another alliance called Skull & Bones. The alliance has managed to totally destroy their top player's city while inflicting roughly a 3-1 kill to loss ratio and losing nothing in return. However, they've allied to a second alliance which has just declared war. We also have (untested) allies, but losses will be higher this time.
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
Re: Browser-based game: Illyriad // Bay12 Alliance Formed! Updates on first post!
« Reply #576 on: September 12, 2010, 10:05:45 pm »

I don't like my position. There's a guy nearby I can reasonably fight, but there's another guy right on my doorstep with 2500 population (I have ~650). :(

Also, it'd be about time for me to start city 2, but I don't have enough resources for a caravan since I got thieved of almost all my gold in our last war (the day before they fixed the way vaults protected gold).
« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 10:07:25 pm by Sensei »
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: September 12, 2010, 10:12:40 pm »

For the war with TRR it is statue quo for now.Don't attack them.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: September 12, 2010, 10:28:43 pm »

Also, after this war is over I'm going to be focusing on resource redistribution to players just getting started, so drop me a line if your interested and located in the SE

Name: Noryasha Grunk

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: September 13, 2010, 08:03:53 am »

Alright, to those who are interested in the game but have not yet joined: Slaves to Armok, has shown its potential in our current campaign. We're getting recognition from launching a major attack against an alliance led by a player known for his aggression and bad attitude. Shout out here if you'd like to join. We can give you a head start.

Also, to those who have gone inactive, you're encouraged to return. Some of us have become siege-capable (read: can destroy other cities). It completely changed how the game is played and how decisions are made.

In-game: Aelfric
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

father_alexander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: September 13, 2010, 09:55:19 am »

i would love to start playing, will register as soon as i get back home (a couple of hours)

Any advice you guys wanna give me?

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #581 on: September 13, 2010, 05:59:56 pm »

I think that I will join as well. Going to register now.

And I am in as Akhier right now. At x -346, y -256 and my towns name is M†mgozzanor which stands for Dragonheart in the Dwarven tongue.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2010, 06:18:04 pm by Akhier the Dragon hearted »
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: September 13, 2010, 06:19:44 pm »

i would love to start playing, will register as soon as i get back home (a couple of hours)

Any advice you guys wanna give me?

Awesome!

Quick tips:
Settle in either SW or SE. We have more players in SW but Noryasha, Mysterious, and I (Aelfric in-game) are in SE so we can help you as well. It's up to you.

Follow the tutorial, because you'll get a horse that can be used to build a caravan that can be used to gather resources off the world map (read: grow faster than simply waiting for the resources to be produced by the city!).

Make sure you set tax rate to 1% to boost your resources production rate.

I think that I will join as well. Going to register now.

And I am in as Akhier right now. At x -346, y -256 and my towns name is M†mgozzanor which stands for Dragonheart in the Dwarven tongue.

Welcome Akhier, I will send you an invite to Slaves to Armok!
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: September 13, 2010, 06:48:42 pm »

We'll also work on sending you some starting gifts - so the first thing you might want to upgrade/build is your warehouse, so you can fit them.

father_alexander

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: September 14, 2010, 09:51:47 am »

just got started, but you may want to spend your gifts on akhier, i kinda suck at these games and i hate to feel like im wasting someone else´s resources, started on SE under the name of Hyena7, i dont have much time to waste on the game but ill do what i can, btw, suggestions on what to star researching and upgrading and stuff?
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 10:02:09 am by father_alexander »
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 50