Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 50

Author Topic: Browser-based game: Illyriad // Bay12 Alliance Formed! Updates on first post!  (Read 57639 times)

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If we do this, we might consider placing it near the center of the world map, for nearest access to the average anywhere.

The problem would be that the area is already pretty occupied. Though I suppose we could simply encompass any squares that stand in the way, though it may create many enemies.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 11:01:49 am by Rakonas »

Halfman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Square 0,0 is a loch in the middle of nowhere.
There are a few large cities there. But i think it would be cool to build an eight city metropolis around the loch and claim the map as our own. It would be kind of an FU to the rest of the players.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And we really want to piss off the entire playerbase?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Spartan 117

• Bay Watcher
  • Never think twice. Or at all.
    • View Profile

And we really want to piss off the entire playerbase?

It would be the dwarven thing to do.
Well, you know how if you take your thumb and forefinger and hold them up to your eye, you can make it look like you're squishing someone's head? It's like that, only for real.
"Sometimes being a dwarf has it's advantages, KNEE-CAPPING TIME!"

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No, the dwarven thing to do would be to find a huge volcano, preferable with several different terrain types around, and build our mega-city around that.

I support the above idea.

Anyways, my first two settlements I have set already. One of them is going to be StoneGirdle West whether BBZ likes it or not :3

Anyways, Anyone know of a good volcano in the southern hemisphere? Preferably with interesting terrain nearby, and plenty of unsettleable areas to add variety? Oh, and its got to be one of the BIG volcanos...

Heavenfall

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I keep trying to kill the elven caravans, but it's not working.

Upon him I will visit famine and a fire, until all around him desolation rings
and all the demons in the outer dark look on amazed and recognize
that vengeance is the business of a dwarf

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also, conveninently I'm located right next to a fiery mountain, and me and Aelfric are already nearby...

Right next to a nice Loch... but almost all plains around, so not very defensive.

Okay, at 167, -269

Volcano next to two lochs, good variety of resources around. Settlement near it, abandoned - since I'd prefer to expand by conquering, that suits me as a good target. no resources though...

Anyone have a better one, mention it!

OKay, 156, -247 has a nice mine shaft right next to a block of mountains, some woods, some fertile fields. Very defensible, no volcano, but it would be cool to build around a mine shaft as well...

142, -248. This is better than the last one I think, VERY resource rich with every major resource represented, very defensible, two haunted woods, chasm, lots of heavy terrain, and an abandoned mine shaft. Even a volcano a few squares to the south.

Best bet so far, I think
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 03:38:01 pm by GlyphGryph »

DaveT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So I'm about ready to plant a new settlement, where am I putting it :p (Gilanor)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ask in chat.

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev

I have joined and settled in the SE. Name is Ductape.
I got nothing

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Where I live there are three volcanoes, three mineshafts, mountain ranges, clay, woods, plains, etc. Check out -314, -42

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

just wanted to remind people, if you need more Research points or a book or two for a spell. I am churning them out for trade...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev

Can i gets an invite to the alliance? name is Ductape
I got nothing

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Where I live there are three volcanoes, three mineshafts, mountain ranges, clay, woods, plains, etc. Check out -314, -42

Thats pretty good - if those were fiery mountains I'd be sold, but... I only see one mountain shaft in that area. I think my proposal is a little better, but I'd be fine with that one as well.

To everybody else - save up those settlers till we decide on a location, maybe?

Spectr

• Bay Watcher
  • Watching Bays
    • View Profile

I just joined. Seems fun

Spectr
Ghost Town
(-346|-54)

Send me an invite to join the alliance :D
Word
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 50