Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 50

Author Topic: Browser-based game: Illyriad // Bay12 Alliance Formed! Updates on first post!  (Read 57684 times)

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Edit again:

Unit stats

Numbers are sometimes quite unintuitive. Archers, for example, have a higher defensive rating vs cavalry than spearmen do. Stats between different races vary a lot.

Also here is a general discussion of factors that influence combat.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile

I say we just recruit Bay12 people. I mean, a large guild isnt exactly needed, 10 noobs cant beat one experienced player. Plus, like this, we can all chit chat on this forum topic(which I prefer). Lastle, we can all relate to certain things other people wouldnt understand(like thermonuclear cat master).

Finely, there is always the threat of spies. The game even has a technology for spies.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I say we don't recruit non-bay12 people. Being large isn't going to help us as much as being a close-knit alliance without much threat of infiltration. We should put off the introduction of non-bay12ers until after most of us are powerful.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay, it seems the general consensus is "no", then. I do like Bucket's idea of introducing DF to whoever applies, regardless of whether they get taken in or not. Let's help Toady promote the game.  :)
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So my newbie flag finally wore off, and I decided to introduce myself to my neighbors.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Congrats! And welcome to 'farming nearby inactives' phase!
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Congrats! And welcome to 'farming nearby inactives' phase!

Thank you. Overall it seems to add about 25% to my resource income.

What's the next phase?

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Once you upgrade one or two buildings for each resource type to level 7, you'll get to 'building time bottleneck' phase. You need level 5 masonry, carpentry, and foundry to advance in research. They take a lot of resources, but more importantly, they take a lot of hours to build. You'd have filled up your warehouse before they get completed.

After that, you'll want to upgrade your barrack and get back to 'insufficient resource' phase again. I'm at this point so I don't know what is coming next. I do know barrack requires a lot of iron and stones.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile

Farming a suspended person is fun, since hes got a better resource income than regular inactives.

Also, if anyone cares, im going ahead with my plan. Upping food production, so if people need cows/horses/food, contact me. Though, I just started, so its not much. Got a flourmill going.

I can also convert the cows into leather and saddles. However, I cant trade neither of those resources at the moment. You can just simply convert the cows when they arrive.

Im in the southwest region, but im willing to spare my caravans for long trips, I only use them once a day at best for quests and a resource gathering episode.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 01:23:13 am by Orb »
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think I might benefit from cows/food, but considering that I've got positive food production I'm sure others could benefit more. Currently my Weaponsmiths and Armorsmiths are working  around the clock to produce axes and chainmail, and I'm not going to be using all that I produce as I'm running a deficit in gold. So, I'm sure I could spare enough to produce a few axedwarves a day, particularly for commanders (As who wants an old speardwarf leading their army?) Actually, it apparently takes a level 15 marketplace for the tech to trade that,  :-\  .
I also don't use my caravans too often as I'm far too lazy to seek out the resources I need on the map.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 04:02:52 pm by Rakonas »

Evilgrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Orb.. Noo!
That was my plan.. And I told people about it..
I have a level 3 Flourmill so far, and a level 8 Farm..
Sad face.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile

Orb.. Noo!
That was my plan.. And I told people about it..
I have a level 3 Flourmill so far, and a level 8 Farm..
Sad face.

::)

I will undercut your prices, putting you out of business. For every 1k food you buy from me, you get a free COW!  :o

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Great, you two should have the title [skill level] Farmer.  :P

Akura, any update on titles? I am confident I can manage it if you allow me too. They all should be set as an equivalent of 'new member', just different names, right?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Custom titles for 29 people(I'll keep "Founder" for now), one at a time?

:-\
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes, we can do, say, 3-5 a day. Whenever time is available. No rush, just want to get it started before we completely forget about it.

The format would be:

[skill level representing population] [profession]

Skill levels: http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/Skill

Dabbling is 0-100.
Novice is 101-200.
And so on.

So I would be... Adequate Elf Skin Tanner.  :D

Every member must inform those authorised to change titles when his population growth entitles him to the next skill level.

What do you think?

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 50