Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 50

Author Topic: Browser-based game: Illyriad // Bay12 Alliance Formed! Updates on first post!  (Read 57685 times)

Halfman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think our name should have been the Communist Party of Armok  :P

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It's not about alienating other members, but designating specific roles to more active player, simply because they have more time to commit in their hands. Just like Akura had to spend resources on his consulate to get the alliance going. Consider these extra contributions to the alliance rather than being bossy.

And to spice up things in the alliance as well. Don't you want a custom title of your own?  :P
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Halfman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ex) "Halfman Commander in Chief of First UK server..." Or something like that. I figure i would start with one server and gradually work my way through the others as they opened. Don't want to beat the other players too badly.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Ex) "Halfman Commander in Chief of First UK server..." Or something like that. I figure i would start with one server and gradually work my way through the others as they opened. Don't want to beat the other players too badly.

That's what I'm talking about.  :P

I probably would make a good "Minister for Famine and Tax Evasion" since I've always had negative food and gold production.
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

DaveT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm all for pointless titles. Until we are all a lot more experienced in the game we won't know how to separate responsibilities properly anyway. So arbitrary titles?

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sigh I just can't get a break...
I never can find any food on the field, my Farms never produce enough to supply me, All the resources around me are getting eaten up by those around me... GAH...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

EDIT: Dervin and anduin seem to be inactive?

Dervin has been on in the past hour, Andruin hasn't logged on in 5 days.

I guess we don't have enough members to need a centralised power

It's not lack of memebers so much as lack of any specialized function that would justify having officers. We're bay12, and we're already the 13th largest guild in the game, so it's not like we need to have someone spam recruitment messages. The trade system in the game doesn't require having anyone designated to handle guild trades. There's no real time coordinated events in the game, so we don't need a "raid leader" and if we decide to do coordinated attacks it's easy enough to post here or PM people.

What purpose, what function, what "things to do" are there that would justify formally designating people to do them? Akura can handle diplomacy if it comes up. That's pretty much all there is to do.

Actually, attack coordinators are really the only one we possibly have a use for, distance = time.  We send a wave of 5 attacks within 5 minutes from 5 different people?  Scare the tar out of anyone.  Good luck on that though, since most of us look to be casual.  I definitely am, despite leaving myself logged in the whole day, I'm actually only around/paying attention for a fraction of that time.
And we don't need a recruiter.  We are already recruiting from here in this forum.  Plus, we full?
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Plus, we full?
Far from, I've been upgrading my Consulate to stop whoever's been stealing from me.

I've been thinking about the titles. For the time being, I suppose we could use pointless(as far as game mechanics go) titles, given by total population. For example, new players would be Expedition Leader, at 100 pop they're mayor, 500 they're Baron, and so on. Thoughts?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey Akura I am in Desperate Need of food. Can I please have that one next to your Base... (We are Neighbours FYI)
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Go ahead. I don't need food at the moment.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

wave of 5 attacks within 5 minutes from 5 different people?
Good luck on that though, since most of us look to be casual.

Shouldn't require anyone to be especially "hard core." Just establish a day in advance a time for an attack to arrive, post here, and let people figure out when they need to send their troops. If people know they need to log on for two minutes at a particular time, that shouldn't present much difficulty. With 30 of us, odds are good five of us will happen to be on at the right time anyway.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Still working on getting my resources all upgraded.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've been thinking about the titles. For the time being, I suppose we could use pointless(as far as game mechanics go) titles, given by total population. For example, new players would be Expedition Leader, at 100 pop they're mayor, 500 they're Baron, and so on. Thoughts?

To be honest, I'm thinking of making our alliance and the titles within it, a parody of all those professional-looking alliances out there. We will definitely stand out from the crowd! Sooooooooo, can we have custom titles, please?  :P

Oooor, if you want to get semi-serious, what if we use professions available at DF? Say, Dabbling Farmer, Master Elf Skinner, Competent Skeletal Elephant Rider, Legendary Carp Fisher and so on.

Halfman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I second Buir's idea. I think it would be awesome to be a Master Elf Skin Tanner...

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've begun the production of my first couple suits of chainmail. My first military unit will be an axedwarf, just as armok intended. How is everyone's military technology going?
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 50