Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 50

Author Topic: Browser-based game: Illyriad // Bay12 Alliance Formed! Updates on first post!  (Read 57699 times)

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile

I don't need my second town in the alliance if it's limited by slots. That's kind of silly of them to limit alliance size like that if you ask me.
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Fellow Slaves, please read my post in StA forum. And feel free to criticize it. :)
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have succesfully restarted my account.

I'm in the game as LordBucket. I'm located at -87, -318

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Anduin seems to be inactive, six days since last login.

I don't need my second town in the alliance if it's limited by slots. That's kind of silly of them to limit alliance size like that if you ask me.
It makes sense, since your consulate is supposed to be the center of your diplomatic efforts.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Do we have a slot for LordBucket?

EDIT: Nevermind, he is already invited.

I'll PM anduin here and confirm.

EDIT2: That's odd. "Anduin" does not exist in Bay12. What's his username here if anyone remembers? I can't be bothered to go through pages of posts.   ???

EDIT3: Duuvian, you might wanna check if it's allowed to have both accounts in the same alliance. Deon planned to do it but stopped, probably because he read about it being forbidden.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 09:40:55 am by BuriBuriZaemon »
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Halfman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Are we encouraging a hierarchy system? Instead of just new member and leader....

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Good question. I haven't really about it. Maybe use dwarven nobility titles? And for that matter, who goes where in the hierarchy? Buri's got the SE handled pretty well, I've got the south central. Who's got SW?

EDIT:
EDIT3: Duuvian, you might wanna check if it's allowed to have both accounts in the same alliance. Deon planned to do it but stopped, probably because he read about it being forbidden.
I see nothing in the official rules thread on the forum about it. It only says you can't use one to send resources to the other. And what's the deal with Anduin?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 11:16:10 am by Akura »
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile

Good question. I haven't really about it. Maybe use dwarven nobility titles? And for that matter, who goes where in the hierarchy? Buri's got the SE handled pretty well, I've got the south central. Who's got SW?

Im in the southwest, but I dont think im the strongest one around. I think Deon's base is reletively large, if my memory serves me right.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

EDIT:
I see nothing in the official rules thread on the forum about it. It only says you can't use one to send resources to the other. And what's the deal with Anduin?
I'm terrorizing my local area in SW, but I'm far from best.
Nom nom nom

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes, dwarven nobility seems good. So you're proposing that I should be Uberkomando SE, lol?

I think we should determine what roles we need first. For instance, Foreign Affair (diplomacy, recruitment), Information (scouting, intel report). I don't know, I'm too influenced by real life. :/

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think we should determine what roles we need first.

There probably aren't any. I don't think titles will serve much purpose.

who goes where in the hierarchy?

What hierarchy? There isn't one.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think we should determine what roles we need first.

There probably aren't any. I don't think titles will serve much purpose.

who goes where in the hierarchy?

What hierarchy? There isn't one.

We're still brainstorming. I guess we don't have enough members to need a centralised power (a council), so we're better off operating as cells based on our location. Need moar members in SE!

EDIT: Dervin and anduin seem to be inactive? anduin hasn't replied.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2010, 05:21:38 pm by BuriBuriZaemon »

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

EDIT: Dervin and anduin seem to be inactive?

Dervin has been on in the past hour, Andruin hasn't logged on in 5 days.

I guess we don't have enough members to need a centralised power

It's not lack of memebers so much as lack of any specialized function that would justify having officers. We're bay12, and we're already the 13th largest guild in the game, so it's not like we need to have someone spam recruitment messages. The trade system in the game doesn't require having anyone designated to handle guild trades. There's no real time coordinated events in the game, so we don't need a "raid leader" and if we decide to do coordinated attacks it's easy enough to post here or PM people.

What purpose, what function, what "things to do" are there that would justify formally designating people to do them? Akura can handle diplomacy if it comes up. That's pretty much all there is to do.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I am currently working on getting all my magic spells I can. Going for Runic next. (Right now I have the Spirit of Earth and Spirit of Wood spells.)

Which spells are usable on other players?
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile

We could make people higher up boss people around, there for alienating the "peasonts".

But we dont want that.....right?
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 50