Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 50

Author Topic: Browser-based game: Illyriad // Bay12 Alliance Formed! Updates on first post!  (Read 57688 times)

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

god really huh, I mean 7 stone is nice and all.. but iron is used so much XD
Nom nom nom

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

All dwarves are short on iron. 3 iron mines is too few.
Hell, I'm human and I'm short on iron.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile

I started as an elf male. The town name is Magma Bait. 313 | -80

I'm guessing I could be an iron, books and wood supplier to the dwarves. I almost made an orc instead.

Also I have 5 iron mines. 5 stone mines, 5 fields, 5 lumberjacks, and 3 clay pits.

Also, what do the other races start with?

The last thing is I can't figure out how to send a caravan to collect resources. Is there a pre-req other than a marketplace?
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 03:18:12 am by Duuvian »
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I started as an elf male. The town name is Magma Bait. 313 | -80

I'm guessing I could be an iron, books and wood supplier to the dwarves. I almost made an orc instead.

Also I have 5 iron mines. 5 stone mines, 5 fields, 5 lumberjacks, and 3 clay pits.

Why do dwarves start with less iron mines than an elf?

Also, what do the other races start with?

Welcome, Duuvian!

Elves start with more lumberjacks (woods). Dwarves start with more quarries (stone), so that has to rebalanced by having only three iron mines.
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile

Oops, you're right, I meant to say 7 lumberjacks instead of 5.
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Personally I'm overloaded with iron at the moment. My iron production is basically four times as much as my other resources, so if anyone near -314, -37 needs iron pretty badly, just ask.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm always short on iron in the past three days. It's +193 now (upgrade in progress) and still not enough. Unfortunately we are too far away from each others.
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hah! Got two iron deposits near me and another not far off.

By the way, should I put up a forum on our Alliance page for trades? Or are we too scattered for that?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

For you SW people, should be alright.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Buri, we should focus our production and just trade - I can do Iron and Clay well, but my wood and stone is not so great. What is your focus?

Because if your short on iron, I could work pretty much exclusively on that...

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That's a good idea, but remember, at one point, you'll need a lot of iron too, to make chainmails and plate armours.

My current production rate:
Wood +124 (one level 7 lumberjack only)
Clay +77 (relying on caches on World Map)
Iron +219 (three level 7 mines)
Stone +145 (one level 7 quarry only)
Food -29 (easy to stockpile)

Iron production is the highest, but having only three mines means that rate will be dwarfed by stone and wood in the long run. I upgraded iron first because I'm always short of it. In the long run, stone is definitely my focus. Wood and iron are in the middle.

You have lotsa clay don't you?

If that's the case, I'll focus on wood and stone, while you focus on iron and clay. Deal?  ;)

I recommend that for each raw material production, you have at least one level 7 building since it's needed to research certain techs.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 08:18:36 am by BuriBuriZaemon »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't quite understand why they'd give dwarves a penalty to iron production. It'd make more sense to give them fewer lumberjacks, and give elves a hit to iron(they have less clay as it is).

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I don't quite understand why they'd give dwarves a penalty to iron production. It'd make more sense to give them fewer lumberjacks, and give elves a hit to iron(they have less clay as it is).

+1

I got this:
Your citizens have noticed some suspicious characters loitering around your city.

The town guard was dispatched to investigate, but by the time they got there, the suspects had disappeared.

I don't have counter-espionage measures in place, yet. And there are 2-3 larger players whose caravans I've pushed along the way (90% of them accidental), so I got worried.

Then I noticed this was sent before the above notification:
Sent by: duatoo
im getting angry!

It's one of my 'farms'. It must've been him, then.  With only 24 population even though he started at the same time as I did, I thought he was inactive. :D

So I asked him if he would like me to stop attacking him.

EDIT: Okay, he said yes. Now I am in dilemma: Should I be an ass or a nice guy?

If I keep on attacking him, he might join a big alliance and use my attack on his settlement as an excuse for the alliance to attack me. But if I don't attack him, he might grow stronger making it more difficult to conquer. Opinions, folks?
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 04:44:59 pm by BuriBuriZaemon »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Your citizens have noticed some suspicious characters loitering around your city.

The town guard was dispatched to investigate, but by the time they got there, the suspects had disappeared.

I don't have counter-espionage measures in place, yet. And there are 2-3 larger players whose caravans I've pushed along the way (90% of them accidental), so I got worried.
Your Vault probably stopped them. Odd how at 24 pop he has thieves.

Then I noticed this was sent before the above notification:
Sent by: duatoo
im getting angry!

It's one of my 'farms'. It must've been him, then.  With only 24 population even though he started at the same time as I did, I thought he was inactive. :D

So I asked him if he would like me to stop attacking him.

EDIT: Okay, he said yes. Now I am in dilemma: Should I be an ass or a nice guy?
Be nice when you inform him that inactives are just raider food. Then be an ass. :P

If I keep on attacking him, he might join a big alliance and use my attack on his settlement as an excuse for the alliance to attack me. But if I don't attack him, he might grow stronger making it more difficult to conquer. Opinions, folks?
I doubt that an alliance would take him in and use past attacks when he wasn't a member as an excuse for war. Unless he joins, asking for a war declaration promising something in return. But I doubt anyone would do that.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Good idea, Akura.

I suspect he sent scouts, not thieves. Even if he sent out thieves, I have ALL of my stockpile protected.

Bah, running out of wood today. :(

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 50