Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 50

Author Topic: Browser-based game: Illyriad // Bay12 Alliance Formed! Updates on first post!  (Read 57672 times)

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm aware of that. Don't worry, I'm not going to drag the rest of you into trouble. Besides, I'm too far away from you guys, so I have to be able to defend myself.

I'm still trying to 'read' how players perceive an attack against caravans. In the forum, a top player from The White Company stated that should be considered market competition, not an act of war. However, instead of having a discussion about it, it turned into a discussion between two top alliances pointing fingers at each others.  ???

Anyway, to all StA members, please check my thread in the in-game forum. Do not discuss anything about it here. :)
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

GODFUCKINGDAMNIT. Someone just sent a crapload of thieves to my city, stealing all my beer, food, and most of my clay and iron.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

GODFUCKINGDAMNIT. Someone just sent a crapload of thieves to my city, stealing all my beer, food, and most of my clay and iron.

Three words: Vault. Level. Three.

Any possible suspect? Any big alliance near you?
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just a quick check shows Dwarven Lords and NWO. The guy from the Dwarven Lords is closest, and he has a town of 262.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If he got through once, he would come back for more. Brace yourself for more attacks/thieves. Should we notify everyone in the forum?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I dunno. Dwarven Lords is one of the top 10 alliances, but their supposed doctrine is against raids and theivery. It also might have been someone else. There's a non-alliance guy a short while away with a similar size, whose caravans I've pushed off more than once.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Buri,
I don't really mind the resource pushing, BUT the resources immediately on either side of my town are the only ones I actively claim. There's a huge stretch of unclaimed wilderness to the east if you must have resources. Expect to get a nice letter from my guy in game about it.

I've got a bunch of caravans going around now and its really nice - takes a while to get the resources, but I never get pushed of my claims to the east and I play in spurts so its working out pretty nice.

Also, everyone around me has been ignoring my diplomatic messages. That makes me upset.

So, buri, Those elf cities around you... are either of those actually active, or what?

Also, quests are fun! Just a couple more gold, and I've got myself all the weapons I'll need for a while!
Hah, industry! Who needs it? :P
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 07:37:41 am by GlyphGryph »

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alright, I won't go for any resources within, say, 3 tiles off your settlement. Would that be good?

I've been farming the following players:
rida
Llanowarer
duatoo
Ares
Evil
Valhalla

So don't bother with them as they are inactive.

Expect those players to your SW to burst out of their bubble soon after you do. :)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, I'll be ready for them.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Does anyone know if scouts report the presence of diplomatic units like theives?

Evilgrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Quote from: Akura
Thieves and scouts. Yo'.

*Cough*

Quote from: Counter Espionage
Counter Intelligence   50 RP
A 'must have' skill, counter intelligence puts all your diplomatic units to work whilst they are at home, looking for their enemy counterparts and attempting to thwart their hostile missions.

So, I think you'll need Thieves yourself?

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well, took another quest I can't do. Wonderful.

BuriBuri, I don't suppose you'd be interested in some brick or wood in exchange for some stone?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 10:43:29 am by GlyphGryph »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Quote from: Akura
Thieves and scouts. Yo'.

*Cough*

Quote from: Counter Espionage
Counter Intelligence   50 RP
A 'must have' skill, counter intelligence puts all your diplomatic units to work whilst they are at home, looking for their enemy counterparts and attempting to thwart their hostile missions.

So, I think you'll need Thieves yourself?
I meant when I send them out to scout a city.

EDIT: Consulate is upgraded. Who did I miss so far with invites?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 04:31:42 pm by Akura »

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

BuriBuri, I don't suppose you'd be interested in some brick or wood in exchange for some stone?

I'm short on iron now. :(

@Akura
Glyph (Noryasha Grunk) and Lodbrok.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 05:13:32 pm by BuriBuriZaemon »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

All dwarves are short on iron. 3 iron mines is too few.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 50