Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 50

Author Topic: Browser-based game: Illyriad // Bay12 Alliance Formed! Updates on first post!  (Read 57673 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@Spartan: Why. Would. You. Do. That?! ???

Anyway, I don't know if any alliances would take him in. Even if they did, I doubt they would use him as an excuse to declare war. If they did, and there's a chance they might, we'd be in pretty deep shit.
I'll agree with Deon on this, and tell him that we're already full and have several people already in line to join. He is sufficiently disarmed for now, so stop attacking him. Hopefully he'll have learned his lesson. Perhaps we should introduce him to DF?

On a side note, we probably should come up with a better alliance description and "Alliance Description". I can't come up with anything for now, no inspiration.

@Glyph, who ninja'd my post: Why would you take a quest you knew you couldn't do? It says in the quest description exactly what you need. I don't take a quest unless I already have everything ready. Also, the current server time(which is used in all time messages) is at the top right of the screen.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Spartan 117

• Bay Watcher
  • Never think twice. Or at all.
    • View Profile

Why would I send him to you? You're our leader!
Well, you know how if you take your thumb and forefinger and hold them up to your eye, you can make it look like you're squishing someone's head? It's like that, only for real.
"Sometimes being a dwarf has it's advantages, KNEE-CAPPING TIME!"

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Akura,
Yes, both of those are things I realize NOW. I missed the part where I couldn't actually ship beer when I accepted the quest.
Whatever, doesn't seem like there is any penalty for failing anyways.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also, is it just me or is the time for building stuff weird? It's quicker, for example, to make 5 horses one at a time than it is to make 5 horses at once.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That may very well be a bug, if that's true. As far as I know, if something is queued up, then everything behind it doesn't produce until the first is done. That's why the time left shown is much longer, it's adding the time left for the first one to the second one. I'll have to check that out, because I've been ordering leather armor one or two at a time all day today and haven't noticed anything.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Some bastard kicked me off a stone cache and if he hadn't I'd have enough to upgrade my iron mine to level 6 right now. I'mma kick his elf arse once I get my axedwarves up.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 09:36:19 pm by Rakonas »

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile

Some bastard kicked me off a stone cache and if he hadn't I'd have enough to upgrade my iron mine to level 6 right now. I'mma kick his elf arse once I get my axedwarves up.

If you hadnt said elf I be afraid right now. ;)

Since im under protection, I just kick people off caches nilly willy. Its not like its their cache anyway. =/

"Edit" Then again, I confused your name with Rashilul....so the chances of me kicking you off are slim, I suppose.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 09:58:50 pm by Orb »
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If you hadnt said elf I be afraid right now. ;)

Since im under protection, I just kick people off caches nilly willy. Its not like its their cache anyway. =/

"Edit" Then again, I confused your name with Rashilul....so the chances of me kicking you off are slim, I suppose.
Nah, I tracked the treehugger down, he's some elf newbie a screen or two south of me.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Do not randomly attack people for silly stuff like resource piles. We don't want grudges that early, really. The whole alliance responds for you now, remember it. If you overzeal we may be targeted by the biggest "peacekeeping" alliances and then we're a dust. Those people actively seek out those who "touch weaker" to farm on them for a good excuse and everyone will tell them they do a good job. I know, I played a lot of MMOs and I was in such alliances :P.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@Glyph
We kept on pushing each other off resource caches. My apologies. I kept on thinking it was a non-Bay12er because it said "Neutral", but I forgot you had not joined StA yet! What if we get organised about this? What resources are you looking for now? I'm in desperate need of Wood and Stone.

And I agree that we should not fight over resource caches. There was someone on the forum stating it's market competition, not aggression. Save the war for later, we're not ready to face the big guys yet!

Anyway, get your Vault built ASAP. At level 2, it protects 1200 units of EACH raw material. At level 3, 2500 units.

EDIT: Does anyone know what will happen if a player sends out a caravan to a resource cache guarded by troops of another player within the same alliance?
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 03:48:15 am by BuriBuriZaemon »
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

DaveT

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

My feeling is that until there is way to turn a caravan around then getting cross about pushing people off a cache is just not worth it.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I got two one-man armies assembled to turn caravans away.  Diplomacy is being suspended because of recently found bugs, so they can't scout my troops. :)

EDIT: Damn, need a commander for each army! I can't recruit infantry units yet.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 05:18:45 am by BuriBuriZaemon »
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Do you know that you actually kill those caravans? Prepare to get attacked soon :).

EDIT: Damn, need a commander for each army! I can't recruit infantry units yet.
I would not advise doing it. You will only have a place for one commander, and second one is LONG ahead. It means that you won't win a lot but you will get TONS of enemies because killing caravans is considered griefing and they can easily call big guys with catapults to come and destroy your vaults and other buildings :).
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 05:43:13 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I know it will kill the caravans, but if I put my troops first and another player still decides to send out his caravan toward that spot...

Then again, I will do this very carefully, or not do it at all. There are only new unallianced players around me. That's why I feel safe doing it.

I can recruit a second commander, but he will be either another Yeoman or Slinger. I want an Axman!

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

I mean that you should be careful about it, when a stack of catapults arrives and destroys most of your top level buildings don't try to ask alliance to help, we are not that strong yet :).

There're many people looking for an excuse to attack weaker, and "helping others" is the most common excuse. I saw a man losing tons of his buildings to some alliance which "protected a noob".
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 50