Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 50

Author Topic: Browser-based game: Illyriad // Bay12 Alliance Formed! Updates on first post!  (Read 57644 times)

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile

Im still in protection, but I plan to start military tomorrow...well hopefully. I think I run out of protection tomorrow.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So I've decided to do everything I can to piss off my immediate neighbors.

BuriBuri, at some point when I end up getting far enough to slight you where you are, you should send some guys along to "rough me up" and remind me of who is the big dog in the region (and possible who sells me my weapons), while at the same time complementing my potential and allowing me to keep face, at which point I will meekly fall into place and offer to work for you instead, since while your numbers could surely crush us with time, it might be more valuable to both of us to work together to ransack the countryside of everyone who can't put up a real fight back against me.

Also, if you want to start selling me some weapons so I can start harrying neighbors caravans, that would be swell.

Though I can't offer much for them.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Im still in protection, but I plan to start military tomorrow...well hopefully. I think I run out of protection tomorrow.

You can check that on your Profile page.

BuriBuri... [a paragraph-long sentence, lol].

Sure. You see those settlements to your West (to my South). They are the targets. Concentrated assault is the best way to do it. We'll combine our forces and take turns taking over the settlements.

Also, I'm not sure if it will work in this game, but in Tribal Wars, I used fake attacks to confuse the enemy. Out of 10 or so notifications of 'Incoming attack!" received by the enemy, only one was real. Imagine Operation Fortitude (WW2) being applied on webgame.  :P
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Chutney

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

there's a "feint" strategy you can research. it sends a fake attack to your enemy :p

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmm, Feint can be combined with my spam fake attack tactic. Such feature was not available in Tribal Wars, so I sent one-spearman (dirt cheap unit) attack multiple times, lol. And my guildmates did the same, so the enemy would be overwhelmed by 30 Incoming Attack notifications.  :D

EDIT: Akura, any chance of activiating in-game forums? It will make communication and coordination easier.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 10:47:47 pm by BuriBuriZaemon »
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Halfman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In game forum would be good. It would also limit the number of people who can read alliance messages since Bay12 is an open forum, but we will have to post here once in a while to keep incoming players.

Has anyone else gone above their food storage maximum? I think you can have as much food as you want but don't quote me on that. I simply made an observation earlier but i might have been wrong.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yep, we'll keep this topic running to attract new players. It's just it'd be nice to have separate threads discussing about different aspects of the game in the in-game forum.

About food, I had the same question and Akura said it's limited by your storage capacity. Only mana, science, and gold have unlimited storage.

Anyway, just to be safe, I have Vault level 2 now. Hopefully I won't be a farming target of bigger players.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Activated everyone's ability to post in the alliance forum and to mail the alliance.

Also, I think I found a way for you to send me that 1000 gold. You can probably put it in the alliance fund, and I can withdraw it.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You mean alliance tax? There will be a tax collector from your capital visiting members' settlements, which means the tax collector operates like caravan, traveling over a distance. But give it a try, probably set it to 1% first and see how it works? How frequent can you change it?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

There should be a tab on your alliance page labeled Finaces. In case it's not there, I'll activate viewing alliance coffers. There should be an option to donate gold to the alliance funds.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay, it is there now.

Add or Withdraw Funds
You can only add funds directly from the alliance capital city. Alliance taxes will be collected from members on a weekly basis.

Your current role in the alliance does not permit you to withdraw funds.

I guess deposits can only go through you?

What if... you switch the alliance's capital to my settlement, I add the gold to alliance fund, and then reassign the capital back to you? Will that be possible?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well that makes no sense. I wonder why they don't let people donate to their own alliance.

I've set your status to the same as mine. Try it now.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Slight changes (last sentence):
Add or Withdraw Funds
You can only add funds directly from the alliance capital city. Alliance taxes will be collected from members on a weekly basis.

Currently the only player who may withdraw funds is the one who holds the Alliance Capital City.

It only talks about withdrawing, though. There is no way to move the alliance capital?

I guess this is to simulate how caravans work in real life. We didn't magically teleport stuff in medieval era.

EDIT: If you go to Alliance > Edit, there is a coordinate for alliance capital. Should I try changing that to my settlement?
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 08:08:37 am by BuriBuriZaemon »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I think I found the option for it. What's your city's location?

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

183|-253.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 50