Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 50

Author Topic: Browser-based game: Illyriad // Bay12 Alliance Formed! Updates on first post!  (Read 57595 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: Browser-based game: Illyriad - See first post for updates!
« Reply #165 on: June 07, 2010, 08:34:15 pm »

Yep, I am on a rocky outcrap too.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 07, 2010, 10:20:33 pm »

Anyone see a way to delete your account? I'd like to restart.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 07, 2010, 10:37:17 pm »

I'm back. Had to leave for a couple days :-P
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 08, 2010, 02:21:52 am »

I wish the resources for different tiles shifted in more sensible ways. You can build on a mountain and get 5 wood, but build on a fertile plain and get 3 wood. It really would have made sense if they made terrain affect more than 2 resources.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 08, 2010, 03:56:29 am »

Anyone see a way to delete your account? I'd like to restart.

No, but you can try asking the moderator in the forum to do it for you; GM Stormcrow is one of them. FYI, you can create TWO accounts, but do not use them to supply resources to one another. So, you can just abandon your current account and start with a new one (different username). Let me know your username once you're up and running.

EDIT: The storms are gathering in the land of Illyriad:
http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/treachery-by-h-forces-war-upon-illyriad_topic74.html

EDIT2: Nevermind, necroed 3 months post. Still funny to read, though.

EDIT3: Gee, you guys must have been sleeping when I got active, lol. Newbie protection out. Regin Stiffbeards and his speardwarves begins his march to attack next door settlement!  8)

EDIT4: May I claim the first victory of Bay12 Alliance?  :D

(Battle report edited as necesssary)

Attackers arrive, unopposed, at this location.

Bowmen hate it - and even cavalry units have difficulty moving purposefully to attack forested terrain. This is, however, the natural provenance of the footsoldier who excels.

Suffering the same problems as attackers, defending cavalry and ranged units intensely dislike fighting in forested lands. Like the attackers, however, the extra cover and confined spaces is favourite amongst defending swordsmen.

Commander: Regin Stiffbeards, Lv.1 Yeoman
Troops:   19 Yeomen

Defenders:   None

Resources Seized: 418 food bundles
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 06:11:26 am by BuriBuriZaemon »
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Halfman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Congrats on the first battle. I suspect the rest of us will be following the same route within a day or two.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I HAVE THE GOLD.

Are we agreed on the name Slaves to Armok? Just wanted to be sure.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Chutney

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm fine with the name

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alright, Slaves to Armok it is, going with the agreement of one single member :P.

Oh, and my first raid:
Attackers arrive, unopposed, at this location.
Attacking up a small hill offers little advantage, or penalty, to the attacking force.

Defences with a height advantage, however small, are better than nothing.

Attackers: Unit: Quantity: Casualties: Survivors:
Commander: Urist McMilitiaman Militiaman 1 Damaged for 4, 96 health remains.
Troops: Militiamen 2 0 2

How the hell did my commander get hurt? There wasn't anyone there. Did he stub his toe or something?

Although, knowing where this is coming from, do I really need to ask?

EDIT: Good news and slightly bad news. Good news, the alliance is created, and almost everyone on the first page list has been sent an invite their way. Bad news, almost everyone. Apparently need to upgrade my Consulate further, which I'll need a helluva lot more resources to do.

EDIT AGAIN: Oh yeah, I forgot to ask. Which of you is Urist McBadass? According to the list, SeaBee is just "Urist", right?
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 12:32:55 pm by Akura »
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I need negotiation :-P
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've been thinking about creating a nice orc kingdom to join the alliance, but I need a way to justify it storywise.

Also, I'll probably go SE to help out the lonely people over there.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thanks, Akura! I will send you 1,000 900 gold (in three installments for easier caravan management) once my caravan returns! Damn, the distance... take nearly two days for the caravans to go back and forth. I'll figure out another way to reimburse you.

I've been thinking about creating a nice orc kingdom to join the alliance, but I need a way to justify it storywise.

Also, I'll probably go SE to help out the lonely people over there.

And yes, please go Orc and pick SE. I am a bit lonely over there, lol. We need some more offensive power too. Orcs are good for swarming with spear units.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 06:40:23 pm by BuriBuriZaemon »
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Noryasha Grunk, 189, -258

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Damn, I wandered around a bit first - I don't think my registration counted via your link. Ah well, would have been a nice little boost to the alliance too..

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Noryasha Grunk, 189, -258

Welcome to the fun. We're neighbours. I'm at 183  -253.

Damn, I wandered around a bit first - I don't think my registration counted via your link. Ah well, would have been a nice little boost to the alliance too..

Don't worry about that.  :)

EDIT: There is another Orc player South to your settlement. His settlement makes a good second settlement because of the short distance between you and him. You should aim on taking him down when you've the chance.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 05:34:25 pm by BuriBuriZaemon »

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 50