Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 50

Author Topic: Browser-based game: Illyriad // Bay12 Alliance Formed! Updates on first post!  (Read 57560 times)

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Browser-based game: Illyriad - See first post for updates!
« Reply #120 on: June 06, 2010, 07:26:06 pm »

dunno I selected SW, but it put me near center with a ton of high rank people... also I thought you needed a military to complete quests, damn I shouldv'e done that first XD
Nom nom nom

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 06, 2010, 07:32:39 pm »

This seems interesting.

I'mma be a dwarf in SW.

Ok. I'm at -87 -304.  (I think)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 07:48:32 pm by Rashilul »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 06, 2010, 07:35:45 pm »

Ok, got myself an account. Go by Orb370.

At (-81|-305), the SW area.

Also, without actually sending a caravan there, how do you figure out how much resources a stash contains?
Can't. I think they start with somewhere around 1500-1600, though.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 06, 2010, 08:12:18 pm »

@Kilakan
You may need to go defensive if that's the case.

Your settlement is at the top of a hill. Spearmen and archers gain slight advantage there. How far away are you from being able to train speardwarves (Yeoman)? Also, you should upgrade your quarries, research Defensive Structure (under City tab), and start building wall.

I wish I could help you more, but I'm too far off in SE.  :'(

@Deon
Is it worth questing this early in the game? What resources do you need to produce a unit of beer?

@Akura
The resource caches appear with 1200-3600 units of resource, if I'm not wrong.
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: June 06, 2010, 08:18:48 pm »

@Deon
Is it worth questing this early in the game? What resources do you need to produce a unit of beer?

I dont know if its worth it, but I already have a brewery and have produced a unit of beer.

Cost:

Wood: 10
Clay: 5 (im not sure what clay would be used for.. ???)
Iron: 5
Food: 25
Gold: 1 (again, not sure where this comes in...maybe paying the brewer or something)
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: June 06, 2010, 08:22:26 pm »

I have 9 spears and armor so I can start training spearmen now. What do I wonder: can I intercept neutral caravans or should I somehow declare war first?

If intercept means force the caravan to give you the resources it carries, you can only do it by blockading enemy settlement. All caravans arriving at the settlement will be redirected to your settlement, sending the resources they carry to you and then perish.

Hmm, the cost of beer is reasonable. I would have given it a try if I was not in -14 food already, lol.
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Dervin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: June 06, 2010, 08:24:23 pm »

Questing is pretty awesome, for the 300 units of clay and stone I sent in for one of the quests I got 300 units of wood which I badly needed.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: June 06, 2010, 08:51:21 pm »

I have 9 spears and armor so I can start training spearmen now. What do I wonder: can I intercept neutral caravans or should I somehow declare war first?

If intercept means force the caravan to give you the resources it carries, you can only do it by blockading enemy settlement. All caravans arriving at the settlement will be redirected to your settlement, sending the resources they carry to you and then perish.

Hmm, the cost of beer is reasonable. I would have given it a try if I was not in -14 food already, lol.
You mean -14 per turn or -14 in storage? I am in constant -25 food/hour but I gather much more easily.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: June 06, 2010, 09:01:41 pm »

-14 per hour. I thought -10 to -15 is okay, but it was -24 at one point and I got too worried so I upgraded my farm. Seeing you've got away with -25, I'll worry not next time.

Anyway, I received invitation from The Crow. Will politely decline, but not until I'm about to go to bed. Lesson learned from Tribal Wars: Don't give away our 'active time'! Because I lived in GMT+7, I was active when many American/EU players were sleeping. And that's when I launched my attacks.  :P

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: June 06, 2010, 09:06:15 pm »

I've got a -32 food income, and still going strong :D. Of course, my next goal is to upgrade all my farms to at least level 4. Darn Consulate taking 16 food/hr...

Also note that Blockade research requires a level 15 Barracks, 2500 research, and over a day. The only kind of stopping caravans you can do now is sending troops to a resource pile*. Anyone else's caravans there or arriving there while your troops are there will be killed. You do NOT receive any resources from this. It probably will generally tick off anyone you do it to.

*Which probably requires Occupy Territory research, which is much more easily researched.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: June 06, 2010, 09:11:27 pm »

Alright, aiming toward even more food deficit! There is no limit on food storage, right? Probably I can send all of my caravans to gather food so I don't have to worry about it for a while.

Have you guys got a troop yet? Commander? Just wondering what's the caveat to these features. I only know they cost gold/hour.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: June 06, 2010, 09:21:25 pm »

There is no limit on food storage, right?
No, food needs Storehouse space. Only gold, mana, and research have unlimited storage capacity on their own.

I don't have military yet, but I'll be able research Tannery and Spearmen tomorrow. I'm pretty sure the number of commanders you can have is limited by your Military research, certain techs unlock another commander. I think that having extra cities with these techs is cumulative, allowing an even more armies.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: June 06, 2010, 09:31:53 pm »

Bummer. I'll maintain my food level at 800 then. That should be enough for 40 hours and provide buffer against attack/raid.

I'm close to the end of my protection period, so I'm going to train speardwarves and a commander soon. And yes, certain techs unlock commander (Commander being the first one). Max 5 per city.

Halfman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: June 06, 2010, 11:06:41 pm »

I just started military production. Spearmen... Here i come

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: June 06, 2010, 11:19:22 pm »

Regin Stiffbeard, a miner turned speardwarf, has been appointed as my first Yeoman commander, in charge of 1st Earthstrike Division (made of civilian dwarves trained into speardwarves). Currently he only has another speardwarf in his division, though.

I've made an Excel spreadsheet to determine unit costing. For a Yeoman, in total it costs (include weapon and armour):
Woods - 60
Clay - 10
Iron - 35
Food - 40
Gold - 10

(Remember there is an upkeep fee of 1 gold/hour.)

That's why I thought we all should focus on wood production, because early-stage buildings and military units require them.

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 50