Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 50

Author Topic: Browser-based game: Illyriad // Bay12 Alliance Formed! Updates on first post!  (Read 57527 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Browser-based game: Illyriad - See first post for updates!
« Reply #90 on: June 05, 2010, 08:25:59 pm »

I wouldn't worry about those buildings yet, Deon. Those are for when you're resource generators are alread highly upgraded.

I would also add to the starting tips to upgrade your resource buildings early on. This, along with what's harvested from the caravans, should give you a good boost to your early economy. Also that upgrading the Marketplace means you can build more caravans, which helps with collecting and trade.

For those planning on dabbling in magic, go with Runes first, and kill runes at that. Fear runes can be overwhelmed(making them entirely useless), but kill runes can reduce an attacking force. Not that you'd have to worry about that so soon.

I also would suppose that there's little need to upgrade your farms so early. Your initial food supplies should last even at a negative production. Extra can be gained, as always, from the map. Oddly, not many people actually send caravans to food piles.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: June 05, 2010, 08:30:42 pm »

Boatmurdered at 183 | -253 (SE). May be a long distance if you started in SW.

Would 200 woods for 200 iron be fair?

All of my caravans are out ATM, though.
Totally fair, I will send one caravan in 30 minutes.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: June 05, 2010, 08:32:13 pm »

@Akura

Great minds think alike! I am about to go the Runes route as well. But, alas, I haven't even built Mage Tower yet.

Added your tips into the list. The third one has already been mentioned, so I leave it out to avoid duplication.
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: June 05, 2010, 08:52:24 pm »

Awww... Just finished Finesse research. It says founding an allaince costs FIVE THOUSAND GOLD.
Well damn.

And you said gold was useless! :P

I'd have to upgrade the Storehouse(a lot) to just store that much gold.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: June 05, 2010, 09:01:35 pm »

Damn! Didn't know about this. I only got 150 gold coins in total, lol. What if we wait until we have at least 10 members have 500 gold each until we establish the alliance?
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Evilgrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: June 05, 2010, 09:06:10 pm »

Wow.. It crashed on me so I went to do other stuff.. And maybe sorta' forgot about it..
But wow.. Seven pages already?

Halfman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: June 05, 2010, 09:07:03 pm »

I've got 250 at +15 an hour.... so have to wait until at least tomorrow.  :-\ and i doubt everyone has even that much.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 05, 2010, 09:09:52 pm »

@ Evilgrim
You have some catching up to do!

@ Halfman
My revenue is only +1 gold/hour. And if everyone else followed the popular strategy of setting tax rate to low percentage, we wouldn't even have 500 gold each by the end of protection period.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 05, 2010, 09:13:54 pm »

Hmm... I've got +9 and hour at current tax settings. And if I research Bartering like everyone is telling me not to do, I'll be able grab some extra gold that way.

And I just found out that you don't need Storehouse capacity for gold. Only Vault capacity helps, and then only for stopping Advanced Thieves.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: June 05, 2010, 09:17:47 pm »

Lol, I guess we, the founding fathers, must work harder to get this fired up!

Chutney

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: June 05, 2010, 09:39:28 pm »

@ Evilgrim
You have some catching up to do!

@ Halfman
My revenue is only +1 gold/hour. And if everyone else followed the popular strategy of setting tax rate to low percentage, we wouldn't even have 500 gold each by the end of protection period.

My tax rate is like 10% and I'm producing 16 gold an hour :). I have ~350 atm
also ps I started playing this game (I'm chutpek, who deon has already encountered)

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: June 05, 2010, 09:45:38 pm »

The problem is I set my tax rate to 1%, lol. Actually, if alliance establishment fee is not an issue, lowering tax rate is the right thing to do this early in the game. 

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: June 05, 2010, 09:49:29 pm »

All my quests request wood, so yeah, it's important :P.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: June 05, 2010, 09:55:40 pm »

Told myself I shouldnt play anymore browser games, but with so many people playing it on this forum, it might be fun.

On another note, will be making an account in the SW in a bit.

Actually, its too late in the night for that. I will likely be on for several hours getting my base up, if this is like any other browser game.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 10:02:53 pm by Orb »
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: June 05, 2010, 10:08:50 pm »

Told myself I shouldnt play anymore browser games, but with so many people playing it on this forum, it might be fun.

On another note, will be making an account in the SW in a bit.

Actually, its too late in the night for that. I will likely be on for several hours getting my base up, if this is like any other browser game.

Heh, I said that to myself as well but having a lot of spare time on weekend does not help. Anyway, create that account when you have free time. You'll have to go through the tutorial to get your first caravan (used to gather resources on World Map) for free and that may take awhile. If memory served me right, took me 3 hours to get to that point.

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 50