Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 50

Author Topic: Browser-based game: Illyriad // Bay12 Alliance Formed! Updates on first post!  (Read 57529 times)

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile

Yeah, I understand. Hopefully the new UI will bring some people back around. I wish I could sit your accounts until that time but that would simply be too much for one man. You could ask Laendis or Akura to do it, I'm unsure as to whether they would be interested but it may be worth a message to them the next time you pop in.
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Browser-based game: Illyriad // Bay12 Alliance Formed! Updates on first post!
« Reply #631 on: February 07, 2011, 10:58:04 am »

New interface is available, though right now it's considered buggy and many of the functions are disabled for now.

So far it looks sweet, other than the bugs.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Thendash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Browser-based game: Illyriad // Bay12 Alliance Formed! Updates on first post!
« Reply #632 on: February 08, 2011, 08:57:47 pm »

I just made a city, I checked out the slaves to armok alliance on the world map and it appears I'm well north east of everyone. What's good to research off the bat? And is the active player list in the op accurate?
Thendash's Livestream

This game could honestly give out hand jobs for free and people would still bitch.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: February 08, 2011, 09:15:21 pm »

I just made a city, I checked out the slaves to armok alliance on the world map and it appears I'm well north east of everyone. What's good to research off the bat? And is the active player list in the op accurate?
There should be an option to teleport your city somewhere.
Early research, I guess going for trade techs early on would be good. You can always use more space on your caravans. Upgrading basic resources early on is important too.
The OP probably isn't accurate, since there's really only three or four of us who even log in anymore.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: February 08, 2011, 09:16:56 pm »

Hmm sorry bout that. If someone want to get my city's, all available.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile

Did you ever get relocated Thendash?

They added over 120 new creatures to spawn in biomes they logically would (of which only about 30 types of creature were revealed with hints that there are many rare spawns), and are being suitably dodgy about whether or not dragons appear as a rare spawn. (It's quite possible that Wooga spotted the first and second spawn of dragons to be remarked upon in the Illyriad forums, or he could have been joking?)

Also, if you want to help test the new UI and suggest features to add to it that you would have liked as a (former?) Illyriad player, now would be a good time.

EDIT: A rundown of the situation:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Speaking of donating gold and resources, if anyone needs anything to continue enjoying Illyriad I can seriously spare it. I've been making tons of cash in the market, and since the market is monetized and caravans can carry any amount of gold I can ship you a huge shipment of gold for what you would like to use and you can place orders for what your stockpile can hold. Even a tiny un-upgraded caravan can carry as much gold as required to buy stuff from other players, and it's a very easy to use trade interface.

EDIT: Oooh, one last thing, these changes are on the herald:

Construction Time Changes
    We've reduced the time it take to build lower level buildings (of all types). This change only affects the time taken, not the cost to build. More details here

EDIT2: As for political situation on the mainland,
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EDIT4: If you are a former Illyriad player and you read this far, thanks and good to talk to you again. If you don't mind your cities being captured by the new people once I help them get their barracks to 20 send me a message. I'll also ask around and see if anyone would like a second account that's already been started if that is a route you'd like to take. Feel free to change PW's first of course.

Also, MBP, would it be ok if Laendis or Folly took that route if you are sure you won't return?

One last reminder that the devs allow two accounts in this game. You might as well start them both at the same time if you sign up, if you enjoy the game it would be worth it, I promise. The rules are basically that you aren't supposed to trade between two accounts that you control, but this is very minor and is not really an issue if you follow it since there are a whole bunch of other people to trade with. Military support and being in the same alliance is fine.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2011, 05:35:50 am by Duuvian »
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Actually, i kinde got feelings back, and ill try to start up again. The greath animals war seems to be what it needs to bring my mind back into that game.

Julius Clonkus

• Bay Watcher
  • [NIGHTMARE_FETISHIST]
    • View Profile

I think I'm going to try this game.

But I somehow expect to die horribly ten minutes after I leave the newbie protection since I suck at these games, heh.
Holy schist, this thread is mica me sick.
DF Players never truly leave.  They just abandon the fortress for a few years and then reclaim.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

But I somehow expect to die horribly ten minutes after I leave the newbie protection since I suck at these games, heh.
You won't. People generally don't attack small cities.

Julius Clonkus

• Bay Watcher
  • [NIGHTMARE_FETISHIST]
    • View Profile

You won't. People generally don't attack small cities.

Awesome. Is there anything the alliance needs? Because if I'm not going to be insta-killed I'll propably keep on playing.
Holy schist, this thread is mica me sick.
DF Players never truly leave.  They just abandon the fortress for a few years and then reclaim.

Zecro_The_Scourge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey can you invite me to the alliance?? Ingame is Zecro_The_Hexer
"Also I always figured you were like Tesla, only requiring two hours of sleep before going onto whatever you do"

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile

dammit same "territory" as an human,elf and orc and lods of mountains.
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Noryasha vants to know, hyu guys like me back, hyes?

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I miss nory :P

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Haha, wow. With how long I'd been gone, I would have thought my stuff would have finished building. :P

Apparently the order I placed before leaving was quite large.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 50