Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 50

Author Topic: Browser-based game: Illyriad // Bay12 Alliance Formed! Updates on first post!  (Read 57534 times)

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
Re: Browser-based game: Illyriad // Bay12 Alliance Formed! Updates on first post!
« Reply #615 on: November 22, 2010, 11:32:15 pm »

I came in third place in the first ever official tournament in Illyriad, named 'Armok's Blood Bowl' as it was organized by a Bay12 forum goer. I managed to preserve my army with careful plotting, while killing off enough of my own army to be able to afford to pay the rest before the whole army deserted, and also gained a rather massive amount of the hardest to obtain resource, unit commander experience. I also received some small 3rd place winnings in the form of the majority of resources necessary to replace my losses.

From: http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/behold-a-tourney-has-completed_topic1230.html page 23

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EDIT: Also, Amorphias was quite a bit larger than all the rest of the contestants, so I'm very pleased with my performance, as I was tied for last place in the forum vote of who was most likely to win, most likely due to my relatively small size.

EDIT2: Also, as far as I know, I had the most kills also.

Basically, what happened was that a few players sent their armies at the start to occupy. Those ground each other down. Then someone launched an attack to occupy the square with their full force, and I timed my armies to arrive a few hours before they reached the 48 hour mark. They had been being whittled down by sporadic attacks in the intervening 40hrs or so. I broke that occupation in time, set my armies to occupy, then recalled them to my city once I realized I wouldn't have enough troops remaining to hold out as I expected at least one more strong player to try and break my now weakened army. It's a good thing I did recall as Amorphias sent a massive winning army that landed eight hours or so after mine abandoned the square. It was a very fun tournament, as it required trying to anticipate your competitor's move when they take two days to have an effect due to the travel time of the armies on their way to the square.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 11:50:01 pm by Duuvian »
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Browser-based game: Illyriad // Bay12 Alliance Formed! Updates on first post!
« Reply #616 on: December 01, 2010, 07:32:05 pm »

hey, could I maybe be reinvited to the alliance, I've started playing again.
Nom nom nom

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: December 01, 2010, 09:51:50 pm »

IGN still Kilakan?
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: December 03, 2010, 05:13:28 pm »

actually nvm, I don't really have the time.
Nom nom nom

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: December 05, 2010, 09:30:34 pm »

Oi, where the bloody hell is everyone? Alliance chat is almost empty most of the time, and many of our main people seem to have gone inactive or something.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: December 05, 2010, 09:42:50 pm »

die2nite, mostly. ;)

I'm actually really just waiting for the UI overhaul. Managing my cities has become too burdensome, and HM's script doesn't work for me.

I am still in the middle of a bloody siege, though.

Mysteriousbluepuppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: December 05, 2010, 10:33:09 pm »

Pretty much in the middle of exam period, ill try to get more active during the christmas period

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: December 15, 2010, 09:22:44 pm »

Raging because almost the entire alliance has mysteriously vanished. Despite a roster of 24 members, only 5 or 6 are even somewhat active.

There goes the dream of conquering the world :'(. Hell, we've got an entire island continent to ourselves.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: December 15, 2010, 09:45:18 pm »

bluh bluh

I'm waiting for UI overhaul.

HM's greasemonkey script doesn't work for me and a I don't have two hours a day to dedicate to queuing up production.

Also, we all went to play die2nite. :P

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: December 23, 2010, 09:54:28 am »

UI overhaul is coming very soon, according to the devs. The list of new features for it looks pretty sweet, too. Here's the forum post about it.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: December 31, 2010, 12:11:50 am »

There is a new alliance Tournament being sponsored by King Sigurd! Feel free to log in if you've gone inactive, we don't have enough to compete really unless people do.
http://forum.illyriad.co.uk/30dec10-the-kings-first-tournament_topic1402.html

Also, everyone received 50 prestige points for Christmas.

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile

Chat log of current Illyriad doings:
[07:27] <System>** This is Alliance Chat for Slaves to Armok [StA]**
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 02:53:09 am by Duuvian »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

It should be noted that some of those lines at the top are at least a week old.

And no, the new interface has not been released yet.

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile

Yeah. There is a new marketplace interface though. All transactions are for gold now. This seemed like a pain at first compared to the old system of trading one resource for another, but with the new marketplace it's much better in my opinion since it is very easy to see trends and how much gold one unit of a resource is and the best offers are ranked this way. For example, if someone is speculating a basic resource, wood, to be 2 gold for 1 wood, I can see that's the best offer and put up an offer of 100,000 wood for 150,000 gold very easily.

In addition, it makes giving people resources much, much easier, and the following ARR chat log hould explain why:

The reason my 2nd account is in ARR is as an Ambassador. (TRR [The Rough Riders] is the alliance who moved into territory the StA [Slaves to Armok; our] alliance claimed, and was asked to change to ARR (Armok's Rough Rider's) or face war. This was settled peaceably and everyone is benefiting, ARR gets our knowledge and support and StA gets a strong ally we are making even stronger.)

In summary though, Illyriad's trading aspect is an excellent one if you enjoy that type of game. It should be even more interesting once NPC factions are added and they start consuming resources and can be traded with to improve relations.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 07:45:44 pm by Duuvian »

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I still keep tags every now and then on Zangi.

Waiting for things to change some more so I could screw around some more.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 50