Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 50

Author Topic: Browser-based game: Illyriad // Bay12 Alliance Formed! Updates on first post!  (Read 57608 times)

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Where I live there are three volcanoes, three mineshafts, mountain ranges, clay, woods, plains, etc. Check out -314, -42

Thats pretty good - if those were fiery mountains I'd be sold, but... I only see one mountain shaft in that area. I think my proposal is a little better, but I'd be fine with that one as well.

To everybody else - save up those settlers till we decide on a location, maybe?
Zoomed out all the way you should be able to see all the features, though you still have 2 volcanoes and mineshaft with a lonely mountain in the center and every resource tile available at closest zoom. Only problem is that it's more west than south, unfortunately. I think that a pure south location would be ideal.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Welcome, ductape and Spectr!  :)

Noryasha, I originally plan to settle on Stonegirdle West and North West, but I don't mind you settling on Stonegirdle West. Just make sure you name your settlement Stonegirdle W, for roleplay purpose and.... to confuse potential attackers.  :P

About our alliance mega mega settlement, would it be good if we place it somewhere along the South half of the Y-axis, closer to the center (0, 0)? We can't put it too close to the center without pissing off older players, but this location will have equal distance to all quadrants we're spread out in (CW, SW, SE, CE).

« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 05:47:17 am by BuriBuriZaemon »
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Juraz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've started playing this, may I join the alliance?

Name:Remmer
Race:Orc
Town Name:Xilulix
Coordinates:(-327|-126)

Am I near any of you?

Heavenfall

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm at -335/-66 so you're quite close to me. duuvian is at something like -360/-70 so he's even closer.
Upon him I will visit famine and a fire, until all around him desolation rings
and all the demons in the outer dark look on amazed and recognize
that vengeance is the business of a dwarf

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm -314, -37 so we're also pretty close

Imofexios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I started just.. looks interesting.
Im at x92 y-338
Im dwarf and named Imofexios
Town name Misty Mountains
Can i join the alliance too?

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hi fresh meat! Our alliance leader, Akura has not logged in in the past 12 hours, but when he does, he should send an invite to you all.

Just make sure you have Negotiation tech researched and Consulate level 1 built. :)
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sorry about that, just dealing with some major shit in my life.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Something a bottle of cold beer couldn't fix?

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Something a bottle of cold beer couldn't fix?
I don't drink. And no amount of beer is going to fix what I'm going through.
(read what I just posted in the Life Advice board for reasons to both)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile

I was going to post something, but I decided not to.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile

This isn't the thing, by the way.
Okay. So yesterday, I was looking for some... clay, I think. I found a clay deposit near me and sent my caravans to gather it. They ended up displacing the guy who was there, Zork2010.
Minutes later, my caravans were totally destroyed. I was a bit upset, but I churned out some horses and went on with my life.
Today, I saw suspicious people walking around my village. I think this means he's scouted me. He's twice my size, and I think he could attack me... he's got 200 pop, me 100. I have 5 Yeomen and an untrained Yeoman commander. Could I get some help, or scouting?

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay. So yesterday, I was looking for some... clay, I think. I found a clay deposit near me and sent my caravans to gather it. They ended up displacing the guy who was there, Zork2010.
Minutes later, my caravans were totally destroyed. I was a bit upset, but I churned out some horses and went on with my life.
Today, I saw suspicious people walking around my village. I think this means he's scouted me. He's twice my size, and I think he could attack me... he's got 200 pop, me 100. I have 5 Yeomen and an untrained Yeoman commander. Could I get some help, or scouting?
What's your coordinates? and where's the guy? Decided to not be lazy and check myself, I personally can't help because you're 2 day away, though I'd be willing to send The Pilgrimage of Ale if you were closer.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 01:54:03 pm by Rakonas »

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile

How about an area that is on or next to the Prime Meridian, halfway from the Equator in the South? That way we keep the farther East or West players from being isolated if we were to choose the opposite side. Since everyone is in the South, that should be very close to the middle of the areas we've settled.
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile

Hmm, my army is a day out. I could send it to defend your city for a while, but that would leave me defenceless. I could probably split up my army, got 6 axeman, 25 yeoman, and 4 slingers, with 10 more on the way. However, my scouting power is pretty high, I have 15 sentries and 10 watchers, which can increase in a snap with all the horses I have laying around(currently 36 with 50 in queue to be produced). Want me to scout him?
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 50