Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 50

Author Topic: Browser-based game: Illyriad // Bay12 Alliance Formed! Updates on first post!  (Read 57679 times)

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Well I have just left protection, and am running really low on food. Though I have spotted a Gatherpoint 25mins away...

I have little in the way of goods, as I had to go to work too much to level constant. But I have 5 Spears waiting on my Livestock to be produced and the tannery to be built. All thats left is to keep up the gathering and building...

I have decided to use the prestige bonus like this...

Day 1 Spend 5 on +20% Research.
Day 7 Spend 5 on restarting press account.
Day 7 Spend 5 on +20% Research.
Day 14 Spend 5 on Restarting Pres account.
Day 14 Spend 5 on +20% Research.

The Research is all that I see would be worthwild getting...

Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've been in food deficit since I started (-40 now). Never have problem with harvesting it off the World Map. Just know when you're going to run out of food and stockpile before it happens. For instance, I need 400 food to last 10 hours and I know I'll be able to login before that 10 hours period lapses. When I log in, I send out two caravans to gather food from two different spots (to reduce the chance of them being interrupted). That's 2 x 200 or 2 x 300 or 2 x 600 bundles of food per cycle depending on whether you've researched loading capacity techs for your caravans or not.

Always have a buffer by stockpiling 10 hours worth of food, in case your Internet failed. And build Vault immediately, get it to level 2 or 3 to protect against attacks and thefts.

I haven't actually used any Prestige points. Waiting for the time of war.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 06:51:34 pm by BuriBuriZaemon »
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've gotten my food production higher than 0, with Milling being researched now. Extra food income helps with producing horses and livestock, and higher pop increases gold income.
Plus, I tend to get quite a bit from raiding.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

ya I mfind I use a ton of food for livestock, horses, and beer, and my neighbors always harvest the map, so I need atlest +15 for me.
Nom nom nom

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I do it differently. I ignore my farms and use the resources to upgrade raw materials production instead (so I'm still getting the tax income increase). Although I produce horses, weapons, and armours and have a deficit of 30 to 40 food per hour, the food stockpile never goes below 1500. In fact, it's been at at least 2700 in the past couple of days.

I guess this depends on whether you can find food cache or not. I at one point wanted to reduce the deficit, but I had problems finding raw material caches so I further increased the deficit by allocating all of my resources into raw materials production.

EDIT: That 24-population settlement dude that asked me to stop attacking him just sent this:

Sent By: duatoo
Received By: Aelfric
Sent:   12JUN10 01:41
Subject: Type Subject Here
I will protect you

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Is he an admin in disguise or what??
« Last Edit: June 11, 2010, 07:48:09 pm by BuriBuriZaemon »
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile

Caravans from Temple of Armok, belonging to Orb370 were gathering  at -97|-294 when caravans from Charon, sent by Erebus, arrived and sent them packing.

Orb370's caravans had managed to gather 13 resources from this location before being so rudely interrupted, and are now heading home.

This guy is starting to upset me. He knocks off about every caravan I got now. I wouldnt mind so much if I got, say, 200 wood out 600, but this is ridiculous.

Eh, im kind of being whiney, nevermind. Probably just coincidences....=/
« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 01:28:02 pm by Orb »
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have a similar guy, he just knocked me off another cache when I'd gathered 13 resources. I just send another.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

He can't tell whose caravans are gathering the resource, so it's not a targeted attack. Don't take it too personally. :)

However, that shouldn't stop you to unite against him when opportunity arises. It's a game of war, anyway.

mattyb3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay just started up!

Magamaville (-51|-322)

please do add me to the list of people to send an invite to  ;D
I supose if a dwarf is unhappy or hurt they might have a miscarriage. Perhaps we could experiment a bit.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay just started up!

Magamaville (-51|-322)

Sure, just research Negotiation to be able to accept.

Also, it seems that Bluerobin and Apple Master have gone inactive. Should I strike them from the list? And Buri, I think you should update the first post, SeaBee is not Urist McBadass, just Urist, unless he's gone inactive too.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

Rhodan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I've been playing for a bit as Rhodan, Elderbeetle (-284|-129)
I'd love an invite to the Alliance. :)

SeaBee

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolves are atheists
    • View Profile

Okay just started up!

Magamaville (-51|-322)

Also, it seems that Bluerobin and Apple Master have gone inactive. Should I strike them from the list? And Buri, I think you should update the first post, SeaBee is not Urist McBadass, just Urist, unless he's gone inactive too.
Oh no, I'm still around! And yeah, I'm just plain old Urist. I've got negotiation researched, just need an invite. I'm at -79|-45

Still no idea what to really be doing, but I have fun just logging in each day and queuing up some research / building / production. The quest system is kind of cool.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Okay just started up!

Magamaville (-51|-322)

Oh no, I'm still around! And yeah, I'm just plain old Urist. I've got negotiation researched, just need an invite. I'm at -79|-45

Still no idea what to really be doing, but I have fun just logging in each day and queuing up some research / building / production. The quest system is kind of cool.
Sorry about that, I was going to send you one, but I ran out of slots and got confused when the search thing came up with Urist and Urist McBadass(the first page said McBadass).

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes, please cancel invitations sent to inactive members. And I've updated the list on first post.

Welcome to mattyb3 and Rhodan!  :)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Anyone know about Trappin(Tonopah)? Been on the list since the start, but also has an 81-pop town.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 50