Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 50

Author Topic: Browser-based game: Illyriad // Bay12 Alliance Formed! Updates on first post!  (Read 57633 times)

Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • The Light shall take us
    • View Profile

It's not like I had one :D!
Quote from: Akura
Now, if we could only mod Giant War Eagles to carry crossbows, we could do strafing runs on the elves who sold the eagles to us in the first place.

Evilgrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Great Scott!
I was trying to just sneak away from this.
But you've put my name #2 on the list!

Very well! From this day Forwards.. Evilgrim shall be more active!

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Dwarf, the biggest problem is that your not even that close to us in SE quadrant! We're going to have trouble helping you out as well.

Akura:
Not everyone, just two of them. I actually need to start messaging them and seeing if either of them are up for a "friendly" war - there are three orc tribes nearby, and if I know anything about Orc players I may be able to work something out with them to beat up on the nearby elves and humies and only fight each other when bored.

And I've already started diplomacy with Aelfric. ^_^

Anyways, I've got to be who I am! And who I am is someone who beats up on weaker people while seeking to ally myself with the strongest person around, who is conveniently Aelfric.

So whats the benefit of raiding over a full out attack anyways?

Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'll only call for help when it's really needed. Besides, more may still come.
Now, if we could only mod Giant War Eagles to carry crossbows, we could do strafing runs on the elves who sold the eagles to us in the first place.

Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Can you guys invite me? I'm Lodbrok.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Can you guys invite me? I'm Lodbrok.
I said already that I can't until I upgrade my Consulate, but that's going to take a large amount of resources that I don't have at the moment. Unless Trappin(Tonopah ingame), Bluerobin, quinnr, or Eek-A-Mouse(Periphial) are inactive and/or want to give up their invite.

@Glyph: Raids steal resources.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, sorry. Just keep me on your to-invite list, please.

I'd like to send you some resources but well, I've just started.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Don't regular attacks steal resources as well? And MORE resources than raids?

Chutney

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

yeppery do. except raids give you some protection against retaliation. when you're not fighting any soldiers it doesn't matter though.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

My bad it's not -246|-19. it's -246|-190! We are attacking now btw.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Is at -157|-271
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

started 5 yeoman training, have tannery and spearmakers, and have swords and chainmail from quest, so soon I may have some infantry :D
Nom nom nom

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, I'm at (-314),(-37)
And, if it matters.
Wood 19
Clay 24
Iron 25-should be ~36 soon
Stone 19

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So is it just me is town generation just not anywhere near high enough to compete with caravan retrieval, especially since caravans are much cheaper and faster to upgrade? I mean, obviously there's the potential for conflict this way, but it seems to be a whole lot faster.

Its a 3 hour trip for me to get wood, sure, BUT I get 400 wood for it! (two caravans). In that same time, my wood industry I've spent quite a bit upgrading can only get 80 wood...

So screw upgrading that crap anymore - all it does is take up the food I could be spending on beer. 50% tax rate, here I come!

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just upgrade a single plot for each resource to 7 for the tech advantage.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 50