Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 50

Author Topic: Browser-based game: Illyriad // Bay12 Alliance Formed! Updates on first post!  (Read 57599 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Has to be 2 weeks to do it. I guess to prevent something like this. ::)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Meh. So we gotta wait until StA is two weeks old? Does it say how frequent it can be changed?
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

2 weeks per change.

I figure it probably is an exploit to do it like this anyway.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, good that they put constraint in place. Should we wait for two weeks to use this exploit so I can transfer the gold?

After exploring alliance functions during my short time as tier 1 member, they have neat features I could only dream of in Tribal Wars. Editing and creating new tiers of membership with so many options? Wow!

Anyway, just checked your area. It's pretty quite, still, isn't it? I got a lot of new settlements suddenly got created last night. I think the reason why it takes 30 minutes to get to that settlement to your East is because of the mountain tile.
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So, with the bubble of safety, can you still use troops to chase people off of materials claims? People keep eating my stuff.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Yeah, BBZ, every terrain has its own movement costs as well as boni and mali to specific unit combat.

GlyphGlyph: you cannot take any aggressive actions while you are protected. Also you have to research occupation first, and it's not a top-priority tech. Also you will get a lot of enemies this way. Noone likes to lose caravans :P. You don't chase them off, you kill them.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Send your own caravan. That chases them off. Of course, it does nothing to stop them from doing it again.

And for it taking so long to move three tiles, I could have sworn I've seen my troops circle around the inactive village to get to it.

Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • The Light shall take us
    • View Profile

Dwarf's character Lodbrok has been created. I'm in the SE.

142 | -288
Quote from: Akura
Now, if we could only mod Giant War Eagles to carry crossbows, we could do strafing runs on the elves who sold the eagles to us in the first place.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Ugh, why did you pick such a far location? It will take a day to reach you with caravans and a few days to reach you with armies.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The OP simply said SE players would be appreciated.
Thus, I took the SE.
Now, if we could only mod Giant War Eagles to carry crossbows, we could do strafing runs on the elves who sold the eagles to us in the first place.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

GlyphGlyph: you cannot take any aggressive actions while you are protected. Also you have to research occupation first, and it's not a top-priority tech. Also you will get a lot of enemies this way. Noone likes to lose caravans :P. You don't chase them off, you kill them.

So what are the drawbacks? Once my shield goes down, I can start killing caravans? Or does their safety shield protect those caravans as well? Because if I can start crippling my neighbors while they are still weak, it would be much preferred to fighting them on equal terms.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

The OP simply said SE players would be appreciated.
Thus, I took the SE.
Ah, so you wanted to support the minority. That's nice :). But you should know that people from the capital region will be unable to help you with resources or armies for some time because it's a really big world.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

No worries there. As long as some moderately developed allies are near, I'll probably be fine.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Okay, our alliance member (Morul Cattenmat) has been attacked by Barid bel Medar from -246|-190. We cannot allow this to go unscathed, prepare your armies, we will punish him!
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 02:31:53 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Too far from me, that's basically the opposite end of the quadrant from me.

@Glyph: I'm not sure is protection also protects caravans, but I think it doesn't. I've been wrong before, however. Still, it would require researching Occupy Territory, which takes far more resources(two Barracks upgrades' worth, more time though less research points) than Raid. You're better off getting Raid and raiding inactives w/o protection. Plus, why are trying to bring everyone down? Strategies like that cause people to band together against you, and what happens if you attack a big alliance or a person friendly to one? We are far too weak and scattered to fight a full-scale war Actually, you're not really in StA yet.
It'll be awhile before I can upgrade my Consulate to allow more people. I assume it's 5 people per level, including leader. We've already got 25 including me.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 50