Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 50

Author Topic: Browser-based game: Illyriad // Bay12 Alliance Formed! Updates on first post!  (Read 57578 times)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hah, was just about to edit my post to add that I started right next to you, but you beat me to it :P

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

EDIT: There is another Orc player South to your settlement. His settlement makes a good second settlement because of the short distance between you and him. You should aim on taking him down when you've the chance.

Uhh, can't take a capital. Even if you could, I think it requires siege stuff.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

EDIT: There is another Orc player South to your settlement. His settlement makes a good second settlement because of the short distance between you and him. You should aim on taking him down when you've the chance.

Hmm, I remember reading somewhere that if your capital got captured, you would start at a new spot with all of your techs intact to help soften the blow. Probably I got it mixed up with another game.
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Steam profile: Elsior
Friend Code: 2938 - 7181 - 3815 (Elsior/Elle Ciel)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

At the very least we can engage in constant glorious warfare, me and him. ^_^

Unless he's inactive, in which case we can engage in constant unopposed pillaging, and by we I mean me.

alexwazer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmm, I remember reading somewhere that if your capital got captured, you would start at a new spot with all of your techs intact to help soften the blow. Probably I got it mixed up with another game.

You didn't:

Quote from: GM Stormcrow
If the player who has just lost his or her city has more than one city, then it is simply lost and the game continues as usual.  If the city was the Capital City, then the Capital City flag shifts to the next largest (population) city that the player owns.

If, however, this is the player's only remaining city in the game then the player will be restarted with a new city (with some starting resources) in a random spot on a different quadrant on the map.  The losing player also starts this new city with all the research technologies that his lost city had accumulated to this point; which softens the blow somewhat.

Found on the on the official forum.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2010, 07:42:21 pm by alexwazer »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh. I thought someone said you can't lose your capital.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh. I thought someone said you can't lose your capital.

Probably in the sense that you will always have a capital. But it's more of a 'status' rather than the physical settlement itself.

For comparison purpose, how many troops do you guys have?

I only have 22 or 23 Yeomen and I feel so... undefended.  :(
Napalm is great if you enjoy hot and spicy foods. I personally enjoy some liquid nitrogen.

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile

I have no troops.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have no troops.

I suggest you start building some and aim to have 20-30 spearmen. There are a lot of newbie settlements near yours and they make good sources of resources from attacking.

Diablous

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:avatar's cuteness]
    • View Profile

I have no troops.

I suggest you start building some and aim to have 20-30 spearmen. There are a lot of newbie settlements near yours and they make good sources of resources from attacking.

I'm getting around to it.
Quote from: Solifuge
A catgirl, whom oft it would please
To dine on a pizza, with cheese,
Thought it was quite fine
To be partly feline,
Excepting the hairballs and fleas.

Spartan 117

• Bay Watcher
  • Never think twice. Or at all.
    • View Profile

It's nice having a ton of resource caches to yourself.
Well, you know how if you take your thumb and forefinger and hold them up to your eye, you can make it look like you're squishing someone's head? It's like that, only for real.
"Sometimes being a dwarf has it's advantages, KNEE-CAPPING TIME!"

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I got one inactive settlement 8 minutes away (using Yeomen), lol. There are two more 30 minutes away. There are a few newbie settlements still under protective bubble. Hopefully, they'll get inactive as time progresses.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Seven. :-\

Working on trying to get more, but my Common Ground doesn't produce cows quickly enough. A bit short on wood right now, too...

And eight minutes? I've got one 3 tiles away and takes nearly a half-hour to get there.

alexwazer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I got at less than 30 minutes  >:(

So far, I have 19 Protectors (spearelves  ::) ) and enough weapons/armors in production to increase that to 40. I tried attacking some snakes and, as you would expect from elves, my troops did poorly: 20 spearelves + their commander against 2 snakes and they managed to get 2 fighters killed  :-\

In other news, I am trying to get access to archers soon. Although it probably won't happen before I go to bed tonight.

BuriBuriZaemon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

And eight minutes? I've got one 3 tiles away and takes nearly a half-hour to get there.

This one is a tile away.  :P

So far, I have 19 Protectors (spearelves  ::) ) and enough weapons/armors in production to increase that to 40. I tried attacking some snakes and, as you would expect from elves, my troops did poorly: 20 spearelves + their commander against 2 snakes and they managed to get 2 fighters killed  :-\

You must be the most military advanced among the Alliance. Well done!

I am having a shortage of woods (it was clay yesterday, sigh) so I have problems producing war equipments.

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 50