Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: The B12 World Cup thread  (Read 2643 times)

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The B12 World Cup thread
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2010, 06:04:00 am »

So are we 'Mericans doing well? I don't care enough to actually watch the games, but I care enough to not want to lose.

I've got a few American friends thinking they can get a win over rivals England. Go and watch their first game, the fun part isn't so much winning, but not losing when you expect to lose. Though some people would argue otherwise :P

They didn't do bad at all in the last World Cup, being the only ones other than France who managed to tie down champions Italy. They hit Italy hard enough that the bookies actually lowered the odds on Italy winning the cup, making whoever betting on Italy after the match rather rich.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

ILikePie

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me Ron
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2010, 06:11:13 am »

Lol guys whats SOCCER.
That's football for you British gentlemen.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2010, 06:14:14 am »

The term soccer originated in England, first appearing in the 1880s as an Oxford "-er" abbreviation of the word "association"

It's a word the English invented but decided not to use :P
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2010, 01:13:11 am »

So are we 'Mericans doing well? I don't care enough to actually watch the games, but I care enough to not want to lose.
, the fun part isn't so much winning, but not losing

what
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2010, 01:32:45 pm »

It's fun to support an underdog team, rather than hope for one big team to keep on winning. Actually, many of the teams are underdogs. Spain and Portugal were underdogs last year, and the bookies didn't expect Italy to win. The penalty wins and late game goals keep you on the edge of your seat more than comfortable 2-0 wins.

I think a way someone put it.. basketball, rugby are all good games if you want to see teams keep scoring. They're stable in that there's always some constant action and the best team always wins. Football is something where you sit there watching nothing happen, hoping for something to happen, and when it does, you get really ecstatic or disappointed. Everyone has a chance at winning the cup, some more than others, but you see an unexpected team in the semi-finals quite often.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2010, 02:39:00 pm »

Did anybody see that chick from Italy win the Tennis championship the other day?

Shit was crazy.

Tennis is a great sport to watch because it never actually slows down, and underdogs always have a shot of climbing the ranks. Also, spending your whole life playing tennis apparently builds you up into having the perfect body. So I guess if you're into that, it's good.
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2010, 02:53:17 pm »

Sport does not agree with me.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2010, 04:49:57 pm »

Anyone but Brazil for the Cup, in my opinion ;)

Even those English hooligans.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2010, 05:08:19 pm »

Did anybody see that chick from Italy win the Tennis championship the other day?

Shit was crazy.

Tennis is a great sport to watch because it never actually slows down, and underdogs always have a shot of climbing the ranks. Also, spending your whole life playing tennis apparently builds you up into having the perfect body. So I guess if you're into that, it's good.

I know, that was ridiculous. Whoever was going for the underdog in that must still be grinning.

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2010, 04:24:34 pm »

I don't feel bay12 is very knowledgeable but... here I am... posting to keep track of the nonsense... :P

I think I was lonely discussing there, so...

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=45933.msg1321043#msg1321043
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2010, 06:47:15 pm »

Uruguay vs France was so exciting.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2010, 02:06:21 am »

Wait wait wait. Apparently the All Whites are now officially the best team in Oceania?

What?

What?

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2010, 02:09:21 am »

Apparently, tying a game is so fucking awesome for New Zealand, that they immediately strip off their clothing and proclaim victory by piledriving into some cement.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2010, 02:11:04 am »

Or everyone else sucks. Seriously, soccer is not our thing, we are not all that great at it.

When did this happen? Was I not looking? I can't have been looking.

Oh, right. I haven't been following the soccer recently. It's not because we tied that we're the best team in Oceania, it's because we didn't lose, like we always do.

That about fits in with my perception of us.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2010, 02:26:25 am by Jackrabbit »

Nikov

• Bay Watcher
  • Riverend's Flame-beater of Earth-Wounders
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2010, 03:35:56 am »

I tried watching some of this "football". Pass pass pass pass bad kick out of bounds. Pass pass pass pass pass pass bad kick, out of bounds. Pass pass pass...

No thanks.
I should probably have my head checked, because I find myself in complete agreement with Nikov.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4