Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 66

Author Topic: Rogue survivor: Roguelike Sandbox Zombie Game!  (Read 128184 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rogue survivor: Roguelike Sandbox Zombie Game!
« Reply #915 on: July 25, 2010, 01:56:34 pm »

Same deal for the police station,
Except that at a police station, you'll have a decent chance of finding weapons and ammo, and a creepy police chief/amateur taxidermist who kills the mayor's daughter so can stuff her corpse and have sex with it.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: July 25, 2010, 03:07:24 pm »

Except that at a police station, you'll have a decent chance of finding weapons and ammo, and a creepy police chief/amateur taxidermist who kills the mayor's daughter so can stuff her corpse and have sex with it.

Not. Going. To. Ask.

Libelnon

• Bay Watcher
  • iz happeh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: July 25, 2010, 03:19:43 pm »

Not. Going. To. Ask.

I am.
WHUT THE FLYING FUxK?
I bet manly tea tastes like crushed nerd dreams.

Mechanoid

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTELLIGENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: July 25, 2010, 03:21:29 pm »

Being a nanny, but how is 10 max undead and no zombie evolution awesome, even for 50 days?
Starvation was turned on, making every survivor that spawns a potential zombie for a total of 25% zombies. Now that i look at the character dump again, it doesn't say that survivor starvation was turned on, or at 100% starvation zombies. Also, the map size is just a little larger then the smallest.

Besides, blackops automatically make the game 300% difficult anyways, because 2-hit kills. :-\

For RJ if he sees this post:
BUG:
Some option settings like survivor starvation and starvation zombies do not appear in the character dump file.
Quote from: Max White
"Have all the steel you want!", says Toady, "It won't save your ass this time!"

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #919 on: July 25, 2010, 03:42:04 pm »

That might be fun... maybe set it to 100% starvation zombification chance...
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Libelnon

• Bay Watcher
  • iz happeh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: July 25, 2010, 03:51:43 pm »

I tend to have mine on 60%. And normal zombification on 80%. That makes sure that some of the 30% of survivors don't end up battering down my doorways as well.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: July 25, 2010, 03:56:15 pm »

Say...  Is it possible to set zombie population to 0%?  Turn survivor pop way high up, and try to survive in a city gone mad.  Screw zombies, now you have to deal with people.

Libelnon

• Bay Watcher
  • iz happeh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: July 25, 2010, 04:02:28 pm »

Say...  Is it possible to set zombie population to 0%?  Turn survivor pop way high up, and try to survive in a city gone mad.  Screw zombies, now you have to deal with people.

I'd never live longer than day one.

Libelnon cancels survive - too insane.

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: July 25, 2010, 04:28:59 pm »

You'd die first day because they would eat all the food.
Hazordhu 2: Dwarven recruits wanted!
You should all be ashamed of yourselves.  The obvious solution is to chain the baby up at the entrance as a kobold detector.

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: July 25, 2010, 04:39:23 pm »

Don't forget the jibble sandwich.

Also, I've developed quite the irk with the whole starving zombification. Course, I guess it is explainable through the whole, bite and is now circulating in the body virus thing. Though, I'm not too sure on what the whole author's explanation is.

The other axe to grind about is the whole instant zombification on the living NPCS. I've yet to see any decent zombie medium where the zombie virus is instant. Unless RS wants to be a rebel in that department, then at least make it editable! Or varying, I'd prefer if zombification of corpse took anywhere from an hour to twelve hours. Course, in terms of coding... I really don't what that translate to in coding; but it'd be nice to be considered.

What about black OPS?
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #925 on: July 25, 2010, 08:11:11 pm »

I think east and west might be backwards.
I think.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #926 on: July 25, 2010, 08:19:40 pm »

I agree about the whole insta-zombie problem.

Even with the fastest kind of zombies- the supernatural kind, not the virus kind- there needs to be at least a few seconds where the recently dead fully "die" and become empty corpses for the souls of demons to animate.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: July 25, 2010, 08:50:35 pm »

I agree about the whole insta-zombie problem.

Even with the fastest kind of zombies- the supernatural kind, not the virus kind- there needs to be at least a few seconds where the recently dead fully "die" and become empty corpses for the souls of demons to animate.

Also, I'm at 4-0 right now and I've yet to see a police station. Seriously, where the hell is it!? This is clearly a bug!
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: July 25, 2010, 08:51:48 pm »

Just check your {i}nventory map and see what district it is in.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: July 25, 2010, 08:52:06 pm »

Did you hit 'I' to check where it is?

EDIT: Ninja'd
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 66