Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 66

Author Topic: Rogue survivor: Roguelike Sandbox Zombie Game!  (Read 128204 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Rogue survivor: Roguelike Sandbox Zombie Game!
« Reply #900 on: July 22, 2010, 09:46:33 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: July 22, 2010, 10:20:03 pm »

Probably, but im not sure lords control masters. Oh well.

Also, I got all 8 achievements, woot! There is a 28 day achievement, but it says you survived 7 days.

If anyone wants some help/advice, I can spoily it. I can also do pictures, atleast till I get myself killed.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: July 23, 2010, 04:38:41 am »

Working on the Rouge Survivor wikia a bit, but a more experianced wiki writer would be helpful.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: July 23, 2010, 09:12:05 am »

I am helping on the wiki.

Stop making each sentence into a new line.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: July 23, 2010, 03:06:11 pm »

So, ran into a CHAR office at midnight. Not my best idea. It wasnt even the one with the "spoiler". I've actually forgotten multible times, but barely made it out. This time, I had 2 3rd tier zombies.

Anyway, mortom. Has the achievements and everything in it, so you may not want to look at it.

[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: July 23, 2010, 06:26:12 pm »

Well, that was certainly a glitch. I changed my computer's clock with Rouge Survivor open, and it gave me an application error saying that the value cannot be null. No idea what it ment. The screen changed to a white background with a red X across it, and I had to end Rouge Survivor with the Task Manager.
No Gods, No Masters.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: July 24, 2010, 05:43:08 pm »

I figured out something about the not quit game bug. It quits after you hit the wait button. Odd, huh?

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: July 24, 2010, 06:28:51 pm »

I figured out something about the not quit game bug. It quits after you hit the wait button. Odd, huh?

I believe it also quits when you hit a move key.

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: July 24, 2010, 07:38:17 pm »

AH! I've been playing for a while now and by that I mean dying. This newer version took a lot more time to adjust to! Some of these new spoily features have actually got me playing for a purpose! Instead of, you know, death by boredom!

I won't delve much into what's happened in my game but for the record; companions are still useless! Seriously, I haven't managed to keep a single one alive for more than two days! The picking their skills is definitely useful. But they are completely useless for when I want to actually accomplish anything other then having them guard an area. That's really all companions are good for, guards. I've managed to accomplish everything except that one thing that involves killing that "bunny" thing. Those sewers are just incredibly nasty! Also, noticeable wear on melee weapons would be a nice new feature; dem shovels just seem to break at the worst time!

Other then the companion issue (it's very hard to program AI) everything seems to be working quite fine for me!
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

Mechanoid

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTELLIGENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: July 24, 2010, 09:50:08 pm »

Suggestion:
Presumably the player is wearing a watch, because he always knows the time. What if that watch had an integrated alarm that he could set to do stuff like:
Alarm duration - buzz the alarm for 1 turn, or 10 turns, or an entire 30 turns
Alarm count-down - if set to 60, and it's at turn 720, the alarm goes off at turn 780; and then for however many turns as set above
Specific time setting - 2400 hours, midnight; or 0710 hours, slightly after sunrise.

Leaders could also set their followers' watches. This way you could actually have the gaurds on a proper and well-timed rotation.

[Edit - also, fun leadership fact: Don't forget about the "Drop all" command. You can scam alot of food and ammo by doing this, and you don't even need to trade them for it!]
[Edit 2 - Hell, one more edit, just because it's so awsome]
« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 09:53:48 pm by Mechanoid »
Quote from: Max White
"Have all the steel you want!", says Toady, "It won't save your ass this time!"

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: July 25, 2010, 06:12:00 am »

New blog update. Looks like RS 4.1 will be getting a hospital.
No Gods, No Masters.

Africa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: July 25, 2010, 07:05:27 am »

Can't get it to run on my netbook :( :( :(
Quote from: Cthulhu
It's like using hobos to fight an eating-resistant baloney epidemic.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: July 25, 2010, 11:24:59 am »

Suggestion:
Presumably the player is wearing a watch, because he always knows the time. What if that watch had an integrated alarm that he could set to do stuff like:
Alarm duration - buzz the alarm for 1 turn, or 10 turns, or an entire 30 turns
Alarm count-down - if set to 60, and it's at turn 720, the alarm goes off at turn 780; and then for however many turns as set above
Specific time setting - 2400 hours, midnight; or 0710 hours, slightly after sunrise.

Leaders could also set their followers' watches. This way you could actually have the gaurds on a proper and well-timed rotation.

[Edit - also, fun leadership fact: Don't forget about the "Drop all" command. You can scam alot of food and ammo by doing this, and you don't even need to trade them for it!]
[Edit 2 - Hell, one more edit, just because it's so awsome]
Being a nanny, but how is 10 max undead and no zombie evolution awesome, even for 50 days?

On that note, I still think the difficulty ratings need to be balanced. Anything that makes it easier should drop the score percent majorly. I simple play it at 100% because thats what it was designed to play at.

/being a nanny

"Edit" Hmm, hospital sounds interesting. Lots of medicine.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 11:30:31 am by Orb »

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: July 25, 2010, 01:39:49 pm »

And a lot of misdiagnosed zombie bites.
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: July 25, 2010, 01:48:59 pm »

And a lot of misdiagnosed zombie bites.

Zombie Outbreak Rule: Never go to the hospital, because every dumbass who gets bitten by "some crazy homeless guy" is going to go there. Same deal for the police station, although in RS this is for somewhat differant reasons.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 66