Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 66

Author Topic: Rogue survivor: Roguelike Sandbox Zombie Game!  (Read 128249 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Rogue survivor: Roguelike Sandbox Zombie Game!
« Reply #840 on: July 20, 2010, 06:04:00 am »

I would say to hold off on L4D untill RougedJack allows full modding. Otherwise, the mechanics vs. the sprites would just seem weird.

As for your horrible jail murder, Rakonas, the prisoner is the only person who can tell you where the base is. It still exists out there, but you'll have to find it yourself.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: July 20, 2010, 06:12:10 am »

Smoker:

Otherwise, the mechanics vs. the sprites would just seem weird.
Why? Special infected still attack with melee too. You can just think that they forgot how to use their abilities :P. I will do it in case someone still wants it.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: July 20, 2010, 06:43:03 am »

Below is spoilery,click at your own risk

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

(edit)Oh well that is sooo apropriate Windows,the moment I started a new character Highway To Hell starts playing.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 06:50:02 am by Dwarf mc dwarf »

tekknej

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: July 20, 2010, 07:18:44 am »

Below is spoilery,click at your own risk

(edit)Oh well that is sooo apropriate Windows,the moment I started a new character Highway To Hell starts playing.
um actually sometimes you can go in without anything. if you are lucky enough you can salvage a couple of free rooms ) and if you wanna clear them out, just use something long range. shotgun range is 3, so never let guards come that close.
also you can just break doors open and wait for zombies to clear the building for you, so drop back later =D

de5me7

• Bay Watcher
  • urban spaceman
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: July 20, 2010, 07:27:29 am »

How do you guys survive?I end up starving to death or getting mauled,how do I get guns before other greedy bastards people get to them?and after all the food has been eaten what do I do,eat my fallen comrades?

Yes they are greed bastards, i wish you could shoot them. Theres (in my experience) always guns in the police station so head there if you want pistols, shotties and police armour. Otherwise shopping districts but they can be a bit hit and miss. (sometimes they seem to be entirly hardware stores and chemists with no medicine in stock)

Food is still a problem i have. I can usualy find plent on day 1 but towards the end of day two those greedy buggers have eaten most of it. Find as much as u can then stash it in the fuse room in a subway station. Then board up the door. if you dont board up the door, greedy buggers come and steel it.

in my most recent game, i got food stashed (not as much as id have liked) got some guns and gear from the cop shop, and boarded my self into the room. When the food ran out on day 3 i openned up and there were seven zombies, a master and a zombified human outside. I got all but one of em before being munched.

ive r4ad in other posts that once the national guard arive they get supply drops in the parks - more food. Ive only seen them once and they arrive on about day 4. So my guess is if you can survive 5 days or so you can hide somewhere near a park then come out and raid the supply drops.

what's spray paint for?
I haven't been able to get any vomit this release. Not any I can pick up, at any rate.
Swans, too. Swans are complete bastards.

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: July 20, 2010, 07:30:12 am »

I would say to hold off on L4D untill RougedJack allows full modding. Otherwise, the mechanics vs. the sprites would just seem weird.

As for your horrible jail murder, Rakonas, the prisoner is the only person who can tell you where the base is. It still exists out there, but you'll have to find it yourself.
X2 told me roguejack won't allow full modding.
Which pissed me off.

Also I play default and I find it too easy, don't see how you guys have it so hard.
My subway based fort has 2 residents now, and five times the food.

I found that if you survive a week the supply drops start being handed out like candy, one ever 1-3 days and enough food to last 6 days at least.
The only problem was we lost station 1-3 because the zombies swarmed us as I was saving the two civilians I found, the one who didn't make it stayed behind and lucky for us hit the generator and locked the gate as we were fortifieing outside it to fight off the horde.
We then gathered my nearby supply stash to heal our wounds and have a meal before going to our base of operations, station 2-3.
We haven't made a push for station 4-3 yet because I put station 2-3 on lockdown for a month hoping the national guard will sweep through and fuck shit up for us so we can get a window of almost peace to get more loot from above 2-3.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 07:36:16 am by Saint »
Hazordhu 2: Dwarven recruits wanted!
You should all be ashamed of yourselves.  The obvious solution is to chain the baby up at the entrance as a kobold detector.

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #846 on: July 20, 2010, 07:33:48 am »

That bastard overprotective programmer!!!!!

How do you guys survive?I end up starving to death or getting mauled,how do I get guns before other greedy bastards people get to them?and after all the food has been eaten what do I do,eat my fallen comrades?
what's spray paint for?

I think it attracts more migrants or something,maybe you could mark warnings on buildings or something.
Also what should I do at first,make a safehouse?Also how many weapons are there? (don't tell me what they are just how many
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 08:37:27 am by Dwarf mc dwarf »

Libelnon

• Bay Watcher
  • iz happeh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: July 20, 2010, 11:30:13 am »

what's spray paint for?

As far as I can work out, spraypaint is used to mark areas of interest. A spraypainted square shows as a different colour on the minimap. Useful for marking out areas of interest in the sewers (for example a ladder that leads up in front of the grocery store) or marking out the exact location of your safehouse, etc.

I think it attracts more migrants or something,maybe you could mark warnings on buildings or something.
Also what should I do at first,make a safehouse?Also how many weapons are there? (don't tell me what they are just how many
I bet manly tea tastes like crushed nerd dreams.

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: July 20, 2010, 11:47:07 am »

Some bastard stole my food in a store,there was also a zombie in there so I decided to board up the door.  :D

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: July 20, 2010, 12:16:10 pm »

Libelnon: There're 12 weapons total (ranged and melee).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: July 20, 2010, 12:21:47 pm »

I hope there will be more later.

Libelnon

• Bay Watcher
  • iz happeh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: July 20, 2010, 12:56:29 pm »

Okay, excuse that earlier post, the quotes screwed up. It was supposed to read:

what's spray paint for?

As far as I can work out, spraypaint is used to mark areas of interest. A spraypainted square shows as a different colour on the minimap. Useful for marking out areas of interest in the sewers (for example a ladder that leads up in front of the grocery store) or marking out the exact location of your safehouse, etc.

Damn me and not using the preview button.
I bet manly tea tastes like crushed nerd dreams.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #852 on: July 20, 2010, 01:18:12 pm »

So I wander into a business district and I happen to notice that virtually every building on the map is a CHAR office or sitting room. Indeed, most of them are simple buildings with a single room with chairs all the way around. Apparently, CHAR stands for CHAIRS.

I find a CHAR office with the front doors bashed down and I foolishly step inside. I discover two sleeping CHAR guards. I very, very quietly go into the back room and stock up on food and ammo and start to step out, when I realize that my escape route contains slightly more zombies than optimal.

I retreat into the storage room, again VERY quitely so as not to wake the soon-to-be consumed guards, and board up the door. Luckily for me, there is a z-tracker in the room. Unfortunately, there is a swarm of zombies outside of the room. I wait several hours, possibly the whole day, until the sounds of violence die down and the guards have been zombified, which at least probably killed a few zombies and now they won't use guns.

Then the barricade on the door starts to break.

I won't bore you with the tale of how I started out with three loaded shotguns, some bloodstained CHAR armor, and pile of shotgun shells, and a huge hammer, and ended up outside the building with a little bit of MREs, a medkit or two, and one well-worn shotgun.

Well, that's one more day survived.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: July 20, 2010, 01:52:01 pm »

Most of your Hopes and Dreams can be crushed buy simply reading his FAQ.

He won't allow item crafting/food growth  :'(.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: July 20, 2010, 02:21:52 pm »

Gawr, dont underestimate bikers. Always go range.  :-\

"Edit" Spoily about police station:

Also, if anyone is feeling risky and needs some food, CHAR offices 80% of the time have food in the first 5 days. Of course, ive lost three character to playing shotgun fights(I still dont know how I missed with a shotgun, matrix? o-o). So yah, bring a pistol.

"Edit2" Er...dont close the cell doors on the prisoner...squish. ><

Oh well, free rations.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2010, 03:27:02 pm by Orb »
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.
Pages: 1 ... 55 56 [57] 58 59 ... 66