Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 66

Author Topic: Rogue survivor: Roguelike Sandbox Zombie Game!  (Read 128310 times)

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rogue survivor: Roguelike Sandbox Zombie Game!
« Reply #780 on: July 18, 2010, 08:48:44 pm »

It says we can mod, but I have found no way to do so, I planned a nice mod for it but noo.
 :'( Saint is disspoint.
Hazordhu 2: Dwarven recruits wanted!
You should all be ashamed of yourselves.  The obvious solution is to chain the baby up at the entrance as a kobold detector.

Mechanoid

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTELLIGENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: July 18, 2010, 09:29:02 pm »

You can modify the graphics. Just don't use MSPaint, because the transparency in the .png gets messed up if you save the file. (you need a version of photoshop or similar that does transparency and can save as .png files)

I've found another problem:
- You can go into a basement and sit on the stairs, and totally block anyone from comming inside. What's even worse is that ZOMBIES DO NOT ATTACK YOU if you do this. You can just dump 10 food items on the stairs, while holding 10 food items in your hands with hauler 3, and just sit and wait while the zombies try to knaw on your apparently indestructible skull.

Good news:
I've seen national gaurd use their rifles, reload, run out of ammo for their rifles, switch over to their pistols, then reload their pistol ammo, and then finally fight with their fists/run away. They also have carpentry and are building small barricades. So the national gaurd AI is working just fine! 8)
Quote from: Max White
"Have all the steel you want!", says Toady, "It won't save your ass this time!"

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: July 18, 2010, 11:00:43 pm »

Deon's already got the art department here, I was thinking code wise.
Hazordhu 2: Dwarven recruits wanted!
You should all be ashamed of yourselves.  The obvious solution is to chain the baby up at the entrance as a kobold detector.

Mechanoid

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTELLIGENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: July 18, 2010, 11:07:00 pm »

Deon's already got the art department here, I was thinking code wise.
No modding the code, not yet.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: July 18, 2010, 11:48:31 pm »

Well, that last run was quite good. I started off a good deal from the police station, but I managed to hold up in a CHAR Office. Upon trying to leave, I was confronted by a dozen zombie masters in the lobby. One stupid long battle later, they were all dead, and I was out several dozen shotgun shells. It was about the second day then, so I traveled to the Police Station. Every other time I had been there, the place was held down by police and survivors. Not this time. I arived to the ground floor, and already saw evidence of a doomed last stand. Like the broken door and bodies strewn through the area. Even the iron door entrance was somewhat battered. The first basement was no better, with the zombies of the final defenders easily dispached by my shotgun. I expected the worse from the third basement, but a few of the caged survivors were still alive, all starving. Killed those that were zombified after starvation before going to open the prison.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Libelnon

• Bay Watcher
  • iz happeh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: July 19, 2010, 12:38:40 am »

...I love this game >.<

Managed to last a full 5 days boarding myself up in a room in the shopping district with a hunting rifle and a bit of ammo. Finally got killed when I went out looking for more blue pills. I think my character was becoming an addict O.o XD

I bet manly tea tastes like crushed nerd dreams.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: July 19, 2010, 12:52:21 am »

"...are...are there pills here? I need pills. There has to be pills here! I have to grab pills! I! NEED! PILLS! PILLLLLSSSSSSS..."
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Mechanoid

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTELLIGENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: July 19, 2010, 02:04:54 am »

Here's some more ballance suggestions:
- Item destruction be an option, where the % set is the chance for each item dropped getting destroyed. Including 0%, so nothing gets destroyed when dropped by someone who's killed. (like it was before)
- NATURAL HEALING. Even if it was just 1 point every 12 or 18 hours or even 24 hours... A setting in the options menu would be best, including "Off"
- Options menu for allowable zombies and their % of the population, and when they come into play.
- Similar options for national gaurd and those other guys' involvement, such as how often and after what time. Sometimes, you want them to not give up. :-\
- Grenades. Dynamite. C4. Pipe bombs. Molotovs. Just... Explosives! Even if they (the good explosives) only appear on the army men groups, or bikers, or whatever. The zombie groups get so huge at the higher difficulties, there's just no way to kill them all with guns: Like this image of a group and this image of the same group, later... at my HQ (bastards! and i used the stench-off, too) demonstrate.

PS: Yes, that character died.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: July 19, 2010, 02:12:24 am »

I would think "those guys", would try to demolish the city as well. Also, Rougedjack said that there is "somthing" in the sewers that you get an achivement for slaying. He implied it was not a zombie, but a local legend. Anyone have luck with that?
No Gods, No Masters.

Libelnon

• Bay Watcher
  • iz happeh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: July 19, 2010, 02:13:57 am »

I've also discovered that sewer maintenance stations make good hideouts, although there are automatically 2 survivor scrounging in it. I wait until they starve and then claim them for myself.

Although, I've found that sewer rats are quite deadly.
I bet manly tea tastes like crushed nerd dreams.

x2yzh9

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: July 19, 2010, 02:15:26 am »

Dear god Mechanoid, what settings do you have? Jesus christ, that's.. More zombies than I've ever seen in one place.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: July 19, 2010, 02:17:50 am »

He is on Day 16. I've seen zombie master clusters about half that size with the default settings. On Day. Fucking. One.
No Gods, No Masters.

Mechanoid

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTELLIGENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: July 19, 2010, 02:27:19 am »

Dear god Mechanoid, what settings do you have? Jesus christ, that's.. More zombies than I've ever seen in one place.
280% 8)

Also, THIS is how i died. Killed a good 10-20 of those fuckers before i bit my own bullet. (felt like 30-40 honestly)
POST MORTEM:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I've seen zombie master clusters about half that size with the default settings. On Day. Fucking. One.
There's a more powerful zombie master that can control other ZM's. That is what you probably ran into, if evolution was turned on.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2010, 02:30:09 am by Mechanoid »

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: July 19, 2010, 02:30:05 am »

I thought that was the case, but I saw no zombie lords with the group. I killed them all, only because the CHAR building I was held up in had a good deal of shotgun shells.
No Gods, No Masters.

Medicine Man

• Bay Watcher
  • Pile the bodies, set them aflame.
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: July 19, 2010, 11:19:07 am »

Is there a way to download it out of Megaupload?Megaupload is a pile of shit,sorry for the rant but it is.
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 66