Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 66

Author Topic: Rogue survivor: Roguelike Sandbox Zombie Game!  (Read 128349 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Rogue survivor: Roguelike Sandbox Zombie Game!
« Reply #600 on: June 29, 2010, 05:15:11 pm »

Jesus, my guy looks like some sorta EMO. :-\
well known fact, due to the self inflicted injuries, depressed attitude, and old scars, emos are usually unnoticed by zombies due to the zombies confusion on whether they are living or dead.

The dead-white makeup also gives the apperance of a post mortum status. This is why we should kill all emos.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: June 29, 2010, 05:26:52 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
1. 42 military rations, 15 bandages, 3 medical kits, a * !^#&*@#, cellphone, some hunting rifle bullets and three fully loaded army pistols.
2. 76 rifle cartridges, two medkits, army-body armor, 26 heavy handgun cartridges and a loaded army pistol.
3. My PC "Cody Jones" civilian man with two first names. Going on day 23.
4. Companion "Sarah Irvin" civilian woman with two first names too. Has been with me since day 22.

Shelves....er, I hope you havent got attached to that base. :P

"Edit" Hmm, finally tried out the new version. A lot harder. Expecially when you go into differant districts. I entered a new district and emptied atleast 50 pistol pullets into a zombie horde lead by a master. Then later died to gangsters because I got overconfident and didnt realise two pistol pullets could end me. :P
« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 05:51:34 pm by Orb »
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: June 29, 2010, 06:40:09 pm »

Shelves....er, I hope you havent got attached to that base. :P

"Edit" Hmm, finally tried out the new version. A lot harder. Expecially when you go into differant districts. I entered a new district and emptied atleast 50 pistol pullets into a zombie horde lead by a master. Then later died to gangsters because I got overconfident and didnt realise two pistol pullets could end me. :P

Have you seen the massive amounts of zombie corpses in front and around the store! Counting the other pieces of furniture I have pushed near the store for defense and the shelves; I have lost about twenty or even more pieces of furniture to zombie sieges!

I have only seen one FUN (if you've played long enough you should know) and that thing was about two buildings west of my safe-house. Besides those FUN are rare and with two survivors with heavy army rifles, one of us should, at most be killed. I'll make damned sure that's not me!

well known fact, due to the self inflicted injuries, depressed attitude, and old scars, emos are usually unnoticed by zombies due to the zombies confusion on whether they are living or dead.

The dead-white makeup also gives the apperance of a post mortum status. This is why we should kill all emos.

Not until the Zombie invasion is over.

« Last Edit: June 29, 2010, 06:47:08 pm by Creamcorn »
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

tekknej

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: June 30, 2010, 11:59:15 am »

um, i hope you all know that 3.2 is out ) quite an improvement.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: June 30, 2010, 12:02:13 pm »

um, i hope you all know that 3.2 is out ) quite an improvement.
That was fast.  Let me see if it's save compatible.

EDIT:
Doesn't look like it.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 12:15:03 pm by ToonyMan »

Shiv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: June 30, 2010, 02:00:51 pm »

Oh neat, been waiting for the update to start playing again.  Ran into the Shout bug and couldn't move sectors. 
I still don't think I'm crazy enough to play this game properly.

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: June 30, 2010, 02:06:46 pm »

Still wish you could kill survivors. jsut a few minutes ago this guy came into my safehouse. It took me 5 minutes and I caded him in, but he managed to nab my baseball bat. How easy it would be if I could just blow his brains out with my shotgun.
Edit:He just died 4 tiles to the north. thats Karma.
Hello Hunam

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: June 30, 2010, 02:10:25 pm »

Great a new updated version !
thanks.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: June 30, 2010, 02:30:00 pm »

I love the new update, and also can tell you that shotguns have more than a three square radius now. Damn CHAR.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: June 30, 2010, 03:55:05 pm »

My newest character is named Ulrich.  That is all.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Mechanoid

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTELLIGENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: June 30, 2010, 06:02:22 pm »

BUG REPORT, 3.21:
- AI's do not "discard" (destroy) things with dead batteries like the player does. There are still empty flashlights littering parks and places.

Anyways, commentary on 3.21:
Food decay makes the game hilariously difficult now, because you can no longer camp in the grocery store for days/weeks on end... Which is of course awsome, because that's exactly what'd happen in real life. Though, one thing i feel the game needs now are different kinds of food for grocery stores to spawn with, such as smaller more specific food items (that only stack with identical expire dates) that have a later expire date but give less food, or have special abilities. Nothing specific like "Potatoes" but general categories like "Produce" That way while on day 3 all the generic grocery bags are rotten, the few peices of produce/meat and bags of candy are still edible.

A possible addition to the above would be to right-click a grocery bag while its on the ground, so it leaves behind a random size stack of specific food that has an increased expire date, but still less food then the original bag. So the player runs into a huge grocery store that has more food then could possibly be eaten before it all expires, and prunes the number of bags down so it lasts as long as possible. So where a Dairy Grocery Bag would expire on Day 2 Hour 6, the player right-clicks it to produce a smaller dairy item that expires on Day 6, Hour 3, despite only giving a fraction the original bag would have; which could then stack with other Day 6, Hour 3 dairy items.

Another food item could be 'Canned Food', which is a rarer civilian version of army rations; the witty description could be "It's missing the label" with possibly two versions: One with a pull tab, and the other requiring a "Can Opener" item.
Quote from: Max White
"Have all the steel you want!", says Toady, "It won't save your ass this time!"

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #611 on: June 30, 2010, 06:27:01 pm »

Like the canned food idea. Maybe you need to have any weapon or a can opener? I'd hate to starve while surrounded by cans and golf clubs or machine guns.

So maybe we need "Dairy", "Meat", "Dry Goods" in general, "Bread" in particular, "Produce", and "Cans".

Though if we have cans, we kinda need Spam.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Shiv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: June 30, 2010, 06:42:45 pm »

I would not want to eat meat that's been sitting out for 3 days!  That just makes me cringe.  Think of all the bacteria.  The maggots wouldn't be too bad (extra protein) but the bacteria would get ya.

Anyhow, I like the idea of regular produce vs canned.  I don't think one should convey more benefits than the other (aside from longevity), just that canned should be scarcer (even though 3/4 of grocery stores in reality are cans, but on the other hand, canned food is no less healthy than normal).  Course then you need a can opener.
I still don't think I'm crazy enough to play this game properly.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: June 30, 2010, 06:52:34 pm »

This concerns some of the secret items. Unspolier at your own risk.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EDIT: Alright, so shotguns are overpowered beyond all reason now. I can take down Disciples with ease if I have a shotgun. The other guns are nowhere near close in power. This is a change indeed.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2010, 07:47:05 pm by MetalSlimeHunt »
No Gods, No Masters.

Mechanoid

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTELLIGENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: June 30, 2010, 07:51:18 pm »

I would not want to eat meat that's been sitting out for 3 days!
You're thinking too specifically. Jerky, sausages, and other plastic wrapped pre-cooked things that come from animals. "Meat" is a general term to avoid having to sprite multiple specific meat-looking objects, and code specific rules for each of those objects.
Quote from: Max White
"Have all the steel you want!", says Toady, "It won't save your ass this time!"
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 66