Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 66

Author Topic: Rogue survivor: Roguelike Sandbox Zombie Game!  (Read 128405 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: Rogue survivor: Roguelike Sandbox Zombie Game!
« Reply #540 on: June 21, 2010, 03:52:04 pm »

I know that it's a humor but I felt like I should reply to it :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Roundabout Lout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: June 21, 2010, 06:31:27 pm »

It's day seven in my game (alpha 3.1,) and I've just had this crash 4 times in a row.

Crash report.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

First 3 times I was trying to enter a new district, crashing sometime before the game finished simulating 5300 turns.
Last time, I successfully made it through, and cleared out a CHAR office. The crash came out of nowhere as I barricaded myself in.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 06:40:20 pm by yougiedeggs »

tekknej

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: June 22, 2010, 01:03:05 am »

that's a bug related to npc shouting. i think it has been fixed for 3.2, so stand by )

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: June 22, 2010, 02:59:34 pm »

Misinformed. I don't know the criteria for "being a roguelike" but it's not the need to have ASCII graphics. see: Elona.
Roguelikes are generally turn based, tile games with a preference for characters over graphics, and are sometimes extremely hard.

I still don't know what is so important about CHAR offices. They have some awesome armor, though. I've done literally everything except find out what is so important about those buildings. I was about to break into one on my own then I was hit by a salvo. Damn you Black Ops, damn you to hell!

It's day seven in my game (alpha 3.1,) and I've just had this crash 4 times in a row.

Crash report.

First 3 times I was trying to enter a new district, crashing sometime before the game finished simulating 5300 turns.
Last time, I successfully made it through, and cleared out a CHAR office. The crash came out of nowhere as I barricaded myself in.
I got that crash before, I was sleeping then an NPC shouted for some reason and I crashed.

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: June 22, 2010, 03:09:22 pm »

I usually don't bother with CHAR offices unless zombies already cleared 'em out.  In the previous versions they were loaded with shotguns and medkits, and the CHAR guards inhabiting the place have decent armor.  Said guards are dangerous, though.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: June 22, 2010, 03:15:58 pm »

I usually don't bother with CHAR offices unless zombies already cleared 'em out.  In the previous versions they were loaded with shotguns and medkits, and the CHAR guards inhabiting the place have decent armor.  Said guards are dangerous, though.
Yea, +2  armor and like 7 firearms skill.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: June 22, 2010, 04:27:57 pm »

I usually tear down barricades on their doors and lure survivors in as a bait. Then the CHAR guards empty their weapons on them and I kill them easily.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Shiv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: June 22, 2010, 06:43:31 pm »

I just tear down the barricade, wait for them to see me, then start backing away.  They only have a 5 or so square range with their shotguns.  Plenty of room for kiting.
I still don't think I'm crazy enough to play this game properly.

Talvara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: June 23, 2010, 07:08:01 am »

The game seems to crash for me when my laptop goes into sleep mode or I go into the ctrl alt Del window, while I have rogue survivor visable, (if rogue survivor is minimalised it doesn't crash)

I'm running windows Vista, and have an nvidea geforce 8600GT video card, When such a crash appears the game gets replaced with a big red X that spans the entire view.
I'll post the crash details, but I dont think they'll help seeing as they are in dutch ;)

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: June 23, 2010, 12:22:04 pm »

Had a long 24 days fun run with " Margareth Forrester "
Roamed several districts , got in fights with hordes and bikers, got lots of help from national guards (especially against the bikers), until Margareth found a big shop full of groceries in which i located my headquarter with the 2 followers she had after cleaning it from the dozen of zombies and skeletons stuck in it.

The doors were destroyed since a long time and every furniture inside had been destroyed by the zombies "unliving" inside, but the doors were facing a map limit, so hopefully few zombies would come there.

Margareth and friends in each days patrolled around their big HQ, destroying zombies and skeletons with their trusty baseball bats.
But they were meeting more and more national guards corpses, indicating there were some dangerous things going on.

At some point, some refugee wave found their headquarters and sadly pillaged the groceries too.
Came a day in which the commercial center was empty, so Margareth decided to leave her followers guarding the zone and bravely hunt for food.

When entering a building she came face to face with what she suspect was responsible of the national guards corpses outside.
She hit *spoiler* with her bat, was near to kill *spoiler* but *spoiler* unloaded his rifle at point blank enough so Margareth looted army body armor was not able to stop anything.

Margareth will be remembered.

During that run, lots of crashes (thanks, oh thanks for the save function), the same kind of those that had been reported already and apparently from the blog are known by the developer.

Definitively very fun game.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: June 24, 2010, 06:04:57 pm »

day 14:
Tons of food, ammo for evey gun, each gun, military armor.......... with greatly increased number of zombies, still got tons of medpacks, and full health, and a huge kill count.... ammo makes it too easy I'm finding.... zombie corpses are EVERYWHERE!  i find that as long as you hunt them down before they evolve, you're safe, i spend half the day killing off the nights spawn, rest gathering more items, to easy now, any suggestions for challenges anyone?
Nom nom nom

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: June 24, 2010, 06:13:47 pm »

day 14:
Tons of food, ammo for evey gun, each gun, military armor.......... with greatly increased number of zombies, still got tons of medpacks, and full health, and a huge kill count.... ammo makes it too easy I'm finding.... zombie corpses are EVERYWHERE!  i find that as long as you hunt them down before they evolve, you're safe, i spend half the day killing off the nights spawn, rest gathering more items, to easy now, any suggestions for challenges anyone?

No Sleep. Just blue pills. Gets fun at night with heavy rain.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: June 24, 2010, 06:20:45 pm »

haha good idea!  I'll try that
Nom nom nom

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: June 24, 2010, 10:56:11 pm »

.... zombie corpses are EVERYWHERE!

Day 24 here and dear god the streets are just red.

tekknej

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: June 25, 2010, 04:25:13 am »

any suggestions for challenges anyone?
change settings ) default ones are pretty easy
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 66