Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 66

Author Topic: Rogue survivor: Roguelike Sandbox Zombie Game!  (Read 128402 times)

Flintus10

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rogue survivor: Roguelike Sandbox Zombie Game!
« Reply #525 on: June 21, 2010, 01:58:32 am »

Hey I'm unable to install due to the whole directX version 1.02902.0 problem. Has anyone encountred this and fixed it and if yes then how?

kulik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: June 21, 2010, 06:47:39 am »

I think that exp through killing is a bad idea, fighting should be the last choice. I also think that zombies shouldn't get stronger overtime, there should be just more of them.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: June 21, 2010, 07:35:47 am »

I think that exp through killing is a bad idea, fighting should be the last choice. I also think that zombies shouldn't get stronger overtime, there should be just more of them.
I agree with that but I wouldn't mind other options if I could toggle them.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: June 21, 2010, 07:45:39 am »

Well, what you are advocating is basically the situation as it is. You gain skill through simply surviving, and the zombie horde grows by a certain percentage (As set in the options menu.) every day. If you turn undead evolution off, it's entirely accurate.

EDIT:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 08:57:40 am by MetalSlimeHunt »
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

tekknej

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: June 21, 2010, 10:23:50 am »

awesome game )
would like to know what options people use? i played some default games while learning stuff, then switched to city size 2, district size 150, cos its the same size tile-wise, but with no need to transition between districts often. though found out that it is so much easier, since the amount of actor per district stays the same (even when MAX bumped up to the highest, not enough), so more room and supplies for everyone, zombies dont level up fast (found my first disciple after 2 weeks). so i die only to the

then changed the district size to the smallest, 50. kinda fun, screams going from all sides at the very beginning, lots of people, scarce supplies (city size still 2). rush to grab what you can, zombies are your allies here, since they scare off civilians

just now tried bumping all settings to the hardest 575%, and had a really fun short games ) at first thought it was impossible to survive till dawn, but on the third try managed to live through 16 hours =D
green zone seems to be the most preferable here (as opposed to the normal play?) since hedges take some punishment and keep zombies busy.
it also improved my skill a lot ) i think i even know how to make an impenetrable barricade... though you would probably need to be near it to work... or some guard could suffice =D
wanna try this challenge too? lets have a little competition ) here's my last attempt mortem. gonna go try some more...

« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 10:29:16 am by tekknej »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: June 21, 2010, 01:13:53 pm »

I'm putting the finishing touches on the Sci-Fi tileset.

Here's the national guard suit:

« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 01:16:59 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: June 21, 2010, 01:23:26 pm »

Can I just say that that is awsome and that I can't wait till it is finished.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: June 21, 2010, 01:25:07 pm »

So you're ok with killer droids instead of black ops and x-com agents instead of national guard? Then it will be ready soon :P.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: June 21, 2010, 01:43:39 pm »

So you're ok with killer droids instead of black ops and x-com agents instead of national guard? Then it will be ready soon :P.

Let me guess. You're going to end up sprite modding this game into a chrysalid attack, arn't you?
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: June 21, 2010, 02:00:17 pm »

Let me guess. You're going to end up sprite modding this game into a chrysalid attack, arn't you?

And what, my friend is wrong with that?

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: June 21, 2010, 02:04:20 pm »

Nothing. It's just my prediction.
No Gods, No Masters.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: June 21, 2010, 02:18:53 pm »

Not yet. Not until we can mod creatures. Then I will turn it into an xcom-style survivor game with all the aliens from XCOM. I always thought "how is it to be a civillian" there :).

And it's done.
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=2556
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: June 21, 2010, 02:28:57 pm »

To Rougejack: Don't let him do it! You don't know what Deon is capable of! He'll create five full conversion mods for your game on a lazy sunday afternoon! And the spritework will be very nice! He's a madman, I tell you, a madman!
No Gods, No Masters.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: June 21, 2010, 03:43:56 pm »

Ahem. How is it bad? I actually plan to add a Rogue Survivor section to my homepage with a link to the blog to spread the news further. I really like the game, and I like to make mods for the games I like. In my opinion, it enriches the experience and makes the fanbase wider.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: June 21, 2010, 03:45:08 pm »

It isn't bad, It would appear I just suck at internet humor.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 66