Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 66

Author Topic: Rogue survivor: Roguelike Sandbox Zombie Game!  (Read 128419 times)

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: Rogue survivor: Roguelike Sandbox Zombie Game!
« Reply #480 on: June 18, 2010, 03:34:50 pm »

I was thinking about that :D.

Oh man, I really need more time. I want to make a DF tileset too, with plump helmets instead of bandages.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 03:37:34 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Koja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: June 18, 2010, 04:15:06 pm »

This has been well done, thus far. Day 30, and still havent found a way to deal with
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
~~<BR>"Zombie fish have the added benefit of not needing to breath. Thus they can wade out of the water with little to fear but bigger zombie fish" -Willfor

roguedjack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Rogue Survivor blog
« Reply #482 on: June 18, 2010, 04:23:52 pm »

Quote from: Shiv
They should take the food and eat when hungry.
I think the only thing that it could be (because 1 and 3 aren't even triggered, and 4 isn't likely as there's no zombies around) is 2, but even when they do have an empty slot, they don't pick up food.  Or rather, they pick it up, but they don't SAVE it.  They immediately eat the food and then its wasted.  If they'd pick up food and save it for when they're hungry (or to just have a spare), it'd be much better.
They are programmed to eat only when hungry and I've never seen them eat when not hungry. I'll check again, might be a bug.

---
Keep posting AI suggestions, I'll read all of them but don't have time to answer all the points.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2010, 04:27:57 pm by roguedjack »

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: June 18, 2010, 04:55:17 pm »

How about easy trading with your followers? i.e. giving them stuff that you want them to have and taking stuff that you don't want them to have.

PS: My current game is doing insanely good. Killing zombie masters with shovels, barely getting hit. It's fun. (Plus I pimped out my safehouse.)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: June 18, 2010, 05:00:29 pm »

Deon, this game isn't out of Alpha yet and you've created two tilesets for it? At the rate you're going you'll have a full conversion mod before 5.0.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Shiv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: June 18, 2010, 06:33:37 pm »

They are programmed to eat only when hungry and I've never seen them eat when not hungry. I'll check again, might be a bug.

---
Keep posting AI suggestions, I'll read all of them but don't have time to answer all the points.

Well can you program them to carry spares?  Makes holing up with followers completely pointless. 

And here's an 'in-action' shot of the bug.

Both hungry.  I've waited several turns to allow them to pick up the groceries, but they just stand there.  Take item directive is on, and they both have free inventory slots (as shown with Patty).
I still don't think I'm crazy enough to play this game properly.

John Gaden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: June 18, 2010, 07:39:04 pm »

i just want to kill other survivors.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: June 18, 2010, 07:41:42 pm »

Perhaps if you murder a survivor, or even attack one, near by survivors will attack you as well. They have a brain, so if you show your face again to those  same survivors, they will try to kill you again.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: June 18, 2010, 07:42:57 pm »

i just want to kill other survivors.
This.
I've been killed too many time by survivors that hover around the only exit while a zombie master and his entourage are coming behind us.

Well, that and some form of item decay/destruction, since every tile in the district will end up filled with empty weapons and leather jackets after a few weeks.

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: June 18, 2010, 08:08:37 pm »

Oh and I want the survivors to close doors behind them. Several times have I been killed because a damn survivor DIDNT CLOSE THE DOOR.
Hello Hunam

Azurestrike

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: June 18, 2010, 08:09:42 pm »

It's highly unlikely now, but I once died sleeping next to soldiers and was trapped in a corner as a disciple swiped at me and two soldiers were sleeping right next to me. I had no chance since it got the first blow as I died right next to them.

Regarding items, maybe it would be nice to have a salvage skill, where you can take apart things to make new, and better things. That way, anything can be made into new items which are usable.

Personally, I wouldn't want that, I can imagine plenty of times dying to something fast because someone closed the door in front of me.

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: June 18, 2010, 08:10:42 pm »

Well then, wouldnt you close the door in front of the other guy if HE was chased by something fast? Also, I'm holding a safehouse right now and whenever I wake up somone opened my only enterence
Hello Hunam

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: June 18, 2010, 08:50:04 pm »

Have you barricaded it?

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: June 18, 2010, 09:33:30 pm »

No... because if I did I would have no ENTERENCE, would I?
Edit: Critical AI error just occured causing a crash.
Hello Hunam

garfield751

• Bay Watcher
  • Aaauuugggghhhh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: June 18, 2010, 09:40:27 pm »

i usually put something big in frount of the door usually keeps em out
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 66