Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 66

Author Topic: Rogue survivor: Roguelike Sandbox Zombie Game!  (Read 128449 times)

Greenbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rogue survivor: Roguelike Sandbox Zombie Game!
« Reply #420 on: June 16, 2010, 11:58:14 pm »

No idea what's wrong on your side. Music is enabled by default. While good, I think I'll turn it off and play some Resident Evil tracks on the background. :P

Also, get crackin' on the civvies and stuff! It's all brilliant so far! :D

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: June 17, 2010, 12:00:08 am »

Because the trees do not really fit 1-tile height I've decided to change them to exotic bushes.

Now parks look nice :D

Now the question of how the bushes got there. :P
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: June 17, 2010, 12:13:35 am »

Because they were planted there? This is the green zone. We have parks with bushes and without trees here :).

Meanwhile, I reworked most markers and also I reworked doors/windows.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: June 17, 2010, 12:18:11 am »

Here's the changed interface.

I've added blood splatters on attack (small with a hole for ranged, big for melee), also I've replaced exclamation marks with a bit different picture; yellow - attacking others, red - attacking you; followers have green outline now.

▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: June 17, 2010, 02:18:48 am »

Well yeah. I've spent my time making female sprites with different clothing. The result?

▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: June 17, 2010, 02:22:53 am »

Me like.

Now, please change that man in the picture. He looks silly now compared to the girls.
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: June 17, 2010, 02:37:43 am »

Hah, no way man! I will take a nap now. My brain should not die :P.

I am uploading the current "images" folder for all of you to use while I sleep. The only problem with girls is that armor does not fit them now, until I fix it (with men).

P.S. AAaand here it is: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=2529

Also, as you may have noticed, I've changed other tiles, like shop signs, posters and cars. Sadly I didn't fix the stupid OMGFIRE on cars yet. Will do later :).

Here's the last example how did I change women.

Before:

Now:

Btw that blue smiley on NPC means "flees in terror". Before that there was some white stick; I couldn't get what did it mean.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 02:46:44 am by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Shiv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: June 17, 2010, 03:15:41 am »

Looks good.  I really dig the 'attacking you' vs 'attacking others' thing.  Hard to tell unless they start moving towards you lol.

Just started playing this today and gotta say it's pretty fun for no flashy graphics or anything.  My first two attempts ended comically ("I think I'll break down the barricade to this door.  Oh hey someone's inside.  What do the exclamation points mean?"  *blam*  and the second one was me getting chased by a zombie hoard and some jackass leaving two flaming cars side by side on a 2 tile wide streat.  Doh!

Currently though I've found oodles of guns and am currently barricaded in a gun shop with a stockpile of ammo with three others.  Unfortunately they're not with me (don't have leader skill yet) but hopefully I can recruit them at the end of the day.   Anyhow, got two full barricades at the front doors and pushed 4 shelves in front of the entrance, so it'll take them a bit of doing to get inside.  Also, there's a National Guard unit somewhere around me. 
I still don't think I'm crazy enough to play this game properly.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: June 17, 2010, 03:27:39 am »

So, I encountered a neophyte. Did not end well. I guess I know who's been destroying entire stores now.

"People can change" indeed.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: June 17, 2010, 03:51:58 am »

I'm thinking of doing a ASCII type tileset. It's not true ASCII, but it will look like it.

I'll get some images up sometime. Just wait.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: June 17, 2010, 08:46:04 am »

Heh, ASCII should be fun to make. I mean, try to draw all the weapons, clothes and items in ASCII on the character sprite :D. Because they look on you the same way they look on the ground

Also, I woke up ;).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: June 17, 2010, 08:57:35 am »

I had great fun with Deon's tileset.
And managed to get my best run so far, Jack Quinn achieved to survive 7 days in the same district.
He ran away from zombies, fighting some when he felt strong enough.

At some point the national guards arrived, just in time as Jack was being tracked by a zombie master and 3 of his followers.
The 5 national guards made short works of them, Jack Quinn thanked them by not giving any grocerie and ran away to build his own stronghold, leaving every people that were in the building out of his central barricaded room.

Then after a time Jack ran out of grocerie.
Fortunately, the army dropped many rations not far from his bunker.
Rations that Jack collected and none heard about him for many days once he got back in his room of solitude in which he built barricade again.

A week after, zombies seemed to reign over the district, Jack was not hearing about fighting and screaming anymore.
But he heard 2 of his room barricaded doors being assaulted. Zombies finally found him.
Breaking himself out of his central room by an unattacked door, Jack laughing ran out of the now infested building.

... into a party of 6 or 7 gangsters that decided to attack Jack.
Jack was unfortunately out of bullets and before he could reload, he was cornered then killed by the ruthless bandits.
With a smile, as Jack knew very well what was tracking him in the nearby building, the gangster victory would be very short lived ...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 09:01:13 am by Robsoie »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: June 17, 2010, 10:13:58 am »

Okay, I am almost done with male sprites. I just need to make army, biker and CHAR clothes and hairstyles.

▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: June 17, 2010, 10:20:37 am »

No offense deon but those people are ugly too.
They are too, well square.
Everything elss looks good though.
Hazordhu 2: Dwarven recruits wanted!
You should all be ashamed of yourselves.  The obvious solution is to chain the baby up at the entrance as a kobold detector.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: June 17, 2010, 10:21:25 am »

Show me a non-square man in 20x20 tile please.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 66