Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 66

Author Topic: Rogue survivor: Roguelike Sandbox Zombie Game!  (Read 128427 times)

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rogue survivor: Roguelike Sandbox Zombie Game!
« Reply #315 on: June 09, 2010, 03:09:23 pm »

what's bows for?
Nom nom nom

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: June 09, 2010, 03:11:04 pm »

what's bows for?
Shooting zombies?

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: June 09, 2010, 03:12:14 pm »

I meant are there any bows, I've never seen test.
Nom nom nom

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: June 09, 2010, 03:15:06 pm »

I have seen crossbows, lots of ammo. I think they are in sport stores.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: June 09, 2010, 03:16:00 pm »

I have seen crossbows, lots of ammo. I think they are in sport stores.

Yep. Really good stuff. But really rare. It has 30 ammo, compared to the 10 pistol. =/
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: June 09, 2010, 03:30:15 pm »

The trick to good barricades is to make a labyrinth. You only need 1 or 2 easily movable shelves to block the entrance, and a misleading open path through the barricades so that they take the shortest route and find nothing. Then have a little alcove of shelves right in the corner in the hopes that any zombie who manages to get that far doesn't think of looking in it. Also, beds=amazing and fridges=invincible.

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: June 09, 2010, 04:16:47 pm »

I use a shop shelve linning on my stores to keep them from pathing to me, usualy the wall and 2 lines of shelves is enough then I use fridges I loot for the door.
Hazordhu 2: Dwarven recruits wanted!
You should all be ashamed of yourselves.  The obvious solution is to chain the baby up at the entrance as a kobold detector.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: June 09, 2010, 04:25:05 pm »

I prefer Char buildings, simply because its all rooms and doors. Hide in one of the rooms near the back, and barracade it, and you got a pretty low chance of getting discovered.

Three problems with it though. Cant get a bed in there due to doors, Char people usually dont like me, and Char buildings are kind of rare.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: June 09, 2010, 04:42:07 pm »

I prefer Char buildings, simply because its all rooms and doors. Hide in one of the rooms near the back, and barracade it, and you got a pretty low chance of getting discovered.

Three problems with it though. Cant get a bed in there due to doors, Char people usually dont like me, and Char buildings are kind of rare.
Break down a door and cover it with a fridge.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: June 09, 2010, 05:02:03 pm »

Break down a door and cover it with a fridge.

True. I will have to try that. :)

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: June 09, 2010, 06:18:58 pm »

Barricading a house.

I step out to grab some planks, when I see a skeleton spot me.  Waiting for it to run up, suddenly another skelly and a DISCIPLE show up - the Disciple already in melee range.

I'm only on Day 2, hour 4.  I have three skills.

Awssum.

Ran back in and managed to avoid him.  Instead of RUNNING LIKE HELL with some semblance of intelligence, I ran back for a rifle that was on a desk and went to find him again.

...Then I realized I should've also replaced my bandages with a medkit, and hit sleepy status so it's twice my speed.

The room I left the medkit in is barricaded, and I have nowhere to run.

The disciple is two tiles away from me.

HEAVEN OR HELL, LET'S ROCK
« Last Edit: June 09, 2010, 06:23:51 pm by Farce »

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: June 09, 2010, 06:22:51 pm »

I heard a while back people were wondering if food respawns? Well, unless im extremely lucky, if you survive for like a week, army supply drops will supply you with tons of med packs and army rations. Army rations will basically be your "respawning food".

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: June 09, 2010, 06:50:26 pm »

there is plenty of food to go around. I dont think you really need to worry about it. Just be sure to get light eater maxed.

Also I think there is a way to win. Get all skills up to level 3. I dont know how many days that is though.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: June 09, 2010, 07:07:13 pm »

Actually, food basically spawns as "A new wave of refugees has arrived!" and they have food with them. Thus, when they die, they drop food everywhere.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: June 09, 2010, 07:09:41 pm »

Actually, food basically spawns as "A new wave of refugees has arrived!" and they have food with them. Thus, when they die, they drop food everywhere.

I think bikers have vegies too. They also drop lots of shovels.  :)
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 66