Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 66

Author Topic: Rogue survivor: Roguelike Sandbox Zombie Game!  (Read 128407 times)

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
Re: Rogue survivor: Roguelike Sandbox Zombie Game!
« Reply #300 on: June 08, 2010, 09:54:21 pm »

Just remember... while you are sleeping a disciple will tear through the barricades and kill you.
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: June 08, 2010, 09:59:44 pm »

Just remember... while you are sleeping a disciple will tear through the barricades and kill you.

Thats why you sleep in the middle of a shop. Now you dont waste time building a barricade just so a disciple can find you!  ;)
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: June 08, 2010, 10:47:23 pm »

Well my foods ran out so I went out to look for more...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
wow. People just leave foods lieing all over the place.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: June 08, 2010, 10:50:04 pm »

It also seems they've been careless with their weapons. And blood. And bones. And organs.

Tisk. Tisk.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: June 08, 2010, 11:16:11 pm »

That won't stop them.
It does when said zombie is unable to path to you, I find they time out if you have 2 tiles or more of space they cannot see through in a row.
Hazordhu 2: Dwarven recruits wanted!
You should all be ashamed of yourselves.  The obvious solution is to chain the baby up at the entrance as a kobold detector.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: June 08, 2010, 11:34:25 pm »

Yeah, but some zombies are especially hate objects, and will smash any furniture they find.

Trust me, if you stay in a building more than a few days, you'll notice exploratory attacks on your barricades.
Shoes...

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: June 08, 2010, 11:47:32 pm »

Yeah, but some zombies are especially hate objects, and will smash any furniture they find.

Trust me, if you stay in a building more than a few days, you'll notice exploratory attacks on your barricades.

He's right. I stayed in an unraided general store for a few days and they broke right past my barricade. Several dozen zombies, lead by a Zombie Master, swarmed in and ate me.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: June 08, 2010, 11:49:51 pm »

I stood in that shop for 16 days and the front shelf was untouched.

So far I have been doing alright, but I was almost killed by a disciple. Though thanks to the pile of medkits I found that some people droped I managed to survive by the skin of my teeth. It's day 21 I think.

The district simulation at this point takes way too long. >:(

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: June 09, 2010, 12:07:18 am »

Yeah, base settings have my simulation time at 45 seconds. Max settings are 3 minutes 50 seconds. Ugh.
No Gods, No Masters.

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: June 09, 2010, 01:59:28 am »

bah. Died to suprise diciple. It just spawned on top of me and instadeath. How lame.
Though I did pretty good up to that point. I kicked zombie ass left and right for 28 days. Well... more like 12 days... ;)

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: June 09, 2010, 12:26:19 pm »

The trick is to fully barricade the front doors and THEN putting the shelves in place. Zombies seem to have a preference for smashing furniture rather then barricades, so it'll last much longer. I slept inside a huge grocery store for almost 20 days beore they started actualy breaking in.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: June 09, 2010, 02:26:36 pm »

huh, does food respawn in those grocery shops? I keep swapping districts when things get too hot in the current one.

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: June 09, 2010, 02:30:23 pm »

The one thing you have to think about is: Location, location, location. See a house that has one entrance concealed by 3 cars you can jump over? Great. Cars are the best defense.

You guys actually wait for the district time simulation..?

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: June 09, 2010, 02:41:08 pm »

huh, does food respawn in those grocery shops? I keep swapping districts when things get too hot in the current one.

I don't believe so, no. Dead survivors will, however, drop their groceries - which creates a pretty convincing illusion of respawning stuff.

nichaey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: June 09, 2010, 02:57:30 pm »

I've been holed up in a gun store for almost a month now. I lucked out and spawned a shopping district with ~9 stores in it.

Stocks

20 shelves for barricading
1 Fridge for barricading
8 Heavy hammers
5 Shovels
4 bats
10 medkits
3 hunting rifles
5 pistols
5 army pistol
8 shotguns
14 groceries
~50 army rations
char body armour

Im too lazy to printscreen all the different parts of my base so Ill ascii it up

______________****____
IB**                I      I
I***                *     I
I__*__________I***I____

line are solid walls
* are cars/shelves/refridgeraters/bookshelves
B is bed

I came across a char office while they were sleeping and blew them away with my shotty
Blood For The Blood God!......Skulls For His Skull Throne!
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 66