Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 66

Author Topic: Rogue survivor: Roguelike Sandbox Zombie Game!  (Read 128381 times)

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
Re: Rogue survivor: Roguelike Sandbox Zombie Game!
« Reply #270 on: June 07, 2010, 08:42:59 pm »

These bikers are pissing me off. They just ruined my safe room and turned it into a safe house, and NOW they just ruined the house. Damn you bikers. DAMN YOOUUUU.
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

kholhaus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pissed and Inspired
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: June 07, 2010, 08:44:52 pm »

I've been picked to help with the minimap bug fix and got a super secret version.
Shhhhh.

I can't disclose it, as that would be mean to the creator.
Kholhaus has been inspired recently.
Kholhaus has lost a favorite to tragedy recently.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: June 07, 2010, 08:52:50 pm »

Odd, me minimap works fine, don't know what could be causing it to not work, try updating net framework and directX.

Also, bikers never bothered me much, oddly, mostly because by the time they arrived I was already barricaded somewhere, and when I got out I just saw their zombies and bloody jackets around :P

Silly bikers don't carry guns, they should.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

kholhaus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pissed and Inspired
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: June 07, 2010, 08:55:13 pm »

Bikers don't need guns to kill zombies when they have jackets that awesome.
Kholhaus has been inspired recently.
Kholhaus has lost a favorite to tragedy recently.

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: June 07, 2010, 08:58:26 pm »

Lol, so did I.. >.> Didn't work. Anyway.. I finally died to a group of 10 bikers. I had just fought a disciple before the bikers so my health was half down, I had two medikits. I found them, healed up, and started killing them with my three army pistols. I killed a great number of them before I ran out of medikits and had to run. I ended up getting sleepy and they surrounded me and bludgeoned me to death. I am very proud of this post mortem so it gets to be not spoilered... except one part. Yay.

Post Mortem:

ROGUE SURVIVOR alpha 3 fix A
POST MORTEM
Alexander Irvin was a man and a civilian.
He survived to see day 34 hour 10.
Alexander Irvin's spirit guided him for 01 hours 55 minutes 22 seconds.

> SCORING
He scored a total of 51362 points.
- difficulty rating of 100%.
- 49612 base points for survival.
- 1750 base points for kills.

> DEATH
Killed by biker Garry Ramirez in Green District@2-2 at road@112-65.

> KILLS
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

> SKILLS

> INVENTORY

> FOLLOWERS
He was doing fine alone. Or everyone else was dead.

> EVENTS

> R.I.P
May his soul rest in peace.
For his body is now a meal for evil.
The End.

Yes, I DID max out all my skills. Woot woot.
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: June 07, 2010, 08:59:23 pm »

Tsh, they still die when I hit them with my sledge HUGE HAMMER mjolnir.
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: June 07, 2010, 09:00:50 pm »

You mean your sigs hammer?

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: June 07, 2010, 09:04:33 pm »

Bikers don't need guns to kill zombies when they have jackets that awesome.

Agreed.

Also, it's pretty awesome how the cars in the streets stay on fire forever.  I really mean that.  Even if it's kinda silly, I loev how they block sight.

Has it ever stopped raining for anyone?  I practically always start on either heavy rain or rain, and if by some miracle heavy rain lightens to normal rain, it will ALWAYS worsen to heavy rain again post-haste.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: June 07, 2010, 09:06:15 pm »

My last run, my best one so far.

EDIT: Died a day later fighting a disciple, a zombie master and a few other generic zombies. I plowed through lots of them before I noticed I needed to retreat.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 09:08:45 pm by Dakk »
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: June 07, 2010, 10:00:11 pm »

Well hopefully this minimap issue can be fixed soon...

EDIT: Does anyone have an alpha 2 copy? I want to see if my minimap works on that copy... I never tried it.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 10:38:08 pm by Mono124 »

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: June 07, 2010, 11:25:05 pm »

We should get solo good hero bikers for a change :P.

Also that huge district reminded me of Nights of the Dead warcraft map. If only I could change graphics to more gloomy one, I would draw ALL of them :).
I got that email I posted a few pages back, you will be able to draw your own soon man.
Hazordhu 2: Dwarven recruits wanted!
You should all be ashamed of yourselves.  The obvious solution is to chain the baby up at the entrance as a kobold detector.

mendonca

• Bay Watcher
  • [CLIVE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: June 08, 2010, 06:30:01 am »

Post to follow the thread.

This game is fun!

But I behave too impatiently to last any longer than a few days. It's more fun running headlong in to a group of Zombies with a Louisville Slugger than it is hiding like a sissy in a boarded up shop.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: June 08, 2010, 11:20:20 am »

I think this game is pretty damned good for a zombie survival roguelike. Still, a few annoying things. I will usually die to a legitimate death. But often, I'll have a nice safehouse or store boarded up and in the case of the store, shelves barricading the door. I decide to wait or sleep and when I wake up, the zombie is already attacking. Now, I can almost understand sleeping through that kind of stuff, but if I'm awake, and just waiting, I shouldn't just watch as a zombie plows through my barricades and begins to attack me.

Anyway, still been having fun. Not doing all that well, but still fun. Most fun game so far was finding a CHAR office right at the start, breaking in, stealing a bunch of their crap, including two shotguns, 3 medkits and some armor. Nobody even stopped me.

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: June 08, 2010, 11:26:43 am »

I think this game is pretty damned good for a zombie survival roguelike. Still, a few annoying things. I will usually die to a legitimate death. But often, I'll have a nice safehouse or store boarded up and in the case of the store, shelves barricading the door. I decide to wait or sleep and when I wake up, the zombie is already attacking. Now, I can almost understand sleeping through that kind of stuff, but if I'm awake, and just waiting, I shouldn't just watch as a zombie plows through my barricades and begins to attack me.

Anyway, still been having fun. Not doing all that well, but still fun. Most fun game so far was finding a CHAR office right at the start, breaking in, stealing a bunch of their crap, including two shotguns, 3 medkits and some armor. Nobody even stopped me.

Well remember it IS still in alpha, and he actually plans to change sleeping to where you may wake up. I don't ever use the W key... i always use my single turn wait key and just hold it down.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: June 08, 2010, 12:46:50 pm »

I started again today, and got on day 3 I found me a intact grocery supermarket, so so so much food, and with light eater 2 I can probably survive here for 2 weeks :o

Good news is, doors are fully barricaded with a metric shitton of shelves blocking the entrance, and I have a ton of food. Bad news is I got here after surviving a massive surprise zombie master attack.

Before I got there, I barricaded a room fully, then rested on the bed for some days, with ah unting rifle and 2 hunting crossbows, all fully loaded. So, 2 days later, I wake up and notice  something's bashing my door, so I get out my huge hammer and think "heh, this zombie's gonna get it".. Then I open the door and see a zombie master, along with at least 10 other zombies, all lined up and ready to break in, I should've taken a screenie. I ran back and forgot to close the door, and got hit a few times while tearing the barricades on a window and excaping through it. I'm now hiding inside the massive grocery store with 2 hp and no way to heal it.
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 66