Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 66

Author Topic: Rogue survivor: Roguelike Sandbox Zombie Game!  (Read 128413 times)

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
Re: Rogue survivor: Roguelike Sandbox Zombie Game!
« Reply #255 on: June 07, 2010, 04:17:13 pm »

Damn, killed at Day One, Hour Twenty-Three. I was locked up in a supermarket where, from what I can tell by the dead bodies and empty guns, there was a massacre. I had already blocked the three entrances, and only one zombie remained inside. She just managed to kill me in meele combat. I should have used that shotgun...

Yeah normally when I see that sort of stuff I save the game and THEN try to kill them without my uber shotgun. If I fail, reload and kill.

I am no save scummer, good sir! I will fight and die on my own terms!

Well I only save scum when I end up barricading myself into a store and THEN the zombie decides to show itself...
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: June 07, 2010, 04:18:29 pm »

Erm, what kind of issue you're having?

And yea, somehow, someway a zombie got through the massive shelf barricade and killed me and my supposedly awake partner in my sleep, darnit.

I still have yet to survive more then 10 days.
I havent exactly checked most, or even some of the "bug fix" stuff, but im having a problem downloading. This problem may even have been discussed in the thread already, but im not reading 140 posts again. =/

Whenever I try to download alpha 3 from megaupload, it works for like 3 minutes, then the connection gets reset. Cant download it because it wont finish. I even got an account with megaupload, seeing if it was because I didnt have one. Same result.

I have a dial-up connection(might be why), Vista, and thats probably all thats needed to be known.

"Edit" Tried it with and without account on IE, and without account on Firefox.

I think its just because I have dial-up. A lot of websites dont seem to like to take that into account, though, of course, im sort of a minority in the connection speed...
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: June 07, 2010, 04:47:09 pm »

In my current game I've set up a labyrinth in a large general store, such that any zombies would have to break through the front shelf, wander through the labyrinth, most likely make a wrong turn and get confused and start breaking through shelves that won't get them anywhere, etc. The chances of a zombie getting in, and then breaking down one of the small alcove of shelves in a corner where I've brought a bed and have an abundance of food in, are probably 0. Additionally, it's set up so that I can easily close the store with shelves while I venture out so I don't come home to find people blocking the path/zombies eating my brains. I think I'm doing pretty well.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: June 07, 2010, 04:53:07 pm »

I've gotten to 5 days without setting any blockades :D agile characters keep you on your toes.

Rakonas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: June 07, 2010, 05:10:47 pm »

Well, that ended extremely anticlimactically. I zoned into another zone and instantly died by zombies apparently just waiting there, after my longest time so far of surviving and the development of several labyrinths.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: June 07, 2010, 06:26:34 pm »

Erm, question: How do you save on this game? Is it like other roguelikes when you just close and then it auto saves?
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: June 07, 2010, 06:30:29 pm »

Shift+S to save, then Shift+Q to quit.

It doesn't force-quit when saving or erase your save when you die though.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: June 07, 2010, 06:42:11 pm »

Yeah, but I still prefer to pretend that it does and never reload :P. It adds a lot of immersion and tension to the game.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: June 07, 2010, 07:14:37 pm »

Has anyone else noticed that theres only 30 turns in an hour? Does that mean that walking a simple square takes 2 minutes? Maybe we should suggest more turns in a day... (btw... math. I am at turn 4440 and it JUST became day 6 hour 4. 6*24=144+4=148 4440/148=30)

EDIT: Holy crap, the army just dropped supplies about 20 and 40 squares to the west of me. I will be set for a while if I can get to them before other civies find the food.

EDIT2: Ok, I am low on supplies (sort of) now. It is day 18 hour 13. I have 6 army rations (2 stacks of 3), 5 medikits, a baseball bat, 2 cell phones, 2 hunting rifles, a can of spraypaint (8 uses), and a shotgun. I can only hold 10 things though... Should I ditch 3 medikits and a cellphone or ditch the cellphones and ditch 2 medikits?

EDIT3: OH CRAP DISCIPLE
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 07:38:30 pm by Mono124 »
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: June 07, 2010, 07:40:10 pm »

Here's my current status. I'm doing pretty good, got tons of supplies and am pretty strong right now. Those national guard supply drops are lifesavers. But man, I hate those disciples so much! Everytime I go out looking for supplies they kick my ass.

I've only savescummed once, and it was because of a bunch of bikers raided my safehouse ;-;. I still don't know how they even knew I was there.

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: June 07, 2010, 07:50:35 pm »

I hate you. You have a minimap and I am playing without one. I had a REALLY close call though. I went to go to the military supply drop (I saw that one occurred only 60 tiles to the SE and left my rations in my safe house to go and get the 9 or so that drop normally) and.... oh god bikers. I mean, like, at LEAST 15 of them. I killed 6 of them with my hunting rifles and then ran. I had 4 biker zombies following me until I shook them off. Then... a disciple found me. I gave it two shotgun blasts at 2 tiles away and then point blank range. It died before it could hurt me. As I was trudging to my safehouse... another disciple found me. I ran as far as I could but became tired so it caught up. I shot it in the face with my last shotgun round and knocked its health down half way. I started running as fast as I could dodging through parks to try to slow it. I made it to my safehouse exhausted and hungry. I chowed down on army rations and slept. When I woke up.... the disciple had followed my scent and found my safehouse. The park to the east of me and the lower section of the house (thank god I barricaded a room up and slept in THAT room) were utterly destroyed. The first thing I hear after I wait one time? 14728 You hear someone breaking furniture 13 tiles to the SW. Dear god.

EDIT: Oh god, it is looping around. 7 tiles to the W.

EDIT2: OH MY GOD NATIONAL GUARD. Should I run to them? I have plenty of medikits and 15 military rations....
« Last Edit: June 07, 2010, 08:04:59 pm by Mono124 »

Jesse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: June 07, 2010, 08:20:32 pm »

I was on day 8 when I decided to start cleaning the streets of zombies.  I ran into a biker gang that had turned into zombies.  I decided to kill em all!  8)
I killed 4 in a row with my shovel before I retreated behind down a hallway and pulled out my rifle looted from a soldier.  I shot 3 down before I ran out of ammo, then I proceed to use my shovel again!  I killed two more then retreated into the streets, and proceed to kill the last two.... when a skeleton burst out of the adjacent window and killed me....  :'(.  It was Completely worth it. 
~Jesse

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: June 07, 2010, 08:29:23 pm »

We should get solo good hero bikers for a change :P.

Also that huge district reminded me of Nights of the Dead warcraft map. If only I could change graphics to more gloomy one, I would draw ALL of them :).
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: June 07, 2010, 08:33:26 pm »

Well the national guard are a bit of a wet noodle. They don't do much and get stuck in parks.

EDIT: HOLY CRAP. One of them got stuck in a room and I was running from a disciple. It killed the disciple in two shots.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: June 07, 2010, 08:40:54 pm »

Disciples are actualy more fragile then master zombies, but they're faster and hurt alot more. They're dangerous because they can actualy keep up with you.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 66