Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 66

Author Topic: Rogue survivor: Roguelike Sandbox Zombie Game!  (Read 128247 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Rogue survivor: Roguelike Sandbox Zombie Game!
« Reply #735 on: July 11, 2010, 07:35:26 pm »

This is slowly but surely turning into Left 4 Killing Dead Rising Floor 2: The Rougelike.
Fixed :D

Double Fixed.  :D
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: July 11, 2010, 07:36:28 pm »

New item: Camera

Take pictures of zombies to get more points

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: July 11, 2010, 08:01:39 pm »

Fund it.

Also, a sleeping bag should paralyze you for a round when you wake up, since you zip it up, and to use it you'd have to drop it on the ground first.

So it would heal you, but it'd also make you really vulnerable, and you might lose it if attacked.  Don't pick bad places to sleep, though, and it's great.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: July 11, 2010, 08:12:12 pm »

Fund it.

Also, a sleeping bag should paralyze you for a round when you wake up, since you zip it up, and to use it you'd have to drop it on the ground first.

So it would heal you, but it'd also make you really vulnerable, and you might lose it if attacked.  Don't pick bad places to sleep, though, and it's great.
That sounds good.

quintin522

• Bay Watcher
  • [FLYING_SPAGHETTI_MONSTER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: July 11, 2010, 09:16:41 pm »

Fund it.

That sounds good.
I agree. With the sewers coming in the next update, these would be handy as I seriously doubt there will be any beds down there.
"I can't bleed to death now, I don't have time!"
Urist McExplorer, bolding going where no dwarf has OH GAWD THE MAGMA IT BURNSSSss..

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: July 11, 2010, 09:25:50 pm »

Fund it.

That sounds good.
I agree. With the sewers coming in the next update, these would be handy as I seriously doubt there will be any beds down there.
either sleeping bags, or the ability to make beds out of enough peices of wood.... in my games by day 15 there's always no beds left...
Nom nom nom

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: July 11, 2010, 09:40:26 pm »

I don't think sleeping in sewer filth is a good idea, sleeping bag or not.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

quintin522

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: July 11, 2010, 09:58:36 pm »

I don't think sleeping in sewer filth is a good idea, sleeping bag or not.
You wouldnt be sleeping in sewer filth, there are rooms down there.
Urist McExplorer, bolding going where no dwarf has OH GAWD THE MAGMA IT BURNSSSss..

Mechanoid

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTELLIGENT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: July 12, 2010, 01:01:26 am »

Some park benches could have a higher health metal version.

For beds, the important part of a bed isn't the frame, but the matress; when a bed is "destroyed" it should be the frame that goes first. (metal frame beds should also exist) This means beds could have two health bars: One for the frame, and one for the matress. The way the matress works as i see it, is that it's a really big medkit, with alot of health that it can give you but only slowly. If you use the bed while injured, you use the medkit (and bleed all over it) and eventually it becomes an unusable mess. Vomiting and having something die over the matress should also damage its health (or lighting it on fire) Otherwise, the matress cannot be destroyed, but can be pushed around.
Even when the matress "dies" from use, it becomes a skeletal metal-spring version which is really crappy (1/9th normal) but infinite use, and stacks with use of a sleeping bag (2/9ths normal?) to 1/3rd a normal matress.
Quote from: Max White
"Have all the steel you want!", says Toady, "It won't save your ass this time!"

quintin522

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: July 12, 2010, 01:41:28 am »

Some park benches could have a higher health metal version.

For beds, the important part of a bed isn't the frame, but the matress; when a bed is "destroyed" it should be the frame that goes first. (metal frame beds should also exist) This means beds could have two health bars: One for the frame, and one for the matress. The way the matress works as i see it, is that it's a really big medkit, with alot of health that it can give you but only slowly. If you use the bed while injured, you use the medkit (and bleed all over it) and eventually it becomes an unusable mess. Vomiting and having something die over the matress should also damage its health (or lighting it on fire) Otherwise, the matress cannot be destroyed, but can be pushed around.
Even when the matress "dies" from use, it becomes a skeletal metal-spring version which is really crappy (1/9th normal) but infinite use, and stacks with use of a sleeping bag (2/9ths normal?) to 1/3rd a normal matress.
This just made me realize that matresses are the best zombie barricades. Think about it. They cant smash them down or claw through it.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: July 12, 2010, 02:20:20 am »

This is slowly but surely turning into Left 4 Killing Dead Rising Floor 2: The Roguelike.
Perpetuated :D

Double Perpetuated.  :D

Fixed.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: July 12, 2010, 09:23:40 am »

You now what we need? Some sort of item to affect our scent, either to lower it or get rid of it completely in a certain area. It would be much more useful now that scents last longer. (It would allow you to keep a base past day 10 or so.)

ibot66

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: July 12, 2010, 10:53:29 am »

...Dung?...could affect your neusea  meter...

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: July 12, 2010, 10:53:55 am »

It would be nice if we could get maps.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: July 12, 2010, 03:21:31 pm »

More updates. I'm going to have fun opening and closing gates.
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 66