Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 66

Author Topic: Rogue survivor: Roguelike Sandbox Zombie Game!  (Read 128350 times)

nichaey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rogue survivor: Roguelike Sandbox Zombie Game!
« Reply #585 on: June 28, 2010, 07:34:33 pm »

Ok, this is an older version,  (before ammo) where I think I pretty much won the game.

All skills maxed.

I was holed up in a char office that had.
-A fridge blocking the first 1 width entrance.
-a cabinet where each door used to be
- a fridge where the door the the rearmost room was (my sleeping quarters)

My stocks included

90 army rations
19 groceries
10 health packs

I had the following full guns
11 shotguns
7 pistols
21 army pistols
5 hunting rifles

I finally got bored of killing all of the zombies in my blocks and the surrounding blocks, and stopped bothering with army drops. So I took off my armour and fed myself to the zombies

69800 points and just under 500 kills.

Next version!
Blood For The Blood God!......Skulls For His Skull Throne!

debvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: June 28, 2010, 08:25:03 pm »

Is there a way to pick up items without using the mouse? IE a hotkey?

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: June 28, 2010, 09:44:42 pm »

Ok, this is an older version,  (before ammo) where I think I pretty much won the game.

All skills maxed.

I was holed up in a char office that had.
-A fridge blocking the first 1 width entrance.
-a cabinet where each door used to be
- a fridge where the door the the rearmost room was (my sleeping quarters)

My stocks included

90 army rations
19 groceries
10 health packs

I had the following full guns
11 shotguns
7 pistols
21 army pistols
5 hunting rifles

I finally got bored of killing all of the zombies in my blocks and the surrounding blocks, and stopped bothering with army drops. So I took off my armour and fed myself to the zombies

69800 points and just under 500 kills.

Next version!

Congrats! Now try setting the difficulty at two hundred (or higher)! Instant FUN!

Is there a way to pick up items without using the mouse? IE a hotkey?

If there is, I haven't found it. It's best you just keep your mouse of the RSUD (Right-side user display).
"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: June 28, 2010, 10:00:32 pm »

I am motivated to play this, let's have some fun.

debvon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: June 29, 2010, 10:00:20 am »

I was doing EXTREMELY well in my last game. I had a very safe house that was stocked with 7 medkits, a BUNCH of blue and green pills (although I never used them), 20 or so bandages, at least 30 army rations, a ton of shotgun, rifle, and heavy pistol ammo, and a little trash heap in the corner. And of course a bed!

My guy had army body armor, an army pistol, a giant hammer, a shotgun, a rifle, and at any given time I'd have one stack of primary ammo for my rifle. This was looking to be a VERY long game, I was having no trouble at all with anything. Zombie masters? No prob.. Gangstas? No prob.. Bikers? That slaps me on the knee. Black ops? No.. oh wait. Yes problem.

I was exploring and I bumped into a couple of black ops fellows.. I got shot once by one of them and I went down like a ton of bricks. These guys are insanely dangerous.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: June 29, 2010, 10:32:56 am »

I was doing EXTREMELY well in my last game. I had a very safe house that was stocked with 7 medkits, a BUNCH of blue and green pills (although I never used them), 20 or so bandages, at least 30 army rations, a ton of shotgun, rifle, and heavy pistol ammo, and a little trash heap in the corner. And of course a bed!

My guy had army body armor, an army pistol, a giant hammer, a shotgun, a rifle, and at any given time I'd have one stack of primary ammo for my rifle. This was looking to be a VERY long game, I was having no trouble at all with anything. Zombie masters? No prob.. Gangstas? No prob.. Bikers? That slaps me on the knee. Black ops? No.. oh wait. Yes problem.

I was exploring and I bumped into a couple of black ops fellows.. I got shot once by one of them and I went down like a ton of bricks. These guys are insanely dangerous.

You may want to spoiler some more stuff on that post.

"OH NO! That carp is gulping at me menacingly, even though it cannot really threaten me from here on land!  I KNOW! I'll dodge into the water, where I'll be safe!"

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: June 29, 2010, 10:36:43 am »

Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: June 29, 2010, 10:38:55 am »

*SNIP*

Hm, I guess I do input commands too fast.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: June 29, 2010, 01:01:32 pm »

I survived for a Day and 6 hours, this game is tough going.  Is it wise to start making a permanent base or should I always be moving?  Because I need a source of food if I want to do the former.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: June 29, 2010, 02:05:03 pm »

I survived for a Day and 6 hours, this game is tough going.  Is it wise to start making a permanent base or should I always be moving?  Because I need a source of food if I want to do the former.
good idea is to keep moving for the first two days, then when you find a good defensible location, with a store that has food nearby (or the store itself) barracade the crap outta it, and only go out during daytime for quick ammo/weapons runs.
Nom nom nom

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: June 29, 2010, 03:17:21 pm »

True story :'(

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: June 29, 2010, 03:21:40 pm »

Spoiler: Im at Day 7 (click to show/hide)

Holding up at one place is the best god damn idea ever.  I'm overflowing with food, ammo, etc.

Shiv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: June 29, 2010, 03:32:56 pm »

Just in case anyone is doing the same stupid thing I was, I'm going to post it here:

When you push something, you don't have to push it in the same direction you're facing.  Just do 'P'ush, then select the direction of the thing you want to push, then select the direction you want to push it.   Makes moving shit around a LOT easier plus you can use stuff that's jammed up against the walls. 
I still don't think I'm crazy enough to play this game properly.

Creamcorn

• Bay Watcher
  • [FANCIFUL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: June 29, 2010, 05:05:31 pm »

1. 42 military rations, 15 bandages, 3 medical kits, a * !^#&*@#, cellphone, some hunting rifle bullets and three fully loaded army pistols.
2. 76 rifle cartridges, two medkits, army-body armor, 26 heavy handgun cartridges and a loaded army pistol.
3. My PC "Cody Jones" civilian man with two first names. Going on day 23.
4. Companion "Sarah Irvin" civilian woman with two first names too. Has been with me since day 22.

Jesus, my guy looks like some sorta EMO. :-\

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: June 29, 2010, 05:08:21 pm »

Jesus, my guy looks like some sorta EMO. :-\
well known fact, due to the self inflicted injuries, depressed attitude, and old scars, emos are usually unnoticed by zombies due to the zombies confusion on whether they are living or dead.
Nom nom nom
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 66