Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 66

Author Topic: Rogue survivor: Roguelike Sandbox Zombie Game!  (Read 128421 times)

Xotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Rogue survivor: Roguelike Sandbox Zombie Game!
« Reply #465 on: June 18, 2010, 07:26:56 am »

If you're taking suggestions, just one thing I'd like added is that if you're near an NPC with a flashlight equipped and your vision's impaired (weather, night, so on), your LOS is increased as long as you stay near them.
Quote from: Josephus
"Compatibility mode", dude. If he tries running it under "capatability mode" some terrible thing involving elder gods will probably happen.
Quote from: Aqizzar
You say that like it's not a good time to discuss weird people. It's always a good time to discuss weird people.
Quote from: freeformschooler
I was like, ha, this looks like a pretty dumb and boring game. I was so wrong. Gentlemen, I have discovered true fun.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: June 18, 2010, 09:49:39 am »

I would really like some minor modding, at least name change for monsters. I would like to replace skeletons with zombie dogs because I don't like a "magical" theme with skeletons and demons, I can still do it with graphics but I can't change their name :).

Also, would it be possible to replace "cars on fire" with "trucks"? It makes no sense that they burn for 40 days, and trucks would be really fitting, because they would block the passage because of they height, they would look good (there're only common cars everywhere) and they would make much more sense than constantly burning cars.

P.S. Thank you very much for making customizable tiles, I really love to draw for games :D.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: June 18, 2010, 10:54:04 am »

I'd say my biggest follower AI issuesis being unable to manage their inventory effectively. It would be nice if we could tell them to drop everything and then give them what they need.

It is possible to do as described above by just taking the time to trade them food until they offer you those 3 crowbars.

Other than that I guess I would say putting a value on items for AI would be smart. If they see a higher value item they try to swap it out. When they are hungry food becomes the highest value item.

Also, I'd like to repeat the call for 2 story buildings. That way when the shit hits the fan you can run up the stairs and jump out the window.

Maybe towards day 25 you could get an end game event that says "Rescue is arriving, Make it to this district in 6 days or live forever in Zombie land.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: June 18, 2010, 11:58:41 am »

Two things:

First, about the A.I. They need better baricading skills. I have never seen a human barricade at all. They should barricade the room they are in before sleeping. (Or something like that.)

Second, a question. My current guy is in a CHAR office. (No CHAR guards though.) Tons of ammo, food, medikits etc. The problem is that the only thing between me and the zombies is a barricaded door. Sure, they never barely attack it, but the problem is that there is little room to move. If they come through, I'm close to dead. So, should I move my large hoard to my other safe house (Which has a bed, and three layers of shelfs, but no door), or stay where I am? Or perhaps reinforce the CHAR office? Any ideas?

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: June 18, 2010, 01:26:41 pm »

All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: June 18, 2010, 01:30:56 pm »

As in? What makes a better safe house?

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: June 18, 2010, 01:35:14 pm »

I like to break into char offices grab what ever I can, and then barracade them when I leave so they can't be looted.

Grab everything you can and drag it back to your main safe house. When you go out next only take a gun, extra amo, a med kit, and armor. Waste the ammo in any guns you run across (why not?). Rampage. Rinse repeat.

In my current game I have a pretty nice safehouse with two layers of shelfs infront of the front door and an inner cube protecting my stash of food, weapons, and medkits. I sleep with a shotgun.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: June 18, 2010, 01:41:32 pm »

I like to break into char offices grab what ever I can, and then barracade them when I leave so they can't be looted.

Grab everything you can and drag it back to your main safe house. When you go out next only take a gun, extra amo, a med kit, and armor. Waste the ammo in any guns you run across (why not?). Rampage. Rinse repeat.

In my current game I have a pretty nice safehouse with two layers of shelfs infront of the front door and an inner cube protecting my stash of food, weapons, and medkits. I sleep with a shotgun.

That's what I was thinking of doing. (except maybe the rampage part.)

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: June 18, 2010, 02:02:57 pm »

Oh, devpost, cool.

I'd like to first mention I like your sprites.  :x  Magic-theme zombies I can dig, also.

As of now, the one thing that bugs me most about the game is how other survivors will steal your crap and then have the audacity to try to sell it to you.  If I bust a chair for barricades, he'll hop on it and gank it.  It's also a problem for leaving caches in a safehouse, as if someone wanders in, or the unaligned guys sitting around inside get into it, all your crap's stolen.

Taking stuff from a stash someplace is pretty understandable, but standing next to some dude and waiting 'till he busts through a table, then leaping on the remains and taking off is not.

How about, after breaking something, it's marked with a short  "ownership" timer?  As long as you're in sight, other survivors will disregard it, and if you move out of sight, then they'll pick it up.  If you come back (say, you felt it pressing to gun down the zombie menace outside before shuffling your inventory around or whatever) and the timer's still on, you can tell the guy to drop it, which he may or may not.

Dropped items still in your field of view could possibly also be marked with an ownership thing.

...It would be handy to just add in the ability to attack them, though.  Sometimes they piss me off.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: June 18, 2010, 02:06:07 pm »

The author teachs us to embrace the communism! :D That's the only way for the humanity to survive in case of the zombie apocalypse.

Meanwhile I am slowly working on a more "hi-tech" or futuristic theme for the city. It's quite refreshing to play in different environments. Also I've changed skeletons to zombie dogs in this tileset. I wish I could change their names :D.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Shiv

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: June 18, 2010, 02:10:35 pm »

They should take the food and eat when hungry.
The only reason they do not :
1. Their directives is set to "don't take items".
2. Their inventory is full. Most likely you gave them too much items, because they are supposed to always keep one slot free for food.
3. You gave them an order to guard/patrol and let them rot here with no food.
4. They are in danger and don't have time to eat (unlikely).

I think the only thing that it could be (because 1 and 3 aren't even triggered, and 4 isn't likely as there's no zombies around) is 2, but even when they do have an empty slot, they don't pick up food.  Or rather, they pick it up, but they don't SAVE it.  They immediately eat the food and then its wasted.  If they'd pick up food and save it for when they're hungry (or to just have a spare), it'd be much better. 
I still don't think I'm crazy enough to play this game properly.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: June 18, 2010, 02:31:04 pm »

That's what I want the street to look like:

Of course I have to rework all the furniture (well except for the fridge, it looks fine) and change cars to futuristic ones, and weapons to energy weapons.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: June 18, 2010, 02:48:06 pm »

Ahah, that's awesome.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: June 18, 2010, 03:22:13 pm »

I've made doors and windows as well as other minor things. And I think TODAY I will sleep :>.

▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: June 18, 2010, 03:28:45 pm »

Make an x-com tileset, with cryssalids instead of zombies! And turn the military into x-com agents and the bikers into sectoids.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 66