Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 66

Author Topic: Rogue survivor: Roguelike Sandbox Zombie Game!  (Read 128429 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Rogue survivor: Roguelike Sandbox Zombie Game!
« Reply #345 on: June 10, 2010, 04:41:23 am »

Damnit. The game freaked out on me at turn 18345. An integer overflow, perhaps?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: June 10, 2010, 06:06:31 am »

Just try to save to avoid that.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: June 10, 2010, 06:09:47 am »

It's a bit late for that now. Besides, saving tempts me to save scum.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Jude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: June 10, 2010, 01:45:30 pm »

Been trying to get it to work. Updated DirectX and those two .Net things, but it still crashes to a big red X after genning the world. The last thing the readme recommends is updating my video card drivers. Not sure how to do that, much less know what video card I have. I'm using a borrowed netbook. Any idea how I could do this? Game looks awesome.
Quote from: Raphite1
I once started with a dwarf that was "belarded by great hanging sacks of fat."

Oh Jesus

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: June 10, 2010, 03:38:32 pm »

So, I was thinking about a challenge we could have. It would have distinct option settings, and we would see who would survive the longest. Ive been playing around with this certain option setting for a while, and so far, ive survived for more than two days!

Options:

Start with defaults. Put max Civ. to 10, and max undead at 200.

Its pretty tough. I usually die because the zombie masters get like 5 zombies following them, and the zombie masters keep following me, eventually I cant find a place to sleep and die.

So, challenge time. Who can survive the longest? Or who can kill the most zombies? So, we will just go by scores. Kill scores and survival scores.

Print screen your scores or whatever when you die. Sadly, since I didnt start the topic, I cant exactly update it with the challenge scores.

"Edit" also, to add to the weapon discussion...I prefer melee weapons. With agile 3 + strong 3, its a pretty good mode of destroying zombies. A backup gun incase you run out of stamina helps too.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 03:42:52 pm by Orb »
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: June 10, 2010, 04:13:25 pm »

there is plenty of food to go around. I dont think you really need to worry about it. Just be sure to get light eater maxed.

Also I think there is a way to win. Get all skills up to level 3. I dont know how many days that is though.

35 days. I got all my skills up to 3 on my last run.
Well then I guess you win. What happens the next day?

Nothing. It just keeps going.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: June 10, 2010, 04:35:27 pm »

there is plenty of food to go around. I dont think you really need to worry about it. Just be sure to get light eater maxed.

Also I think there is a way to win. Get all skills up to level 3. I dont know how many days that is though.

35 days. I got all my skills up to 3 on my last run.
Well then I guess you win. What happens the next day?

Nothing. It just keeps going.

Zombie apocalypse does not magically go away. 
And seeing that the National Guard comes here, to their inevitable doom on a regular basis... You have no out except for a bullet.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: June 10, 2010, 04:37:50 pm »

It would be interesting if, when you've maxed out, the military plans to nuke the whole city, and you have a few days to get to a defined exit point to "Win" the game. Sort of like DOOMRL. Or perhaps two modes, one where that happens and one where you just play on in perpetuity.

My biggest problem is zombie apocalypse survival games is that they're most fun at the beginning and in the middle...but then end always exposes the "what now?" problem.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: June 10, 2010, 04:39:42 pm »

This is probably glaringly obvious, but how does one find the screenshots you have taken?
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: June 10, 2010, 04:40:52 pm »

Or maybe after a certain amount of time the army starts going district by district with flamethrowers and high-powered rifles, systematically clearing out the city, infected or otherwise.  Then you have to stay ahead of them.
Shoes...

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: June 10, 2010, 04:45:24 pm »

National Guard/Army "invasions" appear to have a relationship with the # of zombies. Concidering I have like 190 zombies on my map, the 4 army appearences happened at once, 3 national guard, 1 army.

Jervous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: June 10, 2010, 05:17:11 pm »

This is probably glaringly obvious, but how does one find the screenshots you have taken?

My Documents.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: June 10, 2010, 05:18:59 pm »

I hope he implements something where you can pick what kind of zombies show up, or at least a "No Neophytes or Disciples" option.  I can't stand evolving zombies, it's a deal-breaker for me.
Shoes...

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: June 10, 2010, 05:34:53 pm »

My Documents.

Didnt find it, oh well. Its not hard to print screen anyway.

Also, for my challenge, heres what I got.

I was doing pretty well. After finding a HUGE char office(it had atleast 15 shotguns), I was pretty set. Shotgunned what guards were in there, and it became my hideout. After that, using the shotguns, I headed out and blasted zombies for a while, exploring the area. The national guards and such were quite helpful, for a day or two.  Eventually, I head back home and find zombies all over the entrance. After blasting them up, I finely get inside, to find more zombies. I was sleepy now, and I wanted to hurry up and sleep. Blasted a few more zombies(the place, as mentioned before, was huge, it could hide tons of zombies), I found one of the rooms containing medpacks. I was low on health. I entered the room, where a disciple had snuck up behind me and killed me. Did pretty well if I may say so myself.

"Fake Edit" I just noticed. Scoring % doesnt work. As you can see, it says 100%, but should be around 400%.

Fikes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: June 10, 2010, 05:43:24 pm »

This game is okay, but I agree with everyone who says zombie masters, disciples, and neophytes are stupid. I think Dead rising had the right idea. Tons and tons and tons of zombies, all of which are slow and stupid. You can't kill them all, but you can out run them.

This game will be better when:

You can go up to the second floor and jump out of a barricaded house.
You can set traps and wake up when your defenses are being broken.
Special infected are removed.
There is a better base building aspect.

I also agree that it would be cool if the Zombies when somewhat dormant during the day. That way you'd have a few hours to gather supplies before you had to run back, hide, and defend. I know someone already brought this up.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 66