Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 66

Author Topic: Rogue survivor: Roguelike Sandbox Zombie Game!  (Read 128339 times)

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
Re: Rogue survivor: Roguelike Sandbox Zombie Game!
« Reply #195 on: June 06, 2010, 01:38:05 pm »

Is there some way to remove ammo from guns? It's annoying to have to carry 3 pistols with 2 bullets each when we can save the space by just removing the ammo and stacking them.

Am I the only one that finds it odd that dropping an item takes one turn while equipping an item doesn't?

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: June 06, 2010, 01:56:43 pm »

What I hate is spawning in a bed and having a cell phone, a baseball bat, a pistol, a shotgun, and 3 groceries right next to you... and you also have 3 civilians in the room. You get the cell phone, they get everything else.
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

kulik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: June 06, 2010, 02:08:31 pm »

I once had 3 layers of shelf+full caded shop doors. While I was asleep a disiple broke ALL OF IT and killed me. Difficultcy is one thing, but THAT is another story(how the hell did that NOT wake me up?)

Having granted that you wake up when zombie comes near would destroy the whole tension around sleep in this game. You could pretty much sleep on the street. Now if we talk about being more prone to wake to noises, well its a different story.

kulik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: June 06, 2010, 02:31:49 pm »

215% difficulty that's a nightmare!  :D

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: June 06, 2010, 03:02:03 pm »

Is alpha 3 supposed to have a minimap?
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: June 06, 2010, 03:06:55 pm »

Right side under your inventory and skill list, it's uncovered as you explore.

kholhaus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pissed and Inspired
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: June 06, 2010, 03:22:36 pm »

unless it's broken.

like mine..

CURRENT GAME:
I have done quite well for myself, spending skills on high-stamina in case I run into a mob I can't handle.
I had a run in with a highly-infested area, zombies all around, so I ran south to my safehouse. It was broken into and human blood-stains everywhere. Being cautious, I decided to instead move my safehouse to the Grocery store and 'cade myself in, making a little hut of shelves to sleep in. Nothing happened on my 3 sleeps there, eating and surviving, but on the end of the 3rd sleep I got a notification that the National Guard had arrived! I was so happy. I moved the shelving out of the way and ran towards the location, kiting zombies with my huge hammer and shovel. When I reached them, I caded ourselves in what was left of the building. I now have an army pistol, I think the guards ran into a bit of trouble. And here we are! I'll keep you posted.

EDIT: Holy shit, I now have 4 active National Guard squads in the area. I think there may be one disciple around, but I'm unsure at this point. I just hope that I can manage to take it down when it finds me, as I don't want all the doors and windows destroyed.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 03:31:24 pm by kholhaus »
Kholhaus has been inspired recently.
Kholhaus has lost a favorite to tragedy recently.

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: June 06, 2010, 03:30:58 pm »

Well, RS crashed earlier today, I've destroyed every trace of it from my system and tried to reinstall it, but whenever I try it says the application could not be launched. Any ideas?
Hello Hunam

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: June 06, 2010, 03:52:11 pm »

Well in my current game I have had no army drops or national guard activity (as far as I know). It has been 7 days and 6 hours since Z-Day. I have two followers. Here are our stats and items.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I started off with leadership, got Monica, and slept to the morning. I then got leadership to level 2 and got Lars. We ran to the shopping district and looted gun stores grabbing guns and boarding up the doors so the other civilians didn't steal the guns. The shopping district has a 8x8 gun store and a 12x12 gun store. We then went to the first grocery store that had about 8 groceries in it and slept there (eating them of course), and we are now in another grocery store that has 5 groceries left (so in total we have 8 groceries). I hope that we get a national guard or an army drop soon or else we will run out of food.

EDIT: Spoilered for length. Also, I just ran out and we dashed across town trying to find food. Found a general store that kept us from dying from starvation, although we are exhausted and can't sleep.

EDIT2: Monica was just killed by a zombie and turned into one. Me and Lars killed them with shotguns. Most of the town is dead from starvation. All the townspeople I do see are exhausted and starving, and most of them die on my screen from starvation. I have checked out the entire shopping district and no food is left. The residential districts are ransacked and zombies run rampant there. I really, really, hope the army supplies us soon or else I will die due to starvation.

EDIT3: Wow, became hungry and was exhausted and Lars was in the same condition as me. Ran into a zombified biker gang. We killed them all, but Lars became a zombie before the last biker went down and attacked me to 1 health. I killed him. I had no ammo, no food, no medikits, no bandages, no anything, and only 100 food left in my bar. Long story short, I ran into a house when it hit midnight and zombies started invading. Died due to starvation. Lived 13 days 7 hours. :'(
« Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 04:16:57 pm by Mono124 »

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
  • The Master of Apples. IT IS AN APPLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: June 06, 2010, 04:11:57 pm »

Well, RS crashed earlier today, I've destroyed every trace of it from my system and tried to reinstall it, but whenever I try it says the application could not be launched. Any ideas?
You need to have uninstalled it.
PSN: SirAppleforth. Add me and say you're from Bay12!

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: June 06, 2010, 04:27:20 pm »

I've destroyed every trace of it from my system
This means Add&Remove programs too
Hello Hunam

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: June 06, 2010, 05:01:15 pm »

Looks like I missed a whole lot, since I last played.
Trying out the new version tomorrow.

So how is it?
Is it actually hard now?

Ringmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: June 06, 2010, 05:10:26 pm »

It's quite easy to ramp up the difficulty to 223% and survive for at least 3 weeks. Just take the number of civilians down to the minimum, along with the number of zombies. This means less civilians are around to steal supplies from you, and since the game considers less civilians to be more difficult (I don't quite know why) it pushes the difficult easily up to 200%

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: June 06, 2010, 05:22:38 pm »

ha second game I played, ended up with a shovel, 2 shotguns, guard armor, and a medkit by day 2, and all the bad guys at the business district got cleared out, so I just dragged a bed into the corps office, and only ran out fo food, ccause there were hundreds of medkits and guns laying around, no problem got to week 5 when the game crashed...
Nom nom nom

kholhaus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pissed and Inspired
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: June 06, 2010, 05:32:57 pm »

IIRC, Beds don't do anything, do they? I always sleep on the ground...
Kholhaus has been inspired recently.
Kholhaus has lost a favorite to tragedy recently.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 66