Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 66

Author Topic: Rogue survivor: Roguelike Sandbox Zombie Game!  (Read 128302 times)

cerapa

• Bay Watcher
  • It wont bite....unless you are the sun.
    • View Profile
Re: Rogue survivor: Roguelike Sandbox Zombie Game!
« Reply #180 on: June 06, 2010, 04:42:57 am »

An awesome thing happened in my newest game.

I had a little safe house. Barricaded 3 rooms in so that when something broke into the first or second room I could escape , it looked like an L . Anyway I was about to leave and apparently a huge amount of bikers had snuck into a room right above the last one(the house itself was a box of 2x2 rooms). So I retreated into the second room(lower left) and shot bikers with my pistols over a cupboard. Suddenly a neophyte came out of my 1st room right above me. It had broken in through a window. So I smashed a window and ran outside the house. I waited there for bit while blood appeared in the house. I went in and the whole place was covered in blood and biker corpses and zombies. Then I started running away and a group of zombies following a zombie master noticed me. So I retreated into a gun store that was right below my house. The biker zombies and zombie master zombies and the neophyte followed me there and I emptied the entire store shooting them all.

I survived to get killed by a disciple later.

> KILLS
  59 skeletons.
   9 zombies.
  20 zombified men.
   1 male neophyte.
   1 zombie master.
   2 dark zombies.
  10 bikers.

Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: June 06, 2010, 09:26:17 am »

In your opinions, what is the best place to stay in? I like to stay in CHAR offices, but they don't have beds. Then again, I normally go to a shopping district and move guns and groceries to another district where I have a safe CHAR bunker at.
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
  • The Master of Apples. IT IS AN APPLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: June 06, 2010, 09:37:02 am »

I literally am gonna have to avoid this thread cause it keeps doing the expection + red cross and it's refusing to work.
PSN: SirAppleforth. Add me and say you're from Bay12!

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: June 06, 2010, 09:54:13 am »

Also, anyone know why the minimap isn't working for me?
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: June 06, 2010, 09:55:40 am »

I usually avoid offices and choose stores instead. The shelves work as stronger barricades. Plus it gives me something to do instead of just waiting.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: June 06, 2010, 09:58:19 am »

Well I am currently hiding in a small house. I barricaded the outside windows and doors once, and then chose a room in the middle and barricaded it full. It has a bed and I have about 5 things of groceries so I am fine for now...
« Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 10:03:24 am by Mono124 »

kulik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: June 06, 2010, 11:40:52 am »

The one that increases your Max Sleep is somewhat useless, since it just means you have to sleep longer to fill it up as well.

In alpha 3 "Awake skill also increase sleep regeneration speed".

prism indigo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: June 06, 2010, 11:49:19 am »

I just started playing this today, So far my most successful one managed to last 2 days, I needed sleep after getting groceries, so I slept after closing all the doors (Except for one in the south, It was blocked by my single mook) He was than, after waking up, butchered to death by his now-zombie ally and a zombie with a hat. (Unsure of the name of those)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: June 06, 2010, 12:04:42 pm »

The hat ones are zombie masters.  I would give up the other bonuses for light sleeper if it woke you up when a hostile came within a certain distance.
Shoes...

kulik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: June 06, 2010, 12:32:24 pm »

The hat ones are zombie masters.  I would give up the other bonuses for light sleeper if it woke you up when a hostile came within a certain distance.

Or it could raise a chance to wake up if hostile comes within a certain distance. ...we don't want to make it too easy don't we? :)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: June 06, 2010, 12:36:31 pm »

We don't want to lose our three week survivor because a zombie decided to claw its way through our barricades with no provocation, do we?
Shoes...

kulik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: June 06, 2010, 01:19:39 pm »

We don't want to lose our three week survivor because a zombie decided to claw its way through our barricades with no provocation, do we?

Yes we do!!! ...sometimes you don't do anything wrong and yet shit happens. Tantrum spirals aren't fair eather but we still love them! :)

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: June 06, 2010, 01:24:31 pm »

Tantrum spirals can be stopped. Getting mauled to death while asleep can not.
Hello Hunam

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: June 06, 2010, 01:25:40 pm »

Yes we do!!! ...sometimes you don't do anything wrong and yet shit happens. Tantrum spirals aren't fair eather but we still love them! :)

You do, I don't.
Shoes...

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: June 06, 2010, 01:27:28 pm »

I once had 3 layers of shelf+full caded shop doors. While I was asleep a disiple broke ALL OF IT and killed me. Difficultcy is one thing, but THAT is another story(how the hell did that NOT wake me up?)
Hello Hunam
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 66