Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 66

Author Topic: Rogue survivor: Roguelike Sandbox Zombie Game!  (Read 128304 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Rogue survivor: Roguelike Sandbox Zombie Game!
« Reply #165 on: June 05, 2010, 08:28:43 pm »

Realistic?  Most people have a general idea how their town is laid out.  Granted, the zombies will wreck the place, but you should still know where the local supermarket is located.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 05, 2010, 08:30:26 pm »

I know it's a pipe dream, but an online version of this would be incredible.  Fifteen or twenty (or more?) players on a server, scattered throughout the city.  Find cell phones and coordinate, try to meet each other somewhere.  Get turned into a zombie and hunt your companions.
If more people show interest and provide me with a server, I can make a mud like that.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 05, 2010, 09:13:30 pm »

I guess I'll wait for a newer, more stable release. I looked into the issue I was having and everything is updated, from net framework to directX, and it refuses to load. Too bad, I've been looking for something like this for a while now.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 05, 2010, 09:49:30 pm »

Any tips on finding food?
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

Ringmaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 05, 2010, 10:10:24 pm »

Find a shopping district, look for grey walls around a building. Find the door, if it has pictures of groceries on the front, go in and hope nobody's beaten you to them.

Note: Trying to find somewhere that can resize these images.

Dervin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: June 05, 2010, 10:13:33 pm »

Those disciple things are really annoying, they keep breaking my barricades and killing me when I hide in grocery stores.

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 05, 2010, 10:19:01 pm »

Yeah. I just found 3 shotguns, 3 pistols, and 2 hunting rifles. I am going to gear up, find one of those military outposts, and kill them. Will be a bit easier to defend I am assuming. I will then build a small army.
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

kholhaus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pissed and Inspired
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: June 05, 2010, 10:24:52 pm »

Disciples are BEAST.
One hit full health with char armor on, and unloading shotgun blasts.

My current run went a bit awry.
I managed to find a Char building that was broken into. I found tons of dead CHAR guards, from disciples I'm guessing. There were medkits everywhere. I decided I would stockpile these medkits into a nearby safehouse. (I tried to make a safe-house in every district I visited.) It didn't go over that well. The 2nd run I had to escape from a zombie master and his mob, and got lost. I couldn't find my way back, and then midnight hit. I went into a house and blocked it off with furniture. Zombies busted through while I shot with my crossbow. I took down 5 zombies before they came in. I was low health, close to my last medkit. I go to replace the furniture and sleep. I wake up in the morning, 6 o'clock. Then, I find out I was just a couple tiles west of the safehouse I was going to use.

I really need my minimap fixed.  :'(
Kholhaus has been inspired recently.
Kholhaus has lost a favorite to tragedy recently.

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: June 05, 2010, 10:33:34 pm »

I just keep notepad open and put down the coordinates and district of my safe houses....

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: June 05, 2010, 10:50:02 pm »

I made a narrow escape from a disciple just now.  Unfortunately, another one found me again while I was rooting around a completely wrecked house, looking for someplace to get some Zs.  It gave me a turn to pray before it ate me.

I'd traveled half across the map to get to that wrecked house, because I heard an army patrol was there - was hoping to find them and hide behind them for a while.  I found them, but they were all zombies.  :(

It's kinda weird how the crossbows are loaded with three times as many huge bolts as the guns and their tiny bullets, but whatever.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

As fun as "Permanently running for my life forever" is, I think I'm gonna turn it down a bit.

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: June 05, 2010, 10:53:25 pm »

Anyway, something like this that is multiplayer would be great. The only problems I have the the A.I. on this game is that they are fairly stupid.

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: June 05, 2010, 11:05:10 pm »

Well, RS crashed earlier today, I've destroyed every trace of it from my system and tried to reinstall it, but whenever I try it says the application could not be launched. Any ideas?
Hello Hunam

kholhaus

• Bay Watcher
  • Pissed and Inspired
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: June 05, 2010, 11:21:02 pm »

Spoiler: 'On the run' Part 1 (click to show/hide)
This is just something that sparked from my mind. I may or may not continue.
Kholhaus has been inspired recently.
Kholhaus has lost a favorite to tragedy recently.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: June 05, 2010, 11:40:05 pm »

Disciples are BEAST.
One hit full health with char armor on, and unloading shotgun blasts.

My current run went a bit awry.
I managed to find a Char building that was broken into. I found tons of dead CHAR guards, from disciples I'm guessing. There were medkits everywhere. I decided I would stockpile these medkits into a nearby safehouse. (I tried to make a safe-house in every district I visited.) It didn't go over that well. The 2nd run I had to escape from a zombie master and his mob, and got lost. I couldn't find my way back, and then midnight hit. I went into a house and blocked it off with furniture. Zombies busted through while I shot with my crossbow. I took down 5 zombies before they came in. I was low health, close to my last medkit. I go to replace the furniture and sleep. I wake up in the morning, 6 o'clock. Then, I find out I was just a couple tiles west of the safehouse I was going to use.

I really need my minimap fixed.  :'(

Find a park and get spraypaint.  Spraypaint all over the walls of your safehouse, the tags show up yellow on the minimap.

I hate the new zombies, I hate the impossible difficulty, but I love everything else about the new version.  Darnit.
Shoes...

John Gaden

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: June 06, 2010, 03:20:41 am »

The one thing I would really like to see from this game? DF adventure mode style persistent world.

Generate a world, play a character, character dies via zombie. Create new character, enter same world, encounter same (now legendary) zombie.

I think that would make this game epic.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 66