yes, montage me
- 5 (83.3%)
Ok, montage them
- 1 (16.7%)
i really would rather not montage one week
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46

Author Topic: Fortress Mode: the RPG (is it dead or what lol?)  (Read 34502 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress Mode: the RPG (Migrants welcome.) SPRING!! DAY 42!
« Reply #645 on: November 26, 2010, 02:59:12 pm »

Please read my post all I want is black tar and wolfsbane basically

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: November 26, 2010, 03:17:47 pm »

I have read your post. You said you wanted to buy "all" the black tar and wolfsbane, which would presumably come out to thousands of dwarfbucks, since they have many doses of each. We cannot afford that.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: November 26, 2010, 03:21:48 pm »

Fine then i want to doses of wolfs bane and if there are any seeds to grow them i will buy two then i will but 6 doses of black tar there

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: November 26, 2010, 03:22:09 pm »

Most importantly for me, i dont know what you adwarf actually does want to sell. So really without any money to work with left, and being unwilling to use my suggestion, Im not gonna keep guessing though all the fortress valuables and instead I will keep going. Though If you offer something in trade i can slip the trade in with an edit.

The trading woman, regrets to inform you she is unable to give you any seeds. Most of the poisons are either her own recipe of arsenic, ground up beetles, excrement, and sulfur. But even the plants she uses wouldnt grow here, and the other poisons are extracted from animals.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2010, 03:26:15 pm by Hastur »

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: November 26, 2010, 03:25:17 pm »

I was going to trade with some silver  bars like one or two of them

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: November 26, 2010, 03:32:39 pm »

The trade is done (+2wolfsbane poison +6 Black Tar poison)

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: December 03, 2010, 01:40:11 am »

Hey players of mine, my school finals are over in like a few days more im really lacking in surplus motivation but i'll be back. DONT MISS ME TOO MUCH LOL. I shoulda probably said something when things first started looking grim for me eh?

Teaser:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: December 04, 2010, 04:50:36 am »

I think we've been doing quite well at waiting patiently. *grin* look forward to playing again soon.
This is Dwarf Fortress! If we can chuck magma at innocent wildlife, we can do ANYTHING!

It was at this point that I realised that dwarves are actually the essence of chaos. What else can make perpetual motion machines, recursive statues with more building materials than the average tower and has such a short attention span that a damn fine chair can off-set the death of their entire family.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: December 04, 2010, 05:00:48 am »

Ah yes, I'd meant to bump this. Perks sound interesting.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Ahra

• Bay Watcher
  • Immoveable, Indestuctible
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: December 08, 2010, 04:02:24 pm »

i would like to migrate
And then the horror hits: This was just spring.
We are SOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo fucked.
Quite fucked indeed.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: December 09, 2010, 03:52:19 pm »

Bump

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: December 11, 2010, 08:51:12 pm »

OK im back!... uhhh where was I? hmmm... well it looks like my vote is done THE WINNAR IS KEEP IS REALISTIC WITH 4 VOTES!

...working... ok bear with me i forgot how to play my own game..
hmm it seems i have no actions from anybody.........ok in that case MONTAGE!

MONTAGE MODE: all of week 2.

FACT:  Everyone-once in a while I will invoke a montage...
FACT: ... this one will progress time forward 7 days.
FACT: What i request from each player is awhoppping 14 shifts, as everyone works doubletime the whole week.
FACT: To balance this hard work out, I assume everyone eats and drinks double since we have plenty of food and drink at the moment.

In a montage you have the power of artistic licence. Describe the scenes of your character working his shifts
     Example: Oddom the Woodworker wishes to learn the fine art of axefighting, He Seizes his trusty felling axe and twirls it judging it for ballance...Imagining himself hewing those tall humans left and right he swings his axe to and fro in the privacy of his room...Soon grunts and panting can be heard echoing down the fortress hallways...In the end he twirls his axe standing dramatically on the peak of a volcano and swinging his axe at 2 target dummies to his left and right...The Dummies fall in front of him after a short delay, Oddom posing melodramatically... (Oddom uses all 14 shifts training axe- that contributes 114 hours to axe skill and may be enough to give him a permanent point in his skill)

NOTE: I will give a special bonus perk to anyone who presents an example of the music used for his montage, A link to youtube will do. Here is an example montage for inspiration http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JU9Uwhjlog8
A montage devoted entirely to training one skill will also up that skill, just make shure you have enough materials to practice it.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 01:50:07 am by Hastur »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: December 11, 2010, 09:17:51 pm »

THE WINNAR IS KEEP IS REALISTIC WITH 4 VOTES!
Damn youuuuuuuuuu though I don't think I ever voted so it's hard to complain but stiiillllllllll!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: December 13, 2010, 01:48:42 am »

Introducing Locales!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: December 21, 2010, 01:56:19 pm »

(I'm here guys, even if im not bothering to log in. Its ok if your busy, but i got all my stuff done once my classes ended, so dont stop for my sake)
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46