yes, montage me
- 5 (83.3%)
Ok, montage them
- 1 (16.7%)
i really would rather not montage one week
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 46

Author Topic: Fortress Mode: the RPG (is it dead or what lol?)  (Read 34529 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress Mode: the RPG (Migrants welcome.) SPRING DAY 41
« Reply #615 on: November 21, 2010, 03:37:35 pm »

Oh ok that make more sense then i will spend one shift eating drinking and sleeping and 2 shifts digging the trenches around the wall if i get all the way around to where i started then i will dig trench to dwarf size depth ( after i get a lader to get me out of course )

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: November 23, 2010, 11:11:32 pm »

Cog, and Cog, being the most charismatic. ask first for the weights and measures. Paying an agreeable sum. Then they go through the shopping list, wheighing and second guessing some of the measurements. This tests the patience of the shrouded woman, a deifinate mistake on her part, as she gives a few more goods just to speed the process along.

The tame rat squeeks and hops repeatedly in its cage.

The goat is male It could be butchered for about 10 days of food, including fat and bonemarrow. Depending on how skillfully it is butchered

The Black kitten retreats back into a nearby corner whole nobody is looking.

You gain 8 doses of Khat. One dose will allow you to skip sleep, more might transport you to a magical place of rainbows and unicorns.

(-40$) The songbird Flies happily around and chirps repeatedly. it is various Hues of blue along its back

The Caged brownie looks out mournfully from behind bars. It had big ears and nose that stick out of a full whispy beard. It has small reflective beady eyes, A wrinkly forehead, and a bald crown of dark hair. (yes it is a kind of fairie)

The shrouded woman seems pleased with her new more easily transported goods. She pulls Cog aside as the rest take the newly aquired goods back to the fortress from the hastily assembled rocks they call a trade depot. Cog is directed to a chest in the back. "You folks are more prosperous than you look. I'd like to show you these. They are rare indeed, take a look."

The mystery chest contains.
A vial of fairy sparkles 500
A  flask of snakeman venom 400
A monkeys paw  600
A demons horn 1200
jar of Vampire Dust 1000
Bottle of Absinthe 80
Iron Flask containing Shadow 400
Urn of Liquid Fire 200
Brazier containing a fiery jinn 1600
Gargoyle hoof 1400

« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 11:16:56 pm by Hastur »

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: November 23, 2010, 11:16:16 pm »

That Khat stuff seems pretty great. 10 dwarfbucks for 8 hours of work. I think we should load up on that after we buy whatever people want from the mystery chest, what do you guys think?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: November 23, 2010, 11:49:55 pm »

Ooooh, which Cog did she show the chest to?

Either way, that stuff looks nifty. I have no idea what it does, but I want it. :P

EDIT: Also, I'm wary of khat. It's a drug after all, it likely has side effects from too much use.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 11:54:30 pm by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: November 23, 2010, 11:58:01 pm »

Khat is an actual plant, people chew it like tobacco in some countries. Anyways, we probably shouldn't become die-hard Khat junkies, but maybe once every 3 days will be useful? I think we should stock up while we can, in case the traders don't come for a long time.
What do you want? It's the first day of spring, maybe we could unload our extra clothing if there's anything that really catches your eye?

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: November 24, 2010, 12:07:01 am »

Nothing comes to mind that would be of use.
This is Dwarf Fortress! If we can chuck magma at innocent wildlife, we can do ANYTHING!

It was at this point that I realised that dwarves are actually the essence of chaos. What else can make perpetual motion machines, recursive statues with more building materials than the average tower and has such a short attention span that a damn fine chair can off-set the death of their entire family.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: November 24, 2010, 12:19:31 am »

Irony, Labs, Adwarf, Nirur, you guys want anything?

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: November 24, 2010, 01:06:37 am »

Ooooh, which Cog did she show the chest to?

Either, OR BOTH. also you may look over more closely or ask questions about the items.

Hrodegr: "OOoo lets get that brass puzzlebox! I've got a feelin' about it. Good things will come of this, im pretty shure."

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: November 24, 2010, 01:09:36 am »

Hrodegr knew about the haunted table, I vote we buy the puzzlebox.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: November 24, 2010, 01:27:36 am »

Haunted puzzle box, alright...

I'd like to ask about the liquid fire. Could you open the jar and use it as an infinite lantern, or does it run out? What if you pour it on/in something?

Also would like to know about demon horn and vampire dust. And jar of shadow, and fairy dust, and gargoyle hoof... :-\
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: November 24, 2010, 02:25:58 am »

tell me where you want all the furniture.

Oh and Liquid fire if placed in a translucent container looks like a lava lamp. It is extracted from fire snakes, it sheds meagre light continously, it runs out after months of having been extracted and it applies high heat to things it touches but it is liquid and will splash.
Demon horn, vampire Dust, Gargoyle hoof, fairy dust. are all items of poooowwweeeeeerrrrr. Fairy Dust is easy to use it can be sprinkled on things for small effect (say what % of the vial you use) and the Iron Flask is marked with runes that imply it is magical. It produces faint sounds of winds.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 02:59:15 am by Hastur »

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: November 24, 2010, 02:36:44 am »

A Room Update for end of day 41 (pre-trading)

Underground Rooms
Entrance Hallway
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Masonry Room
Stock Room 5x5
Urist Bedroom 3x3
Cheddarius bedroom 3x3
Adwarf Bedroom 3x3
Hrodegr bedroom 1x3,+1
Garul Bedroom 3x3
Ochitas Smoothed Office 5x3
Ochita Smoothed Bedroom 3x3
Nanothnirs Bedroom 3x2
Lower Hospital *walled off*
Underground Farm to be Room 11x5
Mechanics room

Outside but Inside the perimiter wall
Tower 1 basement room
Tower 1 groundfloor room
Tower 2 basement
Trade Depot
Cogs Hut/bunker/cabin
Wood Burnery
Smeltery
Smithery
butchery workshop
tanners workshop
leatherworkers workshop
stonecrafter workshop
carpentry workshop
Really Far out there
Kiln
Ashery
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 03:07:10 pm by Hastur »

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: November 24, 2010, 10:12:34 pm »

Day 42...

With the end of the sixth week of Spring the farms complete their cycle, Young shoots grow mature, and a farmfeilds have weathered the storms, boot, and more than one battle over their plot. Ripe vines, roots, and pigs tails sprout full out of the mud and muck below. Growing even in lands under the shadow and fog of these swamps. (-168 planted muckroots 20 planted whipvine -4 planted pigtails +4 Pigtails, +20 Whip Vine, +168 Muckroots)

Garul, during the morning, Gathers all the remaining iron ore from the stockpiles, and smelts it all into bars. (+9iron bars -9 iron ore), and after sleep, he patrolls outside, beyond the gates. He encounters a distant flame approaching nearer, possibly a torch it seems at first, but the winds pick up and a skeletal horse is revealed as it dashes through the night at Garul, Garul runs back towards the fortress in a fright Peircing weapons are not the best against the undead, but luckily it passes him by completely when it run out over the swamp, running over the waters surface and leaving some rising mist in its wake. it gallops at full speed. But Garuls shift is not yet even close to done and he looks for trouble even further out. He discovers a location of interest. From his vantage point on the slope of the volcano, he sees a strange cluster of trees in the distance, It is a small cluster, no wider across than a hundred yards maximum. But the area therein is filled with lush bright green treelife. A shure sign of elves perhaps? He heads back before dawn breaks, and sneaking about becomes hopeless.

Cog, after helping with the trading, tends to Urist and Ochitas wounds. Ochita feels a little better, but is it is apparent he has suffered a lingering injury that will take months to heal correctly. He tries to get up, but Cog tells him to start moving around if able if he wants to make a full recovery. With Cogs help Ochita gets up and walks about for a bit before Ochita throws out his back and has to be dragged back to bed. The black kitten crosses the threshold and peers into the bedroom for a moment before running off. Urist on the other hand lingers on gravely wounded. With much to think about, Cog spends the rest of the night at THE TABLE, it soothes him some, before heading to sleep.

Cheddarius constructs a depot of sorts, he has seen them built before and decides to forgo all the planning and design portions and merely puts out a set of stone of about hte same elevation, they make do, and the trading visitor does not seem to mind. He can brag about making a depot in a single shift now, as long as nobody ever asks to see the results. While some of the other busy themselves digging through the trade goods, Cheddarius plants some seeds for the future of the fortress, 10 units worth of future pig tails to be exact. The dwarven refugee comes by and aids him for a bit, doubling his plantation for the day. He smiles warily "Good enough day for planting huh? Say... about that wandering woman. I dont want to seem ungratefull but she worrys me feircly, she has some strange things in that wagon of hers, and even the animals give her a wide berth. You didnt seem to recognize her, but she knew where to go I'd wager. I think her blackbird works as a spy! i tell you. Shes a witch for certain. My wife agrees. (+ 20 planted pigtails) 

Nirrur remains idle, growing increasingly paranoid and looking out over everyone from atop his impressive tower. Crossbow in hand. (not too late for actions) He spots a freak wild turkey outside the gates!

Hrodegr makes leather leggings from some spare leathers. (+2 leather leggings 120$ -2 leather) Then he makes some more!

Adwarf works on his project outside. 75% finishing the shallow trench around the outer wall. Revist helps him. Completing the shallow trench.

last chance to trade. Day almost done Night Approaches...wild
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 03:12:37 am by Hastur »

Labs

• Bay Watcher
  • This aggresion will not stand, man.
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress Mode: the RPG (Migrants welcome.) SPRING!! DAY 42!
« Reply #628 on: November 24, 2010, 11:24:30 pm »

I'll spend some time trading for the songbird. After that, I'll grab some meat and attempt to pacify the puma.
I like to slip into bear caves around midnight and gently caress the carnivore inside before leaving a small cut of fresh fish and sneaking out.

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress Mode: the RPG (Migrants welcome.) SPRING!! DAY 42!
« Reply #629 on: November 25, 2010, 12:19:01 am »

(first round of trading is done dont worry, including your songbird...HEY YOU GOTS A BIRD ON YOUR SHOLDER)
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 46