yes, montage me
- 5 (83.3%)
Ok, montage them
- 1 (16.7%)
i really would rather not montage one week
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 46

Author Topic: Fortress Mode: the RPG (is it dead or what lol?)  (Read 34643 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress Mode: the RPG (come play!)
« Reply #495 on: November 05, 2010, 11:14:48 pm »

Awesome. Who are we sending down there with a weak flashlight to get the medical supplies?

...it's me isn't it.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: November 05, 2010, 11:31:46 pm »

Nah, we wouldn't put one of our own in danger like that. You know, you don't have any weapons. You should take my glass dagger.
And, uh, this glow worm I found.

...you'll need it.

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: November 05, 2010, 11:44:31 pm »

Yay, due to a quirk of listing personal inventories before updating the stockpiles(as per request), your bandages were NOT in fact stored in the hospital(they were indeed still in your backpack). (I took all the food/beers/consumables from personal inventories and added them to the stockroom and hospital stocks, in order to present a more accurate view of fortress items to people who were looking over the stocks and trying to decide what to do!)

Seeing Cog running around babbling to himself about bandages, Cheddarius goes to his room and gets his personal bandages from his personal inventory personel pack, and hands them to Cog! Cog changes bandages on everyone! (-4 bandages +Health!)
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 11:47:48 pm by Hastur »

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: November 06, 2010, 12:01:32 am »

Nah, we wouldn't put one of our own in danger like that. You know, you don't have any weapons. You should take my glass dagger.
And, uh, this glow worm I found.

...you'll need it.

This sounds like an entertaining sidequest!

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: November 06, 2010, 12:30:42 am »

Something is down there. First it was a faint scratching. Nirur walled it off, and came back to found it had been partially deconstructed....
Actually, first it was a former PC who dug through a wall and got eaten by a monster, thanks to my prodding. Dunno why I didn't wall it off for a while. I should check on that, though.

8 hours masonry: Check to make sure the hospital is still properly walled off first. Then build up tower 2 identically to tower 1.
8 hours sleep and eating.
8 hours night guard duty.

For future reference: I'll always be sleeping in the basement of tower 1, unless otherwise noted. I'll bar the first-floor door from inside until further notice. I'll also bar the hatch down to my basement while I'm sleeping in it.

Other dwarves are free to join me in my safe place, so long as they haven't been wounded by werewolves, or anything else likely to turn them into a cannibal. Tower 2 is available even for werewolves.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: November 06, 2010, 12:46:14 am »

Your paranoia intrigues me. I should probably stay near the patients, but hiding in the tower basement does sound like a good way to not be eaten.

...aw hell, I'm the doctor. That means I go first when they turn.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: November 06, 2010, 01:34:42 am »

Why don't we just forge silver collars with small spikes inward, but with a leather collar inside it? That way, it'll be harmless to a dwarf, but if anyone turns into a werewolf, they'll get bigger, tear through the leather, impale themselves on the collar, and die through a three-pronged attack of suffocation/stabbing/silver.
If dwarves haven't invented collars yet, I can make some silver breastplates instead.
Still, I really don't think it's a problem. We know about the danger of werewolves now, so when anyone turns, we can just kill him/her quickly before any danger arises.

Also, eating werewolf meat is fine, right? I mean, there's nothing about eating werewolf meat and turning into a werewolf. Especially if we cook it. Anyway, I'm going to go ahead with butchering them, since all our butchers are inactive, and we could use the hides for winter clothes or leather armor and the bones for bolts.

Cheddarius spends 8 hours butchering the werewolves in the butchery shop.
Afterwards, Cheddarius spends 8 hours smithing more iron armor.
Cheddarius eats and sleeps for 8 hours.

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: November 06, 2010, 03:45:53 am »

Day 37...

Nirur unseals the many hatchways and doors and comes out of his tower basement.  He checks the constructions on the walled off hospital...But it is still sealed tight as a vault. Next creates blocks 8 blocks, working furiously in his customised workshop. (-8 rock +8 block). In the afternoon and evening he sleeps and eats along in his basement, with only his crudely engraved tables to keep him company.
That night though, during guard duty. he notices movement in the dark. He peers and crouches low in case of attack. From the volcano-side, he sees figures moving indistinctly beyond the walls. They seem to notice with time, and they hold still. But Nirur is confident he knows where they are and he fires a bolt at his best guess estimate and it shatters on a rock. However. The shadowy fuigures bolt and scatter in different directions. He remains on his guard the rest of the night, but they are not noticed again....for now.

Cheddarius Butchers the werewolf. He strips enourmous slabs of meat off and adds them to the stocks, Much of it is wasted but days and days worth of food are salvaged from the body. The butchering takes time, as the meat is tough and sinewy, luckily the thick tough hide is hard to tear and gets yanked off without damaging it further. * 8 untis of strange meat and 8 units of sinister fat are piled into a barrel with the rest of the meats. (+8 strange meat +8 sinister fat +spooky wereskull + savage werebones + imperfect wereskin) He works even harder on his next shift, the toll wearing on his healing body, but he is healthy enough to withstand it for now. (280/400%done) He works to his limits working on the next iron breastplate, it is mostly complete but not done yet, he stops once he feels his wounds getting to him.

Adwarf works madly, preparing for some unknown project, first he crafts 2 mechanisms, then he makes 2 more, its all a learning process for adwarf but it must be begginners luck because they seem appropriate enough. he then installs a lever into the tower 1 basement while nobody is there, before falling sleep.

Garul finds the 8 silver bars left at the forge, and makes makes half a stack of silver bolts (120/200$%done). In the afternoon, he takes care of some personal matters, and washes away the unsightly pools of blood at the entrance. In the Evening he patrols a bit, and much to their surprise sees 3 kobolds once he turns the corner around the perimeter wall. Garul turns the corner and sees the 3 kobolds boosting each other up to try to peek over the wall. He is outside the fortress walls, checking the outside perimiter, but they spot him and quickly scatter before he can get a good shot. He fires at one of their backs anyways but it was too far.

Cog Fires up the Kiln, and begins working on a set of tools, prods, knives, forceps, and other trinkets suitable for surgery. Work begins and he makes some progress, but each tools takes a few tries to be up to standards, and he estimates it will take quite some time at this rate(80/1000%done). Thereafter he does his daily bandage change, Ochita's infection has not seemingly gotten worse yet, Urist sleeps seemingly calmly, Hrodegr has made very good progress on his recovery, he could go back to work now probably, but maybe he is lazy, and Cheddarius realy feels sore, either that is a good sign or he worked too hard, Cog cant really tell with his knowledge. Theres probably a small risk but dwarves are hardy.

Day 38 approaches....

* You have just uncovered your first items of power. Certain Items resonate with legend and myth. Dwarves may utilize these items in the construction of exceptional, and sometimes even magical items. The attempt consumes the item, so make the attempt count, take extra time, utilize an assistant, break out your best tools and take extra time. Go for broke and hope for the best and who knows what you might get! Describe what you craft, visualize it, and dont forget to make it menace! Current items are the wereskull, wereskin, and werebones.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2010, 12:32:15 am by Hastur »

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: November 06, 2010, 09:14:51 am »

I need silver bolts for current werewolves and future ones please make them for my turn i will go into a sort of obsseision where i will work all day on a system that will collapse all and any entrances to the fort the lever will be in the basement with nirur
 :) :) :) i will use the stone and wood i gathered for this

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: November 06, 2010, 02:13:33 pm »

Oh and whoever is the doctor i would avise puting silver on the werewolf caused wounds if silver hurts werewolves then it should kill there venom or whatever that changes us  :P

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: November 06, 2010, 02:33:27 pm »

What do you guys think I should make with the werewolf stuff? We could make werebolts from the bones, and thick werehide armor from the hide. We could make food from the meat, I guess, or feed some of it to dogs to make trained werewolves.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: November 06, 2010, 02:44:02 pm »

I bet we could make a really, really nice table with the bones and some rock. For the skull, we could start on a skull-embedded throne. Since we can eat at different times, we could all benefit from the throne.

Any noble who sits in it will have to be killed off.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: November 06, 2010, 02:50:08 pm »

Okay, how about we both spend 16 hours tomorrow building this table? You'll be the mason and I'll assist. We can move the table and throne to the dining room, and three people can eat in it per day.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: November 06, 2010, 02:50:41 pm »

I say a master work were blade skull cross guard bone blade and a leather handle then it shall be called Wolfbane original i know

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: November 06, 2010, 02:51:15 pm »

How do I join?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 46