yes, montage me
- 5 (83.3%)
Ok, montage them
- 1 (16.7%)
i really would rather not montage one week
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 46

Author Topic: Fortress Mode: the RPG (is it dead or what lol?)  (Read 34607 times)

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress Mode: the RPG (come play!)
« Reply #420 on: October 27, 2010, 10:51:04 pm »

HELL YES! bonus points if you narrate a dance number involving the npc, hehe i joke. You can take a NPC or bea migrant that shows up right away, it was a mistake to delay the other migrants earlier. Enthusiasm doesnt come cheap.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: October 27, 2010, 10:56:05 pm »

Excellent, I'd like to join as a glassmaker. The fort seems like it's having trouble so this shouldn't be surprising. :P

I don't see any rules for character creation though, so I don't really know how this works.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: October 27, 2010, 11:00:51 pm »

ill copy paste the relevant section i should probably update hte first post with that or something... anyways be right back

yes you may take control of a dwarf that is unclaimed or ...

Skills I will do like this: You get 10 points you can spend on the following skills http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/Skills. One point buys one rank up, but if you take at least 5 skills you get +5 more points for being versatile. **EDIT: but they must all be rank 2 or 3 to qualify**

Attributes will be based of of this http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/Attributes but I have reduced the number of attributes to 10 because many are bast represented in game by the player, like creativity. As you can see the attributes go from a neutral level to +4 ranks if you are unbelievably strong to -4 ranks if you are unfathomably weak.           You get 10 rankups for your attributes.  Also the stats are reduced to

Strength
fine coordination
gross agility
toughness
endurance
health
Intellect
willpower
perception
charisma

Lastly you can trade 1 attribute rankup for 3 skillpoints or 3 skillpoints for 1 attribute rankup. and noone can start with a skill better than talanted.

lastly you get starting equipment 800 bucks worth, the equipment list is found on the first page, and if you would like anything else you can ask me for its stats and cost. Or i can make a character for you out of a description or something

Ps there are sample characters all over the first page to get an overall idea of what the end result should look like

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: October 27, 2010, 11:13:45 pm »

Hey I noticed that you said Nanothnir was an NPC, Didn't I PM you what I wanted him to be doing...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: October 27, 2010, 11:32:33 pm »

I'd like to be a fresh migrant:

Anyone care to clue me in on the current state of the fortress?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: October 27, 2010, 11:41:11 pm »

We're doing all right, I guess. We need more armor and food. It would be nice to have more wood, stone, and ore, especially light stone for steel. After that, we could probably work on improving our defense, like stockpiling steel bolts for our crossbows, building archer towers, etc.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 11:45:15 pm by Cheddarius »

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: October 27, 2010, 11:45:24 pm »

Hey I noticed that you said Nanothnir was an NPC, Didn't I PM you what I wanted him to be doing...

ahh but the 2 are not mutually explusive.....................

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: October 27, 2010, 11:58:02 pm »

Hey, what did I make the bone bolts from? I made 30 bolts, but our "animal products" stockpile was the same before and after (except for some skins)...
Also, how many of the alligator/bear/sloth bones do we have? They're not labeled...

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: October 28, 2010, 12:00:20 am »

I'd like to be a fresh migrant:

Anyone care to clue me in on the current state of the fortress?

The state of the fortress is strong! it is pretty crowded. 2 dwarfs have died recently, the stocks look good for now. contact has been made with hostile outside forces however. Nobody has been down to the lower depths in quite some time. Some of the other dwarves are suspected to have become semi melancolic, or catatonic, or just plain crazy, they have not been acting like themselves, the area is a terryfying one so bizzare creatures assault the dwarves with frequency. Am i missing anything important?

Edit in response to cheddarius ............ ummmm... a varmit tried to eat a bone choked and died and made up the missing bone....yeah thats what happened. Also one unit of each bone, a unit of bones can become 20 arrows, or a bone helmet, or mabe just one bone toe ring.
the generic pile of 21 bones is from miscelaneus racoons, birds, hedgehogs ect...
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 12:04:39 am by Hastur »

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: October 28, 2010, 12:20:01 am »

So how many units of alligator bones do we have? Just one? Same for bear and sloth bones.

Neyvn, can you spend some of your shifts farming? Our food seems to be decreasing really quickly. From the turn on October 18 to the turn immediately after, we ate 81 food. If this keeps going on, we'll be out of food really soon...
« Last Edit: October 28, 2010, 12:30:53 am by Cheddarius »

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: October 28, 2010, 12:39:40 am »

Also i had taken a willow shield from the stocks. also the Mechanics workshop is not listed, nor are the tools, though they exist.
This is Dwarf Fortress! If we can chuck magma at innocent wildlife, we can do ANYTHING!

It was at this point that I realised that dwarves are actually the essence of chaos. What else can make perpetual motion machines, recursive statues with more building materials than the average tower and has such a short attention span that a damn fine chair can off-set the death of their entire family.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: October 28, 2010, 12:54:54 am »

Well he basicly cares for the above ground plots as I PMed Hastur with, but like Hastur said, they will take some time to grow...

I sent Hastur a basic next month long shift where he will be automated for the jobs that are needed as I set up Fortress Mode 2.0...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: October 28, 2010, 01:01:51 am »

Garul Soon sets right back onto the door he did not finish, hammering away to create the needed shape. The heat of the forge and strikes of the hammer constant till the metal is gone, the second door complete. After pulling the doors to behind his four previous traps, within the fortress, he soon starts to dig at the rock, to create a small room, 2 across the span of the cliff-face, and 2 urist deep into it, close to the room at the corner, on the outside bend. This is where he sets up a control level for the system, working the mechanisms, and ratchets into the lever system. This making it easy to lift the gate, heavy as they are, but also keeping them from moving upwards from raw force.

At this point he works to set up each door in turn to be in place and linked up, so that they pull up into the ceiling, but drop down at the flip of a release. Sleeping every night and eating heartily, to ensure his strength.He know that this would save his fellows in the time to come, it had to be done. The doors designed to have sharp teeth underneath them, which set into the very floor. only working on one door at a time, to ensure that his work hinds others only in the least. each door also has a small viewing slat that can only open from within the fortress.

After Garul finishes this, he takes up the surest shield, and proceeds to smelt iron.

[Garul uses the needed shifts to make the remaining door, dig 5 urists of stone wall, set each door to a lever. remaining 8 hours per day used for smelting iron. 16 hours per day is spent eating and sleeping split.]
[music: http://www.newgrounds.com/audio/listen/217805 ]
This is Dwarf Fortress! If we can chuck magma at innocent wildlife, we can do ANYTHING!

It was at this point that I realised that dwarves are actually the essence of chaos. What else can make perpetual motion machines, recursive statues with more building materials than the average tower and has such a short attention span that a damn fine chair can off-set the death of their entire family.

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: October 28, 2010, 01:07:28 am »

Also i had taken a willow shield from the stocks. also the Mechanics workshop is not listed, nor are the tools, though they exist.
OOC: the misscommunication is that my last inventory listing was by request and i forgot to put up a date on that list. It has not been updated with the most recent actions such as picking up the shield. Normally i try to update everything by week, but i got some requests so i wrote down my info. But yeah i shoulda dated that "as of end of day so and so"  And the mechanis workshop missing thats a typo ill fix that next end of week update. its on my physical map.

next is cheddarius noticing of the stocks. That is a lot of food to go through in such a short time, but keep in mind that I remove the food a weeks worth at a time. I dont update the food every day, i only update it at the end of the week, charging the stocks for all the dwarves at the end of the week. so if you look at day 6 and day 7 it might look like x(where x is the number of dwarves) weeks worth of food dissapeared in one day.

oh and there is one unit of alligator bones, one of sloth bones and one of slothbearbones. it was a sloth-bear, maybe some people dont know what that is so http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sloth_Bear there is a link its a real critter not a giant olmman or giant caveswallowman or owlbear or anything.

Thats for the input i like seeing the enthusiasm, it'll all be clearer when the end of week update comes where all the stocks are up to date simulteneously. its just that i got several requests.

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: October 28, 2010, 07:10:10 am »

No problem, i am greatly enjoying this, and will be jumping onto the other fortress as well. later.

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 46