yes, montage me
- 5 (83.3%)
Ok, montage them
- 1 (16.7%)
i really would rather not montage one week
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 46

Author Topic: Fortress Mode: the RPG (is it dead or what lol?)  (Read 34602 times)

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress Mode: the RPG (come play!)
« Reply #390 on: October 25, 2010, 08:15:26 pm »

There are planted crops. The farm expanded to all the outside tiles that are not covered by hastily set up workshops. There is food planted but it has not yet matured. NPC nanothnir can farm. BUt npcs dont work very hard, hes jsut maintaining the crop from dying. The crop will mature either at the end of the season or at the end of a month depending i havent decided yet.

Record Keeper keeps tracks of inventories, stocks, rooms furniture, ammo , ect. I'd rather keep doing it myself unless someone actively wants to, because i have an ingeneous triple redundant system of analog bookkeeping records that i devised.

Also Cheddarius and Nirur gain Dabbling conversationalist as a reward for communicating. Thats what i like to see

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: October 25, 2010, 09:14:37 pm »

Garul is a weaponsmith as well, so, he can take up the weapon making. Just request what you want, and he wuill try to do it.

Garul will grab the willow shield, sincee it will be better than nothing, for certain.

Garul will work on some copper heavy doors. target number is 2. That is if the numbers follow DF standards of a door taking only 1 'bar' which is actually alot more. it's just basically one unit of copper bars.

8 hours : copper door making [or iron smelting]
8 hours : eating and drinking from the good booze, socializing with remaining time.
8 hours : sleeping

Garul will also mention that he is designing a siege-door type defense, with the doors to work like a portcullis, a human design for fortifications.
This is Dwarf Fortress! If we can chuck magma at innocent wildlife, we can do ANYTHING!

It was at this point that I realised that dwarves are actually the essence of chaos. What else can make perpetual motion machines, recursive statues with more building materials than the average tower and has such a short attention span that a damn fine chair can off-set the death of their entire family.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: October 25, 2010, 09:22:09 pm »

Garul will also mention that he is designing a siege-door type defense, with the doors to work like a portcullis, a human design for fortifications.
Hurray, incentive for trying to avoid death at the hands of marauding goblins.

Could we get a drawing of the external areas of the fortress, please? I think it's something like this, but it's been a while and changed a bit:

========EEE==========
   |            |
   |            |
   |   Work     |
   |   Shops    |
   |            |
   0-0        0-0
   |+|        |+|
   0-0---EE---0-0

E : Entrance, either a doorway of some sort or the entrance to the fort itself.
= : Mountain
_ | + 0 : Artificial walls, mostly stone. The right tower is still only a stone floor on the ground.

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: October 25, 2010, 09:58:42 pm »

Riversand, I think it would be better to have only one weaponsmith. Otherwise xp will be wasted on leveling two weaponsmiths, like how it's better to have only a few Legendary farmers supplying an entire fortress than a lot of low-level ones. What's your weaponsmithing level? Whoever's higher should be the dedicated weaponsmith.

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: October 25, 2010, 10:19:20 pm »

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: October 26, 2010, 03:05:00 pm »

Well they are not goblins oh well time to die foul goats!!!!!

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: October 26, 2010, 03:25:30 pm »

Oh and whoever voted for me thanks :)

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: October 26, 2010, 03:40:58 pm »

Riversand, I think it would be better to have only one weaponsmith. Otherwise xp will be wasted on leveling two weaponsmiths, like how it's better to have only a few Legendary farmers supplying an entire fortress than a lot of low-level ones. What's your weaponsmithing level? Whoever's higher should be the dedicated weaponsmith.

Garul is weapon-smith 3

Oh and whoever voted for me thanks :)

i voted for ya!
This is Dwarf Fortress! If we can chuck magma at innocent wildlife, we can do ANYTHING!

It was at this point that I realised that dwarves are actually the essence of chaos. What else can make perpetual motion machines, recursive statues with more building materials than the average tower and has such a short attention span that a damn fine chair can off-set the death of their entire family.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: October 26, 2010, 04:27:22 pm »

Well thanks
 :D

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: October 26, 2010, 06:05:52 pm »

All right, Riversand, you can be the weaponsmith then. I'll just do armorsmithing and such.

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: October 27, 2010, 01:22:26 am »

To others around, kinda do need a dedicated refiner. but also need a farmer as well... hmmm...

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: October 27, 2010, 03:51:50 am »

Don't forget that you can sign up as Migrants to Fortress Mode 2.0 aswell, Hustar is a Founding Dwarf so yeah he approves...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: October 27, 2010, 02:46:12 pm »

Elsewhere...Battle!
Adwarf aims untill they get closer. They hurl some weapons in Adwarfs direction as he shoots his bolt and jumps for cover. He twists and turns desperatly turning away from the hurled javelin and stumbling over, but sucessfully dodging it. His bolt flies out, piercing the javelin wielding goats leg as he hops forward. The leg is badly peirced. and the goat falls slopilly to the mud.
The rest of the projectiles are hurled at other targets. Azurist has a mace and aspear hurled at him. The mace is adequatly dodged, despite the muck he is sunk into, leaving his weapons balanced to intercept the spear. He swings trying to knock it out of the air defiantly but the spear falls into his lead leg. The obsidian spearhead sinks into his leg and Azurist lets out a cry of great pain, but his resolve is too tough, and his leg too meaty to have it be crippled by such a blow.
A dart is hurled at Revist as he frantically reloads his crossbow. but the dart strays sideways and strikes the tree he uses as cover.

The dwarfs reload in the precious few seconds before they close in. Behinf them, the missile throwers begin to encircle. One leaps up and brings his obsidian edged weapon crashing down at Adwarf, but it whizzes by, as He leaps back, but slips and falls onto his behind in this terrible terrain once again.
Adwarf Tumbles down onto his side from his falling momentum, but lifts his crossbow clear and shoots the goatman as he prepares to strike again. The Goatman is pierced straight through the hipbone and he falls forward, fropping its large weapon and flailing for a moment or two before dying. Adwarf Shoves him off and starts getting backto his feet.

Azurist stands his ground as a speargoat charges him. The goat lunges low, covering overhead with its shield, Azurist Swings his hammr in a great arc overhead, crashing through some overhead limbs and cascading leaves down all around. Both attacks strike simultaneously. The hammer strikes solidly on the shield, splintering the wood, peircing the leather backing, tearing the flesh and dislocating the shoulderbone underneath. The goat is knocked to the ground stunned, but it smiles from its bleeding mouth because its attention was focused on the spearpoint, his lunge was backed with much momentum. The spears edge passed through his clothing, sliced easily into the skin, impaled into the fat and shred a huge wall of muscle and finally plunged into Azurists guts...

Revist shoots an incoming goat, but the goat covers itself with its decorated feathered willow shield. The bolt strikes deeply, and nails shield into the arm behind. The swordgoat lets out a bloodthristy battlecry and charges on.
From near the back of the battle, the jevelin wielding goat looks for the easiest target, and chucks one at Revist while his attention is occupied, but revist is no fool, and sees it coming in time to step back and it falls where his foot used to be.
The swordgoat swings early, striking Revist crowsbow as he tries to reload, it fails to outright destroy its sturdy dwarven frame, but it is ruined as a range weapon nonetheless. The swordgoat follows up its attack with a flying knee attack, its charging momentum carried through and striking at Revist in the upper torso with an unexpected blow. But Revist agility wins the day, and he twists with the blow and deflects with the crossbow stock, reducing the incoming damage.

« Last Edit: October 27, 2010, 02:48:15 pm by Hastur »

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: October 27, 2010, 04:00:32 pm »

Adwarf begins reloading, looking around as he gets back to his feet, his eye is on his companions, but where did the other ones go?

Azurist grinds his teeth and his lip quivers in rage as he looks down at his impaled belly. His unleashes his anger with a hammerblow to end all hammerblows, but in the exertion to finish off his vulnerable foe, pangs of pain shoot throughout his body, he steadies himself on a protruding root and slumps down, quivering and shaking with agony. It all starts going dark and he reclines holding his blood back with his hand. The dizzy speargoat draws a short stone knife.

Revist steps back from the ferocious swordgoat, and draws his copper battleaxe, crafted in his home fortress. he weilds it out in front of him to keep the goatman away. The swordgoat swings at the axe and follows up with a chop at the arm, but Revist meaneuvres the axe away and blocks the swordblow, sending a few little bits of volcanic glass flying away from the swordgoats obsidian-set club. The swordgoat smiles and bares its teeth. It squints and evaluates Revist again.

Adwarf reloads and sees that javelin throwing goat aiming another one at revist while he is occupied. So he lets loose the bolt at this opportune moment. The Twang of the crossbow causes the goat to turn his head, just in time to take a bolt in its neck. Adwarf hears some sound behind him, and spins around to face the poungin out from behind a tree, It swings a dart at him with a crude lever. Adwarf jumps into the air into a small a target as possible, a fetal position really. Wtihhis eyes closed he feels the dart pierce his beard, a close call indeed. From behind him another Goat stomps around, weilding a mace in each hand and one more on its hip. it approaches cautiously, and looks from one dwarf to the other, deciding which one to engage.

Azurist Struggles inside to stay alive. it is so cold. The speargoat crawls his way over  and weakly stabs Azurist to savagely finish him off, he stabs repeatedly as he can while staggered from an earlier blow.

Revist back up versus the swordgoat, and considers runing away, but its do or die versus these nimble monstrosities. He adopts a defensive stance, and looks for an opening. The swordgoat probes and looks for a weakness, then laughs. then points to Revists ears, and then to his necklace. He will be added to his necklace of pointed green ears, goblin ears it seems.

Adwarf reloads his crossbow, but the dart thrower hurls another dart first. he takes cover behind the tree, but gets closer to the mace wielder instead. The Macegoat sees the crossbow pointed at him and hurls one of his maces. striking right in the femur. Luckily for adwarf, his muscles padd the bone, and it is only bruised, but he feels the shock. The goat lunges forward in a desperate attempt not to get shot. Adwarf saves the crossbow from harm by turning away from a maces swing. They lock into close combat.

Azurist sees the hated enemy goatman stabbing him and find a reason to live. He draws up his last breath from the well of hatred, and burns the coals of revenge to move one arm and clamp his meaty dwarven hand around the goatmans throat. The goatman is surprised, and cuts and slashes harder, but Azurist is a lot of dwarf to cut through with his unbelievable amount of muscles.

Revist defendds bravely! The swordgoat concludes that this is no dwarven warrior, just a scared peasant and turns the axe away with his shield, spins on one hoof, and mulekicks at revist in the solar plexus. Revist leaps back from the kick, just barely getting out of range, but abandoning his stance leaves revist head forward and exposed, and with the goats spin complete the swordspin clips revist right in his dwarven head. But the dwarven skull is made of sterner stuff, and the blow deflects painfully off, taking a small peice of scalp with it. Revist keeps his wits about him, ignoring the facts he was nearly beheaded he sees and opportunity and counterattacks! but his skill with the axe is as lacking as his strength. And the wound is hardly devestating.

Adwarf struggles for a bit in close combat with the goat, but his strength is superior and he shoves his opponent back and swiftly levels his crossbow and sends his bolt right after his tumbling opponent striking it right in the heart, and killing him instantly.

Azurist locks the speargoat in a deathgrip, while the goat stabs away and then slashes at the offending arm. but it is no use and it passes out, going limp in azurists hand. Azurist lays on his back and pulls it closer, whispering something incredibly badass to it from between spurts of blood, and bleeds to death in the end.

The 2 remaining goatmen disengage, hurling a few darts, and even nicking adwarf once, but flee. leaving the field of  battle in dwarven hands....

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: October 27, 2010, 04:06:51 pm »

Loot:
Azurist backpack, fishing pole, 12 hour candlex3, personal basics, climbing gear, commoner clothes, copper pick, copper hammer, group basics.

2 obsidan spears
1 peirced wicker shield
4 stone maces
4 wooden javelins
1 obsidian greatsword
2 stone knives
4 drinking horns
200$ bone jewlery

a campsite with 4 furs and 7units of meat and 20 bone darts
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 46