yes, montage me
- 5 (83.3%)
Ok, montage them
- 1 (16.7%)
i really would rather not montage one week
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 46

Author Topic: Fortress Mode: the RPG (is it dead or what lol?)  (Read 34598 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress Mode: the RPG (come play!)
« Reply #360 on: October 20, 2010, 02:57:27 pm »

oh and i want my dwarf to take crossbow and 2o bolts with him My dwarf is adwarf

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: October 22, 2010, 03:43:01 am »

Apology in advance for this sloppy entry. I plaid the fallout game today lol. just wanna wrap up the day. I have a weekly test on fridays so i cant post next 'till late friday.

After cheddarius work in the last hours of dim daylight, The guards huddle at the entrance to the fort, protecting everyone during the night. The sounds of stone being smoothed is heard throughout the night, the smoothing of a newly dug room and another expansion.

somewhere, far below Doc is struck down.

End of Day and Night 23

Day 24 comes...

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: October 22, 2010, 07:37:02 pm »

Huster has given me permission to start another game like this... Look forward to it...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: October 22, 2010, 09:14:59 pm »

I'd like to join.

This one seems to be dead  :(. Ah well. Fun (watching) while it lasted.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 02:46:54 am by Pan »

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: October 23, 2010, 01:15:23 am »

Actually, it died for a while, but it seems like it started up again just now. In fact, there's been an update today.

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: October 24, 2010, 09:08:00 am »

Live already! It's been two days... I wanted to register as a migrant in here...  :'(

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: October 24, 2010, 01:31:53 pm »

Two days is hardly a long time. Many forum games update once every two weeks, if that.

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: October 24, 2010, 05:24:27 pm »

I'd like to join.

This one seems to be dead  :(. Ah well. Fun (watching) while it lasted.

no YOU'RE dead! i haven't heard from ya in like 2 days! (i had midterm and practical and stuf)

Day 24...

The Fog continues this day, although as the wind picks up, the fog begins swirling and fluttering throughout the day.

Adwarf the crossbow dwarf rest and relaxes himself for part of the day before arming himself for ,and goes out on a scouting mission of the nearby terrain. During his travels through the mists he walks nearly blind around the area, with his feet sinking in the mud. The terrible terrain and limited visibility force him to go slowly and carefully, but he nearly tumbles across some sticky webbing at his feet. Examining the area, he concludes these strands are from a spider of the giant variety, but whether there are any caves nearby remains a mystery unless he chooses to go about hacking through the webs and drawing potentially fatal attention. Or he could come back when the weather clears. He does his best to remember the location and heads back to camp, although his mental attributes are probably insufficient for the task of remembering given the bad conditions today.
His second journey out scouting takes him along the volcanoside, and towards some wooded area. Where the sounds of movement draw his attention. Hearing far beyond the range of his sight through the fog, he sneaks forward with his crossbow at the ready. His sneaking skills are insufficient however and the steady snapping of twigs as he lurches forward seems to draw the attention of whatever things lie beyond. His senses tell him it is a group, and now that he is closer he can tell that they seem to be eating meat. he imagines a group of bloodthirsty feinds tearing apart fresh game maybe, or cannibals, or worse maybe too. But as the creatures beyond stop and search and sniff around a bit, they begin to speak in short sharp exasperated and accusatory tones. it all sounds like jibberish to Adwarfs ears, but he takes the opportunity to slink away under the cover of their smothering sounds. He attempts to remember the path to this area again. and heads back to camp, eventually arriving at almost dawn of the next day.

Cheddarius claims a room, and otherwise continues more of yesterdays unfinished business. The short wall around the fortress is completed, having utilized 16 units of stone. It is a low wall, but good enough to keep out the smaller critters as long as they dont go around and drop down from the volcano side, it would probably take 16 more hours to complete a wall covering that approach as well. Further along in the day, he processes enough materials to finally craft the axes he desired to make and works outside throughout the night to complete them, but the furnace keeps him warm. It is difficult work without proper tools, but he completes 2 plain copper axes and adds them to the stocks. (-2 wood, -2 copper ingots +2 axes)

Garul takes the time to relax at first, he has worked extraordinarily long recently and some personal time is quite a releif. Next he stands guard, watching cheddarius construct a wall around the swamp facing half of the area. But the volcano slope side remains pretty open to anyone willing to do some steep hiking. The day is otherwise uneventful. During the night, he forsakes sleep once again and constructs 2 mechanisms from 2 units of rock. he mutters to himself throughout the day, plainly overworked.

Cog Heads to the carpenters workshop and constructs a single trap, a sturdy one and plants it near the swamps edge and hopes for the best. The construction takes all day, and if this trap dosnt hold up to small critters assault then nothing will. Then rests and sleeps (-1 meat)

Ochita remains idle all day

Hrodegr Takes one of the canvas tents from the stockpile and fashions it into a simple overcoat, although of superior ruggedness and construction. (-1 tent +1 rugged coat 80$) Next he takes a seemingly abandoned bedroll from the stocks, and creates a fine dwarven fur hat, with earflaps and everything, it is very warm. Finally he sleeps. (-1 bedroll, +1 Warm Fine Fur Hat 100$) Ha! Being out here is great! back in my home country, i would work day after day, and after the taxes, tithes, and dues, I hardly have anything to show for it. But here its mine! all mine!

Day 25 approaches...

Moods... loading...

-Revist +idle
-Hrodegr +admired own item lately -Tired +Double rations +made a new acquisition lately
--Doc *Deceased*
++++Ochita ---worked all day and night the other day +Idle
-----Garul -Tired +talked to himself lately +satisfied at work lately
----Nanoth +Idle
++++Nirur +Idle
---Azur+Idle
Adwarf -sleepy
Cheddarius +Claimed a new bedroom +Satisfied at work recently -Tired -Sleepy
Cog

Protipe: When resting for a shift, take the opportunity to roleplay it a little for a +mood bonus. Like playing with a dog for example. or making a new friend.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2010, 07:01:11 pm by Hastur »

Labs

• Bay Watcher
  • This aggresion will not stand, man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: October 24, 2010, 06:44:26 pm »

I'll set a few small traps. Bait them with some meat and seeds.
I like to slip into bear caves around midnight and gently caress the carnivore inside before leaving a small cut of fresh fish and sneaking out.

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: October 24, 2010, 06:56:30 pm »

I'll set a few small traps. Bait them with some meat and seeds.
K ill fit you in on day 24 cuz otherwise you'd be Idle

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: October 24, 2010, 08:05:40 pm »

8 hours: Cheddarius feasts on meat and beer, then goes to his bedroom and sleeps.
16 hours: Cheddarius pounds out copper breastplates to protect the fortress.

Anyone want those new battle-axes or breastplates?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: October 24, 2010, 11:14:26 pm »

I'm an NPC with poor endurance. I think we only have one crossbow though, so another one might help.

... I'm still following this. I guess I'm still interested. Mind keeping me around as a player, or would you rather just leave me as an NPC guard?

If I'm still in:
16 hours finishing the wall.
8 hours sleeping and eating.

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: October 25, 2010, 12:48:04 am »

Garul will do as follows:

16 hours Sleep
8 hours eating, relaxing, and socializing with anyone taking a break.
This is Dwarf Fortress! If we can chuck magma at innocent wildlife, we can do ANYTHING!

It was at this point that I realised that dwarves are actually the essence of chaos. What else can make perpetual motion machines, recursive statues with more building materials than the average tower and has such a short attention span that a damn fine chair can off-set the death of their entire family.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: October 25, 2010, 01:26:21 am »

Huster has given me permission to start another game like this... Look forward to it...
Wow, never noticed how cocky I was when I posted this, never ment it that way...
Anyway I have sent a PM to Hastur on my actions, I just wanted to extend on the PM by informing him that Nanoth comes to get his food when its time to eat before disappearing like he has of late. He speaks to no one, and the puppies that used to follow him around are no where to be found...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Cheddarius

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm.
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: October 25, 2010, 02:55:40 am »

Wow, never noticed how cocky I was when I posted this, never ment it that way...
I didn't see it as that cocky. If you said something like "Well, we all know this is going to die, lol, Hastur is a failure, also I had sex with his mother. Aaaaanyway I'm going to start a new game. Yep." - then that would be cocky.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 46