yes, montage me
- 5 (83.3%)
Ok, montage them
- 1 (16.7%)
i really would rather not montage one week
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 46

Author Topic: Fortress Mode: the RPG (is it dead or what lol?)  (Read 34583 times)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress Mode: the RPG
« Reply #315 on: July 18, 2010, 08:27:48 pm »

Nevermind then. I haven't gotten around to adding the initial 7's starting equipment to the stocks.

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: August 20, 2010, 04:35:42 pm »

rocks fall everyone dies?

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: August 20, 2010, 05:42:33 pm »

I have been waiting for this to come back up... but it would seem to have fallen under, like many other fun forum games.
This is Dwarf Fortress! If we can chuck magma at innocent wildlife, we can do ANYTHING!

It was at this point that I realised that dwarves are actually the essence of chaos. What else can make perpetual motion machines, recursive statues with more building materials than the average tower and has such a short attention span that a damn fine chair can off-set the death of their entire family.

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: August 20, 2010, 06:50:12 pm »

I got all bummed out and its hard to keep my momentum going much less other players too. Maybe I should try a reboot? What If everyone was a GM? The non combat task resolution is not too hard I think, anyone could update the days productivity, and even introduce special events. I'm a dictator at heart though I dont think it would work out, but maybe its worth a shot?

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: October 16, 2010, 09:40:59 pm »

Been some time since this was around, maybe it can be reborn, i hope someone on the forum is interested, cause i would play, but i don't think i could manage to run it right now.
This is Dwarf Fortress! If we can chuck magma at innocent wildlife, we can do ANYTHING!

It was at this point that I realised that dwarves are actually the essence of chaos. What else can make perpetual motion machines, recursive statues with more building materials than the average tower and has such a short attention span that a damn fine chair can off-set the death of their entire family.

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: October 16, 2010, 09:52:03 pm »

lol i just happened to be here today. i have classes now this season but i do have some ideas on how to make it all work.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: October 17, 2010, 12:00:59 am »

Hmmm I might be willing to start one using AssciDraw to build the Fort in its ways, let me look at it tonight, heck Huster send me what ever info you had for this and I can work on it with ya if you want (or even work by myself if you want to hand the reins over completely allowing you to actually play it.)
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress Mode: the RPG (gathering players!)
« Reply #322 on: October 17, 2010, 07:03:25 pm »

OOC: This is the rebirth of the game. i will give some time for my players to regather. Anyone may message me plot hooks, interesting encounters, or ideas that they would like to see incorporated.

If you dont know how to play, and would like to play, message me and I will explain it to you it is simple for the players.

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress Mode: the RPG (In Renewal)
« Reply #323 on: October 17, 2010, 11:57:42 pm »

Same thread, or a new one? either way, i'm in!

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: October 18, 2010, 12:01:29 am »

OOC :hmm good question, i guess theres no need to clog up the intertubes, so ill continue it here. Though I bet we'd get more players if i start a new thread oh well.

Riversand

• Bay Watcher
  • Gem-Tastic!
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: October 18, 2010, 12:03:22 am »

Alright. Make sure to post a hot-link showing the new arc, sort of a chapter-jump.

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: October 18, 2010, 02:03:04 am »

The Dwarves last days are upon them! They will surely die without your help, come play as one! Just claim one and help them to their destiny!

Day 23
The bleak sun barely illuminates through the morning mist on this dreary morning, But at least it keeps the Blood Gnats down to a mere nuisance.

Doc The chief Medical Dwarf awakens from his bedroom/hospital to be, which is far, far ,far below the rest of the fort. Over a hundred levels down he dug for his own personal room. But his seclusion seems to be interrupted this morning, as he makes out a distinct disturbance emenating from these very walls that he resides in. He puts his ear to the ground... A faint scratching... beyond the walls. He takes up his well worn pick. A few probing strikes ought to quiet it down, or should he go and inform the others?

Eral The woodcutter, remains Idle for today, she lies in an ominous deep slumber.

Cog The Fisheryworker goes out into the foggy marsh, nearly having to probe ahead with the fishing pole to get anywhere without tripping. He reaches the muddy banks of the swamp and casts out a line. A harsh tug and audible splash is sensed almost immediatly. He grins while tugging back, It must be a big one! Let go? or fight on?

Nirur Torir, the gifted and talanted Mason, stoneworker, and bookkeeper, stands atop the 2 story tower of his own making, with a borrowed crossbow in hand. His vantage point gives him an impressive line of sight over the fog, but he worries he would be shooting blind if the had to assist a teammate on the ground. Get down in case he is needed? or chill out up here?

Revist The Hunter, hauls a dead alligator from the stocks and butchers it. Adding its meat to the stocks. He concludes

Azurist The Hammerdwarf, Stomps around in pain pulling the quills from his body after his previous fight. Where is the doctor!? a dwarfs life could be at stake, what if he was poisoned!? The careless disregard he gets from his fellow dwarves as he attempts to administer to his own wounds, WOUNDS HE RECEIVED WATCHING OUT FOR EVERYONE ELSE'S BEARDS IS ENOUGH TO DRIVE A DWARF CRAZY! Take your mighty hammer and hammer the living bjeezus out of the nearest thing?, or get drunk?

Ochita the miner, builds archways and supports throughout the day, in an attempt to strengthen the fortress. His wounds are healing well, and he amuses his mind with wandering thoughts of the mini ballista he contemplated up while recouperating in bed.

nanothnir salvages what he can from the damaged crops and begins construcion on a short fence around the surface farms, he stops only to chat with ochita about how to get water to the underground farming area, and settles on digging it out deep enough to hold some water dropped in by many many buckets. it would be the simplest way at least.

Garul (played by riversand already)finishes embedding the remainder of his traps at the netrence to the fort. they are triggered by a simple lever hidden under a dark stone on the floor. Garul climbs up the mountainside and oversees the fortress. The swamp is a big threat, its banks come right up to the meeting area jsut outside the entrance to the underground, and zombies and other creatures seem to rise out of it periodically. The towers would be a good addition once finished, but it might also attract curious pasasers by, for good or ill.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 05:05:17 pm by Hastur »

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: October 18, 2010, 04:57:21 pm »

Alright. Make sure to post a hot-link showing the new arc, sort of a chapter-jump.

OOC: i dont know how to hot link.

also come in and play folks!

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress Mode: the RPG (come play!)
« Reply #328 on: October 18, 2010, 05:10:57 pm »

It was fun, but it's been too long. I'll drop out, so a new player may take my place.

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress Mode: the RPG (come play!)
« Reply #329 on: October 18, 2010, 05:12:36 pm »

no prob, I'd just restart a similar game if all the dwarves end up dead. Like Dungeon Keeper style.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 46