yes, montage me
- 5 (83.3%)
Ok, montage them
- 1 (16.7%)
i really would rather not montage one week
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 46

Author Topic: Fortress Mode: the RPG (is it dead or what lol?)  (Read 34527 times)

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fortress Mode: the RPG
« Reply #60 on: June 03, 2010, 04:35:18 pm »

Nevyn bloated tubers leave no seeds and cannot be farmed, the bulb is the most nutritious part. Judging by the surroundings, fisher berries would be most convenient to grow. and someone has already gathered a small pile of miscellaneous plants, muck roots among them. They can be farmed.
Day 3 so far...

Neyvn searches for more plants in a different direction, scaling the steep sides of the volcano, he finds patches of whip vine, but they are not edible without milling, but are otherwise profitable. Otherwise he finds 2 days worth of whip vine, and 10 days worth of muck root. the muckroot is plentiful and easily harvested.

Nirur, spends some time with his cheap hardtack and cheap rum before devoting time fixing up the shack. by the time he is done its is a sturdy albeit small bunker, the 3 walls are sturdy stone, and a wooden roof on posts will deflect rain off to the side.

Org/urist useing materials from the group basics, Urist sets up a makeshift still. The tubers are fried up and turned into tuber beer, the group basics contain a barrel and he fills it about halfway with 20 units of fresh frosty beer of good quality.

Eral/Ukranian follows nirur and learns a thing or two, but it will take 200 hours before she gains some real skill in it, maybe more with her slow intellect.

Ochita after resting back to full strength he begins digging a new room. The new workshop room can hold one shop at the end of the day, and the food storage room is a full 20 squares large. The food stockpile is moved there in everyones spare resting time.

Doc treats the kitten, using up another bottle of wine to clean out the wound. the kitty mews repetedly, he thens works more on the basement, nearly slipping on the misformed steps.

Cogs/Lab gathers the last of the loose wood in the imediiate area, gaining 10 units of wood. Then, spending a few hours balancing branches and roots, they said it couldn't be done, especially without formal training, but Cog's tent is reinforced with a weave of interlocking branches. Later on, all the unprepared seafood is preserved and packed away, although the tortoise stubbornly refuses to immediately die.

Moods
++Doc
-Urist +work satisfaction + made good beer
---Nirur +Work satisfaction - eating hardtack. Nirur's patience begins to run thin.
+Nanothnir
--Ochita + your cat seems to be improving + work satisfaction

It begins to rain at the end of the day, keeps the gnats down, but is still miserable to be outdoors in. but everyone shares some good tuber beer around the fire at the end of the day and that keeps things even what with the bugs earlier in the day and all. A good nights sleep is difficult without a proper bed.

Day 4 approaches...
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 06:18:15 pm by Hastur »

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 03, 2010, 04:38:17 pm »

Share freshly brewed drinks
-Rest
-Sleep
-Herbalism

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 03, 2010, 04:43:39 pm »

Org, it's still day 3.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 03, 2010, 04:48:12 pm »

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 03, 2010, 04:50:12 pm »

Nirur I have carved a space out for you to do masonry so you can do your work inside
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 03, 2010, 04:55:47 pm »

Thanks, that should improve my mood so I don't go berserk, especially if I start building doors to keep the bugs out.

Also, nobody touch the hardtack. It's terrible stuff, even worse then you think it is. Dwarf bread would be an improvement.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 03, 2010, 04:57:03 pm »

You can borrow some of my plump helmets...
One or two.

Labs

• Bay Watcher
  • This aggresion will not stand, man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 03, 2010, 05:02:44 pm »

My actions?
I like to slip into bear caves around midnight and gently caress the carnivore inside before leaving a small cut of fresh fish and sneaking out.

Ukrainian Ranger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 03, 2010, 05:13:04 pm »

Labs, it was edited into day 2.... post actions for day 3

Day 4 actions

8 hours: Look for something butcherable to fight with.
8 hours: Eat, drink, rest
8 hours: Sleep in the shack

I noticied that I miscalculated my attribute points and spent only 9.... Can you take away -1 from the perception?
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 05:24:04 pm by Ukrainian Ranger »
War must be, while we defend our lives against a destroyer who would devour all; but I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 03, 2010, 05:28:38 pm »

24 hours help nirur with his tower idea and carve out a side corridor with 6 3x3 rooms and 1 5x3 linked to it. Have a short break to eat and drink 
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Labs

• Bay Watcher
  • This aggresion will not stand, man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 03, 2010, 05:47:30 pm »

Oh, whoops. See if I can find some loose wood. If I can, try and reinforce one side of my tent into a makeshift Lean-To. After that, prepare the fishes.
I like to slip into bear caves around midnight and gently caress the carnivore inside before leaving a small cut of fresh fish and sneaking out.

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 03, 2010, 06:25:22 pm »

Night 3: SUDENNLY. A horrid creature swoops overhead, rustling the willows between arcs. Great gusts of wind nearly collapse a couple of the tents. Any dwarf brave enough to peek their head out can see a large broad winged humanoid fuigure, with a jackal-like head, the mane of a lion, and long grasping fingers. After terryfying the expedition with its sharp, shrill screetches, it it eventually snatches Doc's tent in its claws from over his head and flies off, with the tent flapping in the winds.

EDIT IN RESPONS TO ORG "whut" : a creature came by and spooked the dwarves out of their sleep. it grabbed a tent while it was flying by and flew off.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 06:40:16 pm by Hastur »

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 03, 2010, 06:38:46 pm »

WHat

Hastur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 03, 2010, 06:47:06 pm »

NOTE: where do you want to build a tower? outside? out or rocks right?

Day 4: Today is rainy, and windy-cold. but tuber beer warms from the inside. An interrupted sleep makes everyone a little more grumpy, not that sleeping on cold ground wasnt very good either.

Nirur Torir + + + enjoys a good meal and plenty of good drink. Refreshed he hauls one of his square stone blocks into his new workshop area. Even though it is just a stone block in the middle of the room, that plus his tools is adequate for his masonry-work. Enthused, he squeezes out 2 more stone blocks.

Ochita works all day and throughout the night3 whole shifts of mining. His blows echo out of the volcanoside. He digs a mighty 24 sqares today, but wearyness takes its toll on his work. Only 8 usable rock is mined out. 24 hours of mining is hard work but his hardy constitution enables him to accomplish such a thing. Sweat pours off of him as he works and condenses all over the rock walls in this humid environment. he drinks his daily booze but must also drink stagnant swampwaters to stay active. 2 of the 3x3 rooms are complete.

Urist/Org - -works out in the cold wet rains today . He grumbles but manages to get very lucky, gathering 24 days worth of muck root. It is nasty stuff, tasting like the bottom of a silty swamp, but it'll keep a dwarf from starving, and it doesnt even make good whiskey. Additionally he stumbles upon a patch of mysterious fronds, they are sickly sweet and carry a strong,pungent, fecund smell. It doesnt smell too bad, but the gnats seem to stay away. very lucky indeed.

Doc stays out of the rain, and moves all of the food into the new food stockpile underground. + he hides there and  He cuddles in a ball with several kittens and a pup while the others work

Eral/Ukranian grabs her axe and shield and heads out in a random direction. Ready for battle she warily searches for some game. After hours of searching, and despite any hunting skills she blindly stumbles upon a sloth, maybe it was beginners luck. The sloth is struck down. She also notes a cave entrance off in the distance, about 3 hours from camp.

Nanothnir Sits in the wagon quietly crafting shoddy stone tipped arrows. he giggles as he tests the sharp if brittle stone tips.He completes 40 of them. Nanothnir is a natural marksman due to his innate fine motor abilities. Given his sharp mind, it should take about 180 hours total to gain some real skill in the ways of the bow, practice in combat of course is much faster than practice on the firing range. He munches some tubers too, which arent that bad considering they grow out of a swamp, just kinds tasteless.
Moods
---Ochita +good beer -weary +satisfied -murky water. Ochita audibly mutters under his breath.
Nirur + admired his own workshop today.
--Urist - - Is drenched. he shoots hatefull glances at the others ,and wonders how he would prepare them all, if it came down to it.
-Eral - is drenched.
+++Nanothnir - is drenched
Day 5 approaches....
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 12:15:40 am by Hastur »

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 03, 2010, 06:51:12 pm »

8 hours: Resting. I eat fish and drink a double serving of Urist's delicious beer.
8 hours: Set-up a mason's workshop in the designated area in the cave, using the remaining stone block. If there's time, I'll make more stone blocks.
8 hours: Sleep in the shack, using a candle to ward the gnats away.

The double serving of beer is probably needed. I'd hate to go berserk and destroy something.
Hastur, you should probably be keeping track of the goods closely, if you're not already doing so. It's a pain to realize ten or twenty turns in that you need to go back and tally up everything.

Somebody might want to try making some sort of bedding, before we all die of berserk dwarven rage.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 46